Justin Trudeau abandons Alberta

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
What you see is what you got!!

If the Libs would have selected a half decent leader with some business leadership skills with some legal background you would have had some choices and an alternative.
But the Libs are far too stupid to do that so they chose to go with an azzhole with all show and no go !!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What you see is what you got!!

If the Libs would have selected a half decent leader with some business leadership skills with some legal background you would have had some choices and an alternative.
But the Libs are far too stupid to do that so they chose to go with an azzhole with all show and no go !!

Riiiiiight, because the lawyers have done so well by us up to this point.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Well running a country like Canada requires a good understanding of legal issues so you have to have a descent legal background to make good decisions.

Running a country like Canada is not like running a corner store. But Libs probably think it's the same.. So stupid!!

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
whoopdi doo, they were "elected" to a pool that harper than used to appoint. They have still been appointed by harper for life. There are still no term restrictions and no accountability. Harper talked the talk when he was trying to get elected, and once in the cat seat, has done nothing.

Let's be fair, Gerry: Alberta has done what we can in at least electing our senators (over the objections of Chretien and to a lesser degree Martin) and Harper has respected the will of the people of Alberta and also partially tried to work on senate reform (although he has also abused the senate like his Liberal predecessors in the PMO). The big issue is that real senate reform means reopening the constitution and I don't think any of us has a stomach for that, especially not those of us who remember the wrangling and attempts to hammer things out in the early to mid 80s (i.e. the Meech Lake and the Charlottetown Accords). If anything, the provinces have grown farther apart in the in interim, so the likelihood of a deal is lower, and people are naive if they think we can only reopen "part" of the document. Trying to address this as it would legally have to be addressed would be disastrous for the country, and we have other more pressing issues to deal with.

As for Justin Trudeau, what he does or doesn't do won't matter (at least at election time) to the vast majority of Albertans: too many of us remember the things his old man did to the detriment of our home and don't see the apple as falling far from the tree. If he does find his way to the PMO, it won't be because of Alberta's support, and we will have to live with whatever decisions he tries to foist on the country or separate.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If a federal election were held today Trudeau would win. Face it, Harper is on the way out.

The Libs have 36 seats compared to the Cons at 160.

The libs are barely hanging onto to being considered a party let alone forming gvt.

justine will be getting his *** handed to him by the dippers and cons in the run-up to the next election... We'll see how long it takes before he cries

Riiiiiight, because the lawyers have done so well by us up to this point.

A failed drama teacher and snowboard instructor isn't exactly a recipe for success

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
as he kicks out the only Alberta voices from the Liberal caucus.

On Wednesday Justin Trudeau, in what some have referred to as a 'bold' move, kicked out the only Alberta representatives, Senators Grant Mitchell and Claudette Tardiff, from the caucus of the Liberal Party of Canada. According to Trudeau: "I no longer want to have a relationship as a leader to these people, and they are no longer part of my party"

So with no elected Liberal MPs and now with no Liberal Senators, when the Liberal caucus gathers together to discuss issues or formulate policy etc, Albertans will no longer have anyone in the room to represent or speak for them. How can this be considered a good thing to do for either the people of Alberta or the Liberal Party?

It isn't, and having no one in the caucus room to speak on behalf of 3.7 million people from a province which is considered by some to be the 'economic engine of Canada' is not 'bold', it's a half baked, short sighted, political stunt.

more

Alberta Ardvark: Justin Trudeau abandons Alberta as he kicks out the only Alberta voices from the Liberal caucus.

I would wonder if Albertans, as a whole, would lose much sleep over Junior, as they, by and large have a different philosophy, that of being down to earth and a work ethic!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I would wonder if Albertans, as a whole, would lose much sleep over Junior, as they, by and large have a different philosophy, that of being down to earth and a work ethic!

ROFLMFAO.... work ethic....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A failed drama teacher and snowboard instructor isn't exactly a recipe for success

Justin Trudeau taught social studies, French, English, and math. Hardly a failed drama teacher. If you can't think of anything ,
just make it up.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Justin Trudeau taught social studies, French, English, and math. Hardly a failed drama teacher. If you can't think of anything ,
just make it up.

What he was "on paper" and his actual performance COULD be two different things. -:)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Whatever.... Buddy is a loser.

At least we know that baby-t admires the brutal Chinese communist regime.

What he actually said:

"
” You know, there’s a level of of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say ‘we need to go green fastest…we need to start investing in solar.’ I mean there is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about of having a dictatorship that he can do everything he wanted that I find quite interesting.
But if I were to reach out and say which…which kind of administration I most admire, I think there’s something to be said right here in Canada for the way our territories are run. Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon are done without political parties around consensus. And are much more like a municipal government. And I think there’s a lot to be said for people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other. And I think we need a little more of that.
But Sun News can now report that I prefer China.”
Much laughter ensued. Much laughter indeed.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Too bad that the rest of the country thinks that baby-t jammed his foot in his mouth yet again.

By the way, if Trudeau thinks that China is 'going green', he would have been wise to understand that they are building coal-fired generation plants faster than anyone, at anytime in history ever has.

Like I said, buddy is a clown and it will take a miracle for him to quadruple his party's sitting MPs in order to form gvt like you prdicted

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Too bad that the rest of the country thinks that baby-t jammed his foot in his mouth yet again.

By the way, if Trudeau thinks that China is 'going green', he would have been wise to understand that they are building coal-fired generation plants faster than anyone, at anytime in history ever has.

Like I said, buddy is a clown and it will take a miracle for him to quadruple his party's sitting MPs in order to form gvt like you prdicted

Here is the latest poll. It may not say Trudeau is definitely going to win but it does suggest that Harper won't win.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I wonder how many Orange Crush voters were actually disgruntled Liberals....

The NDP grew directly at the expense of the Libs and BQ.... This is the reason that Mulcair and company will be taking a big run at discrediting Trudeau the moment that the election is called.

Here is the latest poll. It may not say Trudeau is definitely going to win but it does suggest that Harper won't win.

That last 2 polls conducted during the BC and AB elections were 100% off the mark.

You are simply padding a fantasy in my opinion

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The NDP grew directly at the expense of the Libs and BQ.... This is the reason that Mulcair and company will be taking a big run at discrediting Trudeau the moment that the election is called.

That last 2 polls conducted during the BC and AB elections were 100% off the mark.

You are simply padding a fantasy in my opinion

Don't speculate. Read the facts.