Jesus was black.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah. Done the same thing a few times myself. I once even started a question to a friend that went like, "Remember when I told you that ...........", he looked at me and said that he was the one that told me about whatever it was. lol

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
the Mandylion of Edessa -- earliest known portrait of Jesus shows Him to be of dark brown/brass color:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
It is one of a number of holy images ‘not made by human hands’ whose origins are obscured in legends of the early Christian East.

or so your link says ...

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
lol According to the experts and Jesus himself, he was your god, so that would mean that if your Yahweh is a woman then Jesus (aka Yeshua) must have been a transgender. So what's this woman's address anyway? I wouldn't mind having a chat with her about these dysfunctional bodies we have to suffer with in old age and the like. I would have made teeth out of a good quality stainless steel or something less likely to rot, skin with kevlar like qualities, titanium bones, etc.

You lost me when you said "he was your god". I don't think I've specified.

Hey Zeus must have been transgender and perhaps the greeks were right about a lot of stuff - but we already agreed that Jesus is male.

I don't think it matters what the teeth are made of. Make them out of gold like the Iraqi culture, that still doesn't make them authentic.

So go ahead and claim that Jesus was male ... not all the religious figures can be male - obviously! That would obviously be absurdly chauvenistic. You can have jesus as male cuz it would just be bad form him to be a female in drag given the number of Christian follwerers. It would be better to assume that all those Christian followers were wrong about God's gender. Come to think of it, Mohammed and all those other Rebecca descendants are probabky confused about the Lord's gender too ... heavens to betsy, what will Sadam think. Oh yah, he's dead.

Lithp

Electoral Member
Mar 16, 2005
Well, if there is evidence that George Washington existed there is evidence that Jesus existed.. Which is why I made that ludacris remark that there is no evidence George Washington existed.
But still....did you personally remove his wooden teeth? Or is it faith that makes you believe they are genuine? What about his house? Were you there when he lived in it? Or is it faith? Sure lots of books and writings were made by and about Washington.
Same with Jesus.
Face it you weren't there when Washington was around. Everything you believe about him is pure faith- trust in the fact that you are not being lied to. In reality you really can't prove a single thing about Wahington's existence.
Just because it is thousands of years ago that Jesus was on earth instead of hundreds like Washington doesn't make it less true.
THere is no proof Jesus existed? Well what about that 33 year period where hundreds of thousands of people looked on Him with their own eyes?
Cmon man. He walked around the earth for DECADES. YOur calendar is based on his existence.
The holocaust. Did it really happen or no? That is less than a hundred years ago. Is it true or a lie? Were you there? Many people deny it. So did it happen? How do you really know?
I know, I know. Based on that logic how can I really know if Jesus was on earth.The answer- faith. Just like George Washington.
I wonder if he believed in the existence of Jesus?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
There's no definitive evidence that "Jesus" even existed let alone whether he was black, green, orange with purple polka dots, or what. :)

nothing definitive, but plenty of good circumstantial evidence. several versions of his life story were written down, admittedly hundreds ofyears after, when it began to appear just how important he was, but I have always believed there WAS a jesus and he was PROBABLY a man, POSSIBLY the son of God, and DEFINATELY not from san fransisco.

I think I would have liked him.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
the Mandylion of Edessa -- earliest known portrait of Jesus shows Him to be of dark brown/brass color:

Most unlikely. Joshua bar-Jonah was not only of Jewish descent, he was also Aramaic.Though we lack a defined physical listing of what Jesus looked like, we can infer that he would not look any different from His human roots. In other words, certainly Jewish looking(unlike the European pictures painted of Him in The Middle Ages), and certainly not negroid and/or black.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
It is one of a number of holy images ‘not made by human hands’ whose origins are obscured in legends of the early Christian East.

or so your link says ...
Yup, that's what they claim. Whether it's based on fact or not seems to be irrelevant to these people. I could just as well claim my old pair of shoes was made by Zeus and worn by Thor and then handed down to Isis and then to Brahma.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Gilbert
lol According to the experts and Jesus himself, he was your god, so that would mean that if your Yahweh is a woman then Jesus (aka Yeshua) must have been a transgender. So what's this woman's address anyway? I wouldn't mind having a chat with her about these dysfunctional bodies we have to suffer with in old age and the like. I would have made teeth out of a good quality stainless steel or something less likely to rot, skin with kevlar like qualities, titanium bones, etc.
You lost me when you said "he was your god". I don't think I've specified.

Hey Zeus must have been transgender and perhaps the greeks were right about a lot of stuff - but we already agreed that Jesus is male.

I don't think it matters what the teeth are made of. Make them out of gold like the Iraqi culture, that still doesn't make them authentic.

So go ahead and claim that Jesus was male ... not all the religious figures can be male - obviously! That would obviously be absurdly chauvenistic. You can have jesus as male cuz it would just be bad form him to be a female in drag given the number of Christian follwerers. It would be better to assume that all those Christian followers were wrong about God's gender. Come to think of it, Mohammed and all those other Rebecca descendants are probabky confused about the Lord's gender too ... heavens to betsy, what will Sadam think. Oh yah, he's dead.
Well, I'm relying on Sanctus' info (he's a priest), but your Jesus said he was Yahweh. According to the experts (various holy figures) Jesus (aka Yeshua) was Yahweh. So if your god is a woman, then that would make Jesus a transgender because he was male (again, according to the experts). It was a joke, anyway.
About the teeth, so you're claiming that the teeth aren't Geo Washington's teeth? I suggest you argue that with the various scientists who would disagree with you. Don't you read science journals, mags, etc.? Or do you think the entire scientific community is trying to pull a scam on you?
At any rate, this is all hypothetical because man made gods in his own image.
The desire for guidance, love, and support prompts men to form the social or moral conception of God.
- Albert Einstein