Justin Trudeau — He's in way over his head.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Unfortunately that is all too true.

I find the ads to be intellectually insulting at the very least and highly reflective of the mind set of the party who has produced them. If they can not attack the issue, then they are no better than the one who has put their foot in their mouth, in fact they are worse as they have not made an error but a choice.

Bear in mind that the issue would never have existed if the individual never provided the cannon-fodder to begin with.

The 'errors' are not always just simple mistakes either... Trudeau (as the most recent to do so), stated that the problem with gvt is that Harper is to 'Western Canadian' (or words to that effect) and the nation needs Quebec based leaders instead.

Buddy can think that all he likes, but he needs to use his inside-voice when making such comments. The comment may (or may not) be popular in Quebec, but all he accomplished was to lay the ground work for regionalism.

That said, I think that it's important that his words be broadcast for all regions to hear - it provides some kind of insight into the man that said them.

They are merely an appeal to emotion, and look where that has landed us.

The whole elections process is now based on emotions and a culture of fear... Remember the ads that implied that there would be soldiers in the streets and we'd be living in a theocracy?

Gone are the days of voting for the individual/party that will pursue the best long-term interests of the nation... Now it's all about the freebies and pork that will be ladled-out to the areas with the largest population

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Bear in mind that the issue would never have existed if the individual never provided the cannon-fodder to begin with.

The 'errors' are not always just simple mistakes either... Trudeau (as the most recent to do so), stated that the problem with gvt is that Harper is to 'Western Canadian' (or words to that effect) and the nation needs Quebec based leaders instead.

Buddy can think that all he likes, but he needs to use his inside-voice when making such comments. The comment may (or may not) be popular in Quebec, but all he accomplished was to lay the ground work for regionalism.

That said, I think that it's important that his words be broadcast for all regions to hear - it provides some kind of insight into the man that said them.

The whole elections process is now based on emotions and a culture of fear... Remember the ads that implied that there would be soldiers in the streets and we'd be living in a theocracy?

Gone are the days of voting for the individual/party that will pursue the best long-term interests of the nation... Now it's all about the freebies and pork that will be ladled-out to the areas with the largest population

It's TIMOCRACY, Cappy, not theocracy Unless you are Expecting Pope Francisco to invade us with the Vatican Swiss Guard...

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I had no idea that it was only the Catholic faith that was allowed to have a theocracy. You might want to inform Iran of this rule.

You are expecting an invasion of Canada by IRAN if the Liberal party wins?

Re definition:
Solon introduced the ideas of timokratia as a graded oligarchy in his Solonian Constitution for Athens in the early 6th century BCE. His was the first known deliberately implemented form of timocracy, allocating political rights and economic responsibility depending on membership of one of four tiers of the population. Solon defined these tiers by measuring how many bushels of produce each man could produce in a year, namely:
  • Pentacosiomedimni - "Men of the 500 bushel", those who produced 500 bushels of produce per year, could serve as generals in the army
  • Hippeis - Knights, those who could equip themselves and one cavalry horse for war, valued at 300 bushels per year
  • Zeugitae - Tillers, owners of at least one pair of beasts of burden, valued at 200 bushels per year, could serve as Hoplites
  • Thetes - Manual laborers
Which leaves Petros, mega GMO Wheat Farmer of the Regina plains, as Prime Minister...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
You are expecting an invasion of Canada by IRAN if the Liberal party wins?

Re definition:
Solon introduced the ideas of timokratia as a graded oligarchy in his Solonian Constitution for Athens in the early 6th century BCE. His was the first known deliberately implemented form of timocracy, allocating political rights and economic responsibility depending on membership of one of four tiers of the population. Solon defined these tiers by measuring how many bushels of produce each man could produce in a year, namely:
  • Pentacosiomedimni - "Men of the 500 bushel", those who produced 500 bushels of produce per year, could serve as generals in the army
  • Hippeis - Knights, those who could equip themselves and one cavalry horse for war, valued at 300 bushels per year
  • Zeugitae - Tillers, owners of at least one pair of beasts of burden, valued at 200 bushels per year, could serve as Hoplites
  • Thetes - Manual laborers
Which leaves Petros, mega GMO Wheat Farmer of the Regina plains, as Prime Minister...

I haven't heard much about the Pope's nuclear weapons program.

By the way, how many bushels does the Pope produce each year?

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Clearly, all lost on you

You're confused, it was Pope Francisco you were all worried about invading.

A little early in the morning to be smoking crack, isn't it?

For you, its never too early.

Or two late in the day
( Two- too - get it , CM?)

WHICH explains your wildly off topic posting...

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Absolute horse sh-te. What you really want BOOMer, is the Stars and Stripes.......

Hey don't don't own any of the Alberta separatist web sites.. but they sure are growing..

Stars and Strips for Alberta, not a bad idea now that you mention it.. I mean, many of the original settlers were from Montana and Wyoming, who moved up here because of the Chinooks made it easy to raise cattle.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ab/baru/visit/visit1.aspx

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ads, whether they be meat or gristle are for the most part a waste of time. The LIV's are swayed more by the propaganda of how hip or cool a candidate is based on the infomercials they air and the infotainment darlings that lend support to them. They buy that swillish koolaid and splash about in it. Singing the shiny happy tunes of praise. Illusion rather than substance.

The media is more than happy to assist in spreading the good news about this new-age celebradouche or that. It keeps the talking heads talking.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009