It's time to wake up, white America

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I've done 2, 4, 8, 9, and 10, though part of 9 included 1. My dad has been in 7 for 40+ years. Must be a family thing... Now the biggest danger I have in my routine work day is carpel tunnel, paper cuts, and insanity from sitting behind a computer and all the corporate bureaucracy (quality assurance and finance protocols mostly). I miss the dirt some days... :lol:
awww you live life on the edge now , tho the edge of a paper now a days. Pretty well rounded in your experience , my hats off to you :)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I've done 2, 4, 8, 9, and 10, though part of 9 included 1. My dad has been in 7 for 40+ years. Must be a family thing... Now the biggest danger I have in my routine work day is carpel tunnel, paper cuts, and insanity from sitting behind a computer and all the corporate bureaucracy (quality assurance and finance protocols mostly). I miss the dirt some days... :lol:

You deal with bureaucracy daily and you don't think you work in the dirt?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Dude, if you have a higher education, or tradesmen in the USA and can't find a job, them you're friggin idiot. Opportunity is around you, everywhere.. and sometimes you have to make your own opportunity.

That is why the USA is the great Capitalist country in the world.. Only lazy people can't find opportunity in the USA.

If he had the balls he would put that degree to work, move to Chicago, New York or Los Angeles and teach ESL to Mexicans. Maybe even start his own private ESL school.

Tired of hearing excuses..

Dude - there are always exceptions to every rule, assuming your spiel there constitutes one. As for me, I was the victim of a near fatal medical misdiagnosis from which I have never and will never recover. This, in part, explains why I never got as far in life as I'd like. As for my colleagues, like the maintenance in my building and the many thousands with multiple degrees working in cafes, they have their own stories. You need to refrain from sitting in judgment of these folks until you get to know their stories many of which, I'm sure, should be of considerable interest to some.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The whole principal of support for the officer to the view of education all of this is
based on generalization, cliche's, and embittered ignorance.
I see the pictures the vast majority are middle aged or younger retired whites with
sober faces not sour just damn unfriendly How is that for a generalization?
Then we have this moral conservative agenda. That agenda assumes that the views
expressed by these people are the only morals of any value and anyone else should
not be heard. How does one come to that conclusion, they unlike most people want
to entrench their moral view into the law of the land.. When you stand back and look
its the same moral conservative agenda as the Muslims Radicals. they don't want
an open thinking society either.
It's assumed if you have a trade or an education you will find work and you are just lazy
Another generalization. there are all kinds of reason people can't find work who have an
education and training. Some are subject to discrimination for a variety of reasons in
their community, others have depression problems and other dysfunctions and some
just don't fit in. there are some who are lazy but they are not the majority.
We do our best to label people by ethnicity, color, gender, political affiliation, religion,
person look (fat skinny short tall handicapped and the list goes on) all of these factors
are mental prison cells for some.
If you look at the pictures of these people they all looked discontented they are the kind
of people I would avoid therefore I likely don't understand their opinion either. The biggest
problem is we have to get off each others back and stop generalizing and or making
excuses for one group or another.
I think we all need a thirty day psychiatric exam. If these issues drive our very core belief
system we have all slipped over the edge.
Why do I not relate to any of this obvious nonsense about race and them and us? One
reason is I have a wide variety of friends and most are not white, some are religious some
are not, some are gay some are straight.
People are the ways they are to some degree because of the influences they had growing up.
I say some because, just because a parent or neighbor was a drunk does not mean you will
be and so on. We can control our own destiny if we have the inner strength and tools to
overcome our disadvantages in life and that is what life is about. If we get into little treadmills
of whites or blacks or whatever and we run in little circles what happens when someone forgets
to feed the hamsters?