Judge Has No Business to Outlaw Pledge in Schools

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Judge Has No Business

Actually the key source for the Constitution was James Madison's brain. That brain belonged to a Deist, not to a Christian. We know that because Madison said so himself.

They used the Bible because it was a source that was accessible to everybody and because they considered the philophy of Jesus important, although most of the founding fathers doubted that he was a god.

We know that because they said so.

Notice though, that it was the philosophy of Jesus, not the fire and brimstone, vengeful god of the Old Testament that they considered important.

In short, they used the Bible as reference much as a person today might reference Ghandi or Hunter Thompson.

Give it up, James. I've referred to the Bible myself, and I don't believe in a god at all, not even the vague, naturistic Deist version.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I don't know if you can fathom this James, but your God is a construct of men bent on world domination...it is a vessel by which to keep the ignorant and disentitled masses in line...and while I'm certain that it far exceeded even their greedy expectations, you've fallen for the ruse, so what's that say about you, I wonder?

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
Both countries, Canada and the USA have God intertwined in their Government Insitiutions.

!. US-IN GOD WE TRUST on the Money.

2. CDN-ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA (By the grace of God, Queen)

3. US-Pledge of Allegiance-ONE NATION UNDER GOD

4. CDN-GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

5. US-Oath of Office MAY contain the words-SO HELP ME GOD while taken on a Bible or other Book of Faith.

6. CDN-Oath are extracted in the same manner.

&. CDN-The Queen still heads up the Anglican Church.

Both Countries recognize no set Religions and have Freedom of worship.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Judge Has No Business to Outlaw Pledge in Schools

Martin Le Acadien said:
Both countries, Canada and the USA have God intertwined in their Government Insitiutions.

!. US-IN GOD WE TRUST on the Money.

2. CDN-ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA (By the grace of God, Queen)

3. US-Pledge of Allegiance-ONE NATION UNDER GOD

4. CDN-GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

5. US-Oath of Office MAY contain the words-SO HELP ME GOD while taken on a Bible or other Book of Faith.

6. CDN-Oath are extracted in the same manner.

&. CDN-The Queen still heads up the Anglican Church.

Both Countries recognize no set Religions and have Freedom of worship.

Real Good points Martin.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

You are still ignoring the fact that your founding fathers thought that radical Christians like you were nutbags, James. They spoke out against Christianity influencing the US government every chance they got. How do you reconcile that with your misguided assertions that the US is a Christian country?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Judge Has No Business

Reverend Blair said:
How do you reconcile that with your misguided assertions that the US is a Christian country?

Well, everywhere I drive around my city, I cannot go 2 minutes without passing by a church. Is that proof enough that we are a Christian based nation? Also, the fact that 80% of folks here citywide attend church is another indication.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

What about the other 20% in your city, Nascar Nero? What about the 40% in other cities? What the hell gives you the right to shove your beliefs down their throats? The men who founded your country, better men than you or your present leaders can ever hope to be, certainly did not give you that right.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Reverend Blair said:
What about the other 20% in your city, Nascar Nero? What about the 40% in other cities? What the hell gives you the right to shove your beliefs down their throats? The men who founded your country, better men than you or your present leaders can ever hope to be, certainly did not give you that right.

No one's being forced to attend church, Rev. Churches are there for those of us who have faith. There are missionaries that do encourage folks to attend church. However, being a free nation, everyone can make their own decisions.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

You want to base laws and government on your religious beliefs, James. That makes you unAmerican. It makes you anti-democratic.

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
Deism was really big in the late 1700's as an offshoot of Freemasonary. To be a Freemason one only has to acknowledge the existance of a Supreme Being, not an actual religious sect's belief.

The United States was founded whereas no OFFICIAL ESTABLISHED CHURCH OR RELIGION would be part of our Government. Every person was to have the freedom of worship and conscience in his or her own manner.

Does the words "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" establish a religion?

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

Nascar_James said:
Our 200 + years of history cannot simply be swept under the rug. Our identity as a Nation is based on our past history including our forefathers and the Declaration of Independance. It sure as hell takes precedence over some judge who thinks he can make his own rules.

Ah, James, you are mistaken. Ask the Pagans whose faith was MUCH older than 200 years, who had their history either co-opted by christians or "swept under the rug" as you put it. I does happen. And not always for the better, as in that situation.

In this case, separation of church and state is a good thing.

When I worked for the government and had to be sworn in (worked on the provincial budget), I was one of those people unwilling to swear on a bible and was able to swear an oath. Even the BC Provincial Government recognizes a promise made to what I see as a false god isn't going to be much of a promise in my eyes, and made accommodation for it.

Religion in schools is brainwashing. I wouldn't want my kid to be subject to it any more than you'd want your kids forced to participate in Wiccan rites.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Cosmo said:
In this case, separation of church and state is a good thing.

When I worked for the government and had to be sworn in (worked on the provincial budget), I was one of those people unwilling to swear on a bible and was able to swear an oath. Even the BC Provincial Government recognizes a promise made to what I see as a false god isn't going to be much of a promise in my eyes, and made accommodation for it.

Religion in schools is brainwashing. I wouldn't want my kid to be subject to it any more than you'd want your kids forced to participate in Wiccan rites.

I remember the good old days when going to school, Cosmo. I grew up in Montreal and back then schools were divided along religious lines. We had two main publically funded school boards, The Catholic School Board and the Protestant School Board. Everyone was happy with the religious based school boards. Then some idiots decided that it was better to re-do the school boards in Quebec and replace the Catholic/Protestant school boards with English and French school boards instead. So we went from religious based to language based school boards. Luckily I was able to go through high school in the old system (Montreal Catholic School Board). When I finished high school (about some 20 years ago, they still hadn't switched). The folks after me though got the raw end of the deal.