It's Official - Sidney Crosby's an Idiot

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Linden was a different man, not an immigrant. It is very difficult for someone who doesn't speak
english to come and fit in immediately, that is why bure and odjeck, (sp?) ended up as best buddies.
They both were minorities, they both had difficulty with the language, and although linden was a
fantastic guy, the obvious golden boy that all of vancouver loved, bure was a quieter person, who
wasn't totally comfortable in the public eye, kept more to himself.

how does that make him a lesser man, he thrilled the fans, he was nothing like anyone the canucks
had ever seen, he was a true super star, talent coming out of his pores, he loved the game just as
much as linden, he was spicy, and yes, he left the team, but the undercurrent of the reason for him
leaving was pat quinn who had stepped away from a deal, and wouldn't honor his promise and
bure had no respect for that, and asked to be moved.

they were both good men, most hockey players are very good men, humble, polite and very aware of
where they came from, and they don't forget to look back and help out.

I hear you Talloola, Linden has always been a favourite of mine, I've just always felt he edged Bure on work ethic.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I hear you Talloola, Linden has always been a favourite of mine, I've just always felt he edged Bure on work ethic.

If linden didn't have the work ethic he did, he would have been an average player, bure got much more
done in the way of points, and flash and dash, and speed, 'not' having to be that constant working
type player, he was an offensive threat every time he stepped on the ice, always ready for the race
down the ice, and he was also a very brave and tough player, who was targeted by other teams, and
always ready to target back, his eyes flashed as he roared around the ice, he was always in high
gear, not a floater ever, but always ready for that pass that would send him away.
I like linden just like everyone else did, but he wasn't a super star, he was
the worker, he was big, he took care of business in his own way.