King Iggy – Canada or the Liberal Party’s Savior – What do you think?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
How do you get SFP ??

How about SF2004 ?

SF2004
I had a few more beers than normal yesterday –
Next reason is – Those dammed humans keep on making mistakes – My boss likes that saying and that is where I got it from – Rather like it I must say.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
dion would have amputated his own foot to be able to stay as Leader. He hadn't wanted to leave until a leadeship convention, but with Harper rapidly self destructing, the Liberals forced him out to go with a stronger leader.

The coalition did serve it's purpose. It very nearly gave Harpo a coronary and he had to underhandedly (sic) suspend democracy to save his butt

Your point is invalid.. The fact that Dion left at the time he did proves he did not hold on to the Leadership. The point could be argued that he remaiined so the Liberals would have an unbias Leader in place during the convention to free all those who wanted to run.

It is an irrelevant point as he gave up his position and Ignatieff was voted by caucus as leader after all other contestant withdrew. That will be formalized at the general meeting coming up if I am not mistaken in the facts I just mentioned..

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Your point is invalid.. The fact that Dion left at the time he did proves he did not hold on to the Leadership. The point could be argued that he remaiined so the Liberals would have an unbias Leader in place during the convention to free all those who wanted to run.

It is an irrelevant point as he gave up his position and Ignatieff was voted by caucus as leader after all other contestant withdrew. That will be formalized at the general meeting coming up if I am not mistaken in the facts I just mentioned..

SF2004

Hope all is well.

Look like King Iggy is pushing his MP’s to mine for gold – and if you do not come up with enough donations and new members why you could face a nomination fight –

No mention on their qualifications – cold be as smart as a big dog – Not an intentional slight to owners of big dogs as we all know most are smarted than the majority of politicians – But this does have that Bag Man Odor – They must be yearning for the days when the monies flowed to them – Legally of not.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090304.wliberals5/BNStory/politics/home
In return, Mr. Ignatieff would not allow nomination battles in the ridings of individuals who successfully meet the targets. One source said the number of Liberal-held ridings with 400 or more members can be measured in the dozens. There are currently 77 Liberal MPs and 308 ridings across the country. The move is one in a series that Mr. Ignatieff is making to rebuild a party whose fundraising and organization has come under criticism.
“When Michael came in as leader … [he] wanted to develop a culture where members don't take protection for granted,” said Senator David Smith. “If they are going to be protected they must keep their membership at certain levels.
Mr. Smith, who chaired Jean Chrétien's successful majority electoral campaigns, outlined the new rules to the national caucus several weeks ago. He explained that MPs must file their paperwork proving their membership numbers with the party by June 1.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
SF 2004

I wonder how Iggy will deal with one of his MP’s stating his support, publicly for the Tamil Tigers.
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2009/03/06/raphael-alexander-gurbax-misses-the-memo-ii.aspx
That is why we must be unequivocal in our condemnation of those who support the LTTE, the Tamil Tigers terrorist organization in Sri Lanka. There is no place in a free society for the encouragement of barbarism enacted upon others, even though those acts may occur in societies which are not free. The Liberal M.P. for Bramalea-Gore-Malton in Ontario, Gurbax Singh Malhi, represents a community that is ethnically similar to the one he was born into. Born in Punjab, India, in 1949, Mr. Malhi is a pioneer in political breakthroughs for minorities, becoming the first Sikh in the western world to wear a turban in Parliament. It's clear enough that he's a person of principle. Unfortunately, no person can in good conscience condone Mr. Malhi’s decision to stand in solidarity with terrorists.
By appearing at a rally on Parliament Hill surrounded by militant terrorist flags of the LTTE, Mr. Malhi has taken a stand shoulder-to-shoulder with an organization that is officially banned in Canada as a terrorist group. In a speech made before the crowd, the Liberal MP has compromised the priorities of a Canadian Parliamentarian by saying that the Tamils are fighting “for a right cause”. Apparently the decision to address the crowd was impromptu; Mr. Malhi says he was just “passing by” when he spotted the rally and decided to join in. Perhaps Mr. Malhi would be wise to recall that civilians have been killed in both sides of this struggle, and that by defending the actions of a terrorist organization he gives undue validity to them, however unintentional on his part.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
SF 2004

I wonder how Iggy will deal with one of his MP’s stating his support, publicly for the Tamil Tigers.
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2009/03/06/raphael-alexander-gurbax-misses-the-memo-ii.aspx
That is why we must be unequivocal in our condemnation of those who support the LTTE, the Tamil Tigers terrorist organization in Sri Lanka. There is no place in a free society for the encouragement of barbarism enacted upon others, even though those acts may occur in societies which are not free. The Liberal M.P. for Bramalea-Gore-Malton in Ontario, Gurbax Singh Malhi, represents a community that is ethnically similar to the one he was born into. Born in Punjab, India, in 1949, Mr. Malhi is a pioneer in political breakthroughs for minorities, becoming the first Sikh in the western world to wear a turban in Parliament. It's clear enough that he's a person of principle. Unfortunately, no person can in good conscience condone Mr. Malhi’s decision to stand in solidarity with terrorists.
By appearing at a rally on Parliament Hill surrounded by militant terrorist flags of the LTTE, Mr. Malhi has taken a stand shoulder-to-shoulder with an organization that is officially banned in Canada as a terrorist group. In a speech made before the crowd, the Liberal MP has compromised the priorities of a Canadian Parliamentarian by saying that the Tamils are fighting “for a right cause”. Apparently the decision to address the crowd was impromptu; Mr. Malhi says he was just “passing by” when he spotted the rally and decided to join in. Perhaps Mr. Malhi would be wise to recall that civilians have been killed in both sides of this struggle, and that by defending the actions of a terrorist organization he gives undue validity to them, however unintentional on his part.

Goober, this is quite similar to the parade incident in Surrey BC where all 3 parties members ( Conservative, Liberal and NDP ) were in attendence.. The Sikh group in question are linked to a terrorist leader and none of tthe members were slapped on the hand. How many similar situations and funding parties do you think are attended by members without our knowledge by all parties ?

Do you really think they ar not trying to gather votes where ever they can ?

To me party discipline should be held accountable.. No if, and or buts.. However I am not leader and all parties have been caught doing it.. I don't live with blinders on..

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Goober, this is quite similar to the parade incident in Surrey BC where all 3 parties members ( Conservative, Liberal and NDP ) were in attendence.. The Sikh group in question are linked to a terrorist leader and none of tthe members were slapped on the hand. How many similar situations and funding parties do you think are attended by members without our knowledge by all parties ?

Do you really think they ar not trying to gather votes where ever they can ?

To me party discipline should be held accountable.. No if, and or buts.. However I am not leader and all parties have been caught doing it.. I don't live with blinders on..

SF 2004

I am aware of that disgusting event – It is commentary on how the leadership deals with it – Though please consider that if a head count was ever done the Liberals were far and away the party that showed up at the majority of these so called Martyrs Events – They should be illegal and I am quite surprised that no complaints have ever been lodged by that fellow who submits most of these complaint to the HRC in any province – Hate speech and the glorification of terror is hate, is it not?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
we'll see about Iggy.

I think he is just standing aside while the Conservative ship runs up against the world economic iceberg.....and sinks.

I'm not sure there is much substance to him, even less sure he has any principles.....which could make him an effective Liberal leader, and PM

We'll see.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
we'll see about Iggy.

I think he is just standing aside while the Conservative ship runs up against the world economic iceberg.....and sinks.

I'm not sure there is much substance to him, even less sure he has any principles.....which could make him an effective Liberal leader, and PM

We'll see.

Colpy

Iggy is a contortionist 1st for the War in Iraq – then against – still if you read his statements carefully you would note that he is still in favor of selective torture and selective killings – One day he is for, next against – Yes he will probably get elected PM but riding on the back of a recession – where does he stand – no one really knows now do they – Iggy a man for all positions.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It's my understanding that having no principles is a prerequisite for the Liberal leadership position now.

Cannuck

You seem to have missed a few

Using the RCMP as your personal vendetta agency – to harass and investigate those that go against you.

Losing your book of promises but having it appear as if from heaven at election time – when it was pulled from a stinky orifice , where fiber finds its exit, that is why there is such a public stink

Having MP’s that do not face leadership challenges unless the Leader thinks so – Very good for keeping the highly paid minion or bots in line.

Having the ability to say – Well it was only a few million -

Having that rare ability to deny what you stated yesterday and all the lemmings believe you – Great trick.

Having donations to a Leadership fund that is in surplus – which in turn is turned over to the Liberal Party of Canada – Now the term In & Out comes to mind – Talk about Fuggen ethics eh – No to be found

Right up their with Volpes donations from those children who had saved for years to donate 5 K to his run. Amazing children – Never know what they will come up with –

A 1 or 2 million project that has turned into 2 billion and rising – Wish I had them as a financial advisor –

As Chretien opened a museum of humor perhaps we should have a museum of truth –