Judge Has No Business to Outlaw Pledge in Schools

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Judge Has No Business

neocon-hunter said:
When I went to court I was able to "affirm" instead of cussing on the dusty book.
Thank goodness we still have common descency here in the US. We are surely a Nation Under God. The bible says that only men of faith can take any oath genuinely. That is why we swear on the bible when in court and use the term "So Help Me God".

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Judge Has No Business

So what do think an oath an atheist swears on your book is worth, Nascar Nero? Nothing because atheists don't believe in your book. Not that it matters, Christians lie all the time anyway. Look at your leader. He's always invoking the name of his invisible man in the sky, but he had no problem lying to start an illegal war and kill a whole bunch of innocent civilians.

neocon-hunter

Time Out
Sep 27, 2005
Cloverdale, BC
mrmom2 said:
What were you in court for Hunter illegaly hunting neocons out of season :lol: :lol:

Something like that :)

Actually it was for a witness to an auto accident.

At least here NJ they give us a choice, either to swear on bible or affirm to tell the truth.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Yep i know i just finnished testifying in on assault with a weapon and assault causing bodily harm trial.Did the same thing the judge give you a funny look too :?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Reverend Blair said:
So what do think an oath an atheist swears on your book is worth, Nascar Nero? Nothing because atheists don't believe in your book. Not that it matters, Christians lie all the time anyway. Look at your leader. He's always invoking the name of his invisible man in the sky, but he had no problem lying to start an illegal war and kill a whole bunch of innocent civilians.

It is still a crime to lie while swearing under oath Rev. Anyone caught doing so will get prosecuted, athiest or not. Remember, no one, including athiests are above the law.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Judge Has No Business

So if it's a crime, why do you have to swear on a Bible? That's just silly.

BTW, since it's a crime when are you going to insist that George Bush get's charged? He took an oath of office after all, and he's been lying about everything ever since.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Reverend Blair said:
So if it's a crime, why do you have to swear on a Bible? That's just silly.

The law is the law Rev. We must keep our traditions. The reality is our Nation is one under God, so we must swear oath under God. We have an interface between Church and State since the overwhelming majority of folks approve.

Reverend Blair said:
BTW, since it's a crime when are you going to insist that George Bush get's charged? He took an oath of office after all, and he's been lying about everything ever since.

The President does not lie. He sticks to his convictions and never backtracks on his word.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
No such thing. As a law abiding person I do not engage in illegal drug activity. I do have the er... occasional whisky or two ...or three ... but not illegal drugs.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
hmmmm ... I see, Rev. I see clear enough to realize that someone's been smoking something ... and it ain't me! Tsk tsk, you should be ashamed ... setting a bad example for our kids. I'll stick with my Cutty Sark, ... a few glasses after dinner hits the spot.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Now that I think back on what's been done in the past, yes having a few glasses of whiskey with my friends was nice, but alcohol consumption occasionally ended up with crying, fighting, acting retarted, or "D" all of the above.

At least when they had weed, I never had to go through that. I haven't seen the effects of Reefer madness yet.
:-D