Krispy Kreme failing in Canada

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Juan, now there's an opportunity for you! You could be up there with Tim Horton's some day. Talking about opportunities, we recently hosted a Spanish exchange student here. She amazed me. Smart, ambitious. She swore that in Spain they don't have peanut butter, or maple syrup, or maple cookies or oatmeal. My goodness, what they're missing! You could make some big bucks, Juan, steering those products there!
I can live without donuts but I couldn't enter a day without peanut butter.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Since my favourite peanut has always been the Spanish peanut, I always assumed Spain would be up to their necks in peanut oil and peanut butter. I think the Spaniards brought the peanut back from South America.

http://tinyurl.com/3aqh95

I'm surprised the Spanish haven't yet figured out peanut butter........they do grow peanuts.

I wonder if they have doughnuts...:p

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Kripsy Kreme has been doing quite badly here in Gopherland after a tremendous initial success. I found them too sweet and fattening and I guess so does everyone else.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Kripsy Kreme has been doing quite badly here in Gopherland after a tremendous initial success. I found them too sweet and fattening and I guess so does everyone else.

I think they are way over the top......Kind of like sitting down to have a nice big bowl of whipped cream. One of our local doughnut places has a whipped cream filled eclair that is covered in a very sweet, thick, chocolate icing.......same thing......just too much!

mysweetjane

Aug 22, 2007
www.canadainfosite.com
Bye bye tooth decay

Years ago when we got out first Krispy Kreme store the line was a mile long down the road .... people that previously bought 2 doughnuts at the local shop were now buying a whole box full. Employers started having Krispy Kreme fridays when they would buy a couple of boxes full (they never did that with the local shop!) and then schools (?) the same ones complaining about childhood obesity starting selling boxes full cut price at fetes and other fund raisers! I had one once it was soooooo sweet I felt sick and strangely even though the coffee wasn't sugared it was too sweet too! While I was gnawing my way though the one sickly doughnut a young boy bought a box full and proceeded to eat every one washing it down with a bottle of coke! I'm not sad to see them go - hopefully they won't be replaced with any more junk outlets bring back grannys cinnamon doughnuts or jam filled doughnuts !

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Years ago when we got out first Krispy Kreme store the line was a mile long down the road .... people that previously bought 2 doughnuts at the local shop were now buying a whole box full. Employers started having Krispy Kreme fridays when they would buy a couple of boxes full (they never did that with the local shop!) and then schools (?) the same ones complaining about childhood obesity starting selling boxes full cut price at fetes and other fund raisers! I had one once it was soooooo sweet I felt sick and strangely even though the coffee wasn't sugared it was too sweet too! While I was gnawing my way though the one sickly doughnut a young boy bought a box full and proceeded to eat every one washing it down with a bottle of coke! I'm not sad to see them go - hopefully they won't be replaced with any more junk outlets bring back grannys cinnamon doughnuts or jam filled doughnuts !

How many calories is that, 3000?

Welcome to CC!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... donuts

I've only had Krispy Kremes once and I loved them. Yum! Being the Queen of all Pastries (eating, not making) it is sad that this franchise isn't providing me with one more of my basic food groups. Never did try the coffee but of all the coffee for sale I still prefer my own made at home exactly how I like it.

Edited to add ...
If you really want an awesome treat, try a Persian from Thunder Bay Grocery!

Shell brought me some when she came back from there. Yummmmmm!

Oh Cosmo. I would so dearly love to take a big bite of one of your...
.delicious doughnuts pictured above.