King Iggy – Canada or the Liberal Party’s Savior – What do you think?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The nickname 'iggy' belongs to Jerome Iginla, not the person you're referring to.
He'll have to find another one, and not steal jerome's.

I don't know Talloola. Ignatief and Iginla, There might be an argument because Ignatief is older and has more seniority.....;-):lol:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
apparently Goober:roll:

Ron

I did not die – yet – As to the handle I picked for Ignatief – I thought it would be appropriate –
As to another name feel free to suggest any that may come to mind.

Tyr – I am not sure that I was the 1st to name him but as mentioned I believe it to be appropriate.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Ron

I did not die – yet – As to the handle I picked for Ignatief – I thought it would be appropriate –
As to another name feel free to suggest any that may come to mind.

Tyr – I am not sure that I was the 1st to name him but as mentioned I believe it to be appropriate.

MacLeans' has referred to Ignatieff as "The Czar". If your memory serves you well Goober, it was Capt. Morgan (Canada.com) who chritianed Ignatieff as "King Iggy" in reference to the coalition "alliance"

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
MacLeans' has referred to Ignatieff as "The Czar". If your memory serves you well Goober, it was Capt. Morgan (Canada.com) who chritianed Ignatieff as "King Iggy" in reference to the coalition "alliance"

Tyr
Memory is not as it used to be –
Like that country song - I am not as good as I once was but I am as good once as I ever was.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Goober again I ask...

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...ng-iggy-canada-liberal-party.html#post1053535
CTV.ca | Harper wrong on democracy claims: experts

Now you can argue a lot of points but here is one you cannot.. Ignatieff signed the Document with the same Devils Harper did.. The only Difference is Harper was Leader of the party and Ignatieff was Not.

So is Harper as much or more of a traitor then Ignatieff as he was leader when he signed ?

Yes or No ?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Sir Francis 2004

And would you be SRM by chance? And No I stated that I would support Rae.

Sir Francis 2004
Harper was indeed the leader – Ignatieff as we know was the Anointed One – Caucus would go which ever way Iggy went, can you dispute that fact of life?– Dion was dead and rotting in his position as leader – you know that as well as I -

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Goober again I ask...

So is Harper as much or more of a traitor then Ignatieff as he was leader when he signed ?

Yes or No ?

Ah yes Goober, your best trait has not left you.. You still refuse to answer a question with a straight answer..

The answer is simple..

If you believe in the Canadian Constitution then neither were traitors.

If you believe the Candian Constitution is flawed then they were both but more so Harper as he was a Leader..

Personally I believe the first so your buddy Harper would not have been a Traitor but neither was Ignatieff..

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Sir Francis 2004
Harper was indeed the leader – Ignatieff as we know was the Anointed One – Caucus would go which ever way Iggy went, can you dispute that fact of life?– Dion was dead and rotting in his position as leader – you know that as well as I -

He was Anointed by the legal process within the Party that all agreed on. Personally I think it stinks myself but it is legal. What about a process that is legal do you not understand :?:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
He was Anointed by the legal process within the Party that all agreed on. Personally I think it stinks myself but it is legal. What about a process that is legal do you not understand :?:
Sir Francis 2004

What is it about a process that stinks to high heaven – What is it that makes it legal yet not right – If that is the tack that leads you in life I would be quite surprised about that.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Sir Francis 2004

What is it about a process that stinks to high heaven – What is it that makes it legal yet not right – If that is the tack that leads you in life I would be quite surprised about that.

Goober, the same rule apply in all parties so they do not get caught Leaderless as this was almost the case..

So what is the gripe ?

The Party will get to vote and chose to keep Mr Ignatieff or turf him ( God forbid ) in the upcoming Convention in Vancouver BC.. His job is as anyone else's which says little about our economy and global markets.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Goober, the same rule apply in all parties so they do not get caught Leaderless as this was almost the case..

So what is the gripe ?

The Party will get to vote and chose to keep Mr Ignatieff or turf him ( God forbid ) in the upcoming Convention in Vancouver BC.. His job is as anyone else's which says little about our economy and global markets.

SFP 2004
I hope you do not mind the abbreviation, if it does just let me know –
Question – who is Iggy running against – No one – the party would not have been leaderless, they still had that corpse call Stephane – The old time power brokers have their man and he will have debts to pay just as he would have debts if the Coalition of the Dumb had gone thru.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
SFP 2004
I hope you do not mind the abbreviation, if it does just let me know –
Question – who is Iggy running against – No one – the party would not have been leaderless, they still had that corpse call Stephane – The old time power brokers have their man and he will have debts to pay just as he would have debts if the Coalition of the Dumb had gone thru.

How do you get SFP ??

How about SF2004 ?

In any case it was not my choice and the party will decide if Ignatieff is to stay or leave.. Dion didn't want the job anymore and you know it. He had quit and time was short. The coalition had it's purpose and did it's job. It exposed the NDP and Bloc while bringing out the document Harper wished he had never signed.

Once again if Liberals don't like Ignatieff, they will have a say with no more budget in the way.

Bartleby

Time Out
Feb 17, 2009
So Goober:

Why are you now so intent on detracting from Ignatieff? Originally you were a assassin of Dion, happy to crap on him according to Party line or even the worst of the attack ads...all of a sudden no Ignatieff is a threat and someone you need to disrpespect - why is that?

As for his becoming leader of the Liberal Party, how different is that from the betrayals and backroom sleaze that let Harpo become the leader despite Party affiliation for MacKay and the backstabbing of David Orchard?

Aren't they all a bit dirty?

But why have you changed your tack from crapping on Dion to trying to find a way, albeit beyond your capability, to smear Ignatieff?

Who do you work for Goober?

barney

Electoral Member
Aug 1, 2007
Dion didn't want the job anymore and you know it. He had quit and time was short.

He did not quit, he was forced out (not officially of course), with the help of the gullible Canadian public. And Ignatief wasn't some emergency measure, the Liberals exec have had their eye on him for a while.

A lot of very rich people want Ignatief in office, now that Harper has not worked out. Money talks and Dion sucks at it--in English at least. ;-)

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
How do you get SFP ??

How about SF2004 ?

In any case it was not my choice and the party will decide if Ignatieff is to stay or leave.. Dion didn't want the job anymore and you know it. He had quit and time was short. The coalition had it's purpose and did it's job. It exposed the NDP and Bloc while bringing out the document Harper wished he had never signed.

Once again if Liberals don't like Ignatieff, they will have a say with no more budget in the way.

dion would have amputated his own foot to be able to stay as Leader. He hadn't wanted to leave until a leadeship convention, but with Harper rapidly self destructing, the Liberals forced him out to go with a stronger leader.

The coalition did serve it's purpose. It very nearly gave Harpo a coronary and he had to underhandedly (sic) suspend democracy to save his butt

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So Goober:

Why are you now so intent on detracting from Ignatieff? Originally you were a assassin of Dion, happy to crap on him according to Party line or even the worst of the attack ads...all of a sudden no Ignatieff is a threat and someone you need to disrpespect - why is that?

As for his becoming leader of the Liberal Party, how different is that from the betrayals and backroom sleaze that let Harpo become the leader despite Party affiliation for MacKay and the backstabbing of David Orchard?

Aren't they all a bit dirty?

But why have you changed your tack from crapping on Dion to trying to find a way, albeit beyond your capability, to smear Ignatieff?

Who do you work for Goober?

Bartleby
Now who would you be in your past incarnation -