Israel threatens 'disproportionate' response to Hamas rocket fire

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Israel threatens disproportionate response??????

What the hell have Israel been doing for the last 60 years with the help and blessings of the U.S.? Israel has been armed to the teeth by the U.S. just about since day one. The topic statement is a sick joke..

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
And if the six Arab nations that now profess to so love them had NOT attacked Israel.....they might still have some of it.

Still propagating pro-ethnic cleansing myths?

Palestinians are just people who had the misfortune of living on land Zionists claim God gave to the Jews. For that, they've suffered horrendous atrocities for more than 60 years and been screwed by everyone:

1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of massacres during the 1948 Palestine war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...a critical fact often omitted when the history is presented and this leads to a very distorted view of what happened in 1948. The misleading story often told is that "Jews declared Israel and then they were attacked."

The fact is from November 1947 to May 1948 the Zionists were already on the offensive and had already attacked Arabs. In the months before Israel was declared, the Zionists had driven 300,000 non-Jews off their land. In the months before Israel was declared, the Zionists had seized land beyond the proposed Jewish State...

..."The Zionists were by far the more powerful and better organized force, and by May 1948, when the state of Israel was formally established, about 300,000 Palestinians already had been expelled from their homes or had fled the fighting, and the Zionists controlled a region well beyond the area of the original Jewish state that had been proposed by the UN. Now it's then that Israel was attacked by its neighbors - in May 1948; it's then, after the Zionists had taken control of this much larger part of the region and hundreds of thousands of civilians had been forced out, not before."...

p132 Understanding Power: The Indispensable Chomsky

History of Israel: 1947 UN Partition Proposal

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Israel threatens disproportionate response??????

What the hell have Israel been doing for the last 60 years with the help and blessings of the U.S.? Israel has been armed to the teeth by the U.S. just about since day one. The topic statement is a sick joke..

Side note, I dont' recall them saying other responses have been proportionate (maybe they have, I haven't looked for such statements to be honest)

But no one uses proportionate response unless they are looking to cause suffering. When police got to take someone down with a knife, the police do not put down their guns and tasers, draw a knife and go fight 1 on 1 until the guy goes down.

When militaries go to war, they launch overwhelming assaults, they don't send people into an evenly matched meatgrinder.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
:smile:

What I said is that Israel initially denied using WP in Gaza. Later they admitted they were using WP but in accordance with international law:

But the photo of the school above proves Israel illegally dropped WP on civilians. Once might have been an accident. But there are literally dozens of examples of Israel using WP against civilian targets.

Your own "denial" just says "Im not getting into operational details, but we don't use anything against international law"

That hasn't been contradicted. They don't hold they arent using WP illegally, and they haven't been proven to show they are.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Still propagating pro-ethnic cleansing myths?

Palestinians are just people who had the misfortune of living on land Zionists claim God gave to the Jews. For that, they've suffered horrendous atrocities for more than 60 years and been screwed by everyone:

1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of massacres during the 1948 Palestine war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[/b]

Well now, I don't doubt for a minute that Israelis were pushing Arabs off their land, I also don't doubt some simply fled.........something over 800,000 of them in total, at the end.

I also know Israel was simply not viable under the partition plan. It was so convoluted a territory that defence would have been impossible. And, despite your claim that Arab countries only attacked after Jews were stealing land, every single Arab nation bordering Israel voted at the UN against partition, and the Arab League voiced very clearly it's threats not to accept a Jewish homeland in Palestine..........guess what? The Jews knew war was coming, and took steps to ensure their success. Moral? No. Smart? Yes.

I also want to point out that after the 1948 war, and the humiliation of the Arab nations, those same nations threw out all their Jews, killing some, seizing property and assets, hope to drown the pitiful new state of Israel in refugees. They threw out....about 800,000 Jews. So 800,000 Arabs disposessed, 800,000 Jews disposessed, give or take.....

So, let's call it even. And, seeing as Jews were robbed, and Israel had to asorb them and their descendents (which they did)....let's say any compensation to Palestinians or their descendents as a result of the 1948 war.....let's say the Arabs can pay it (as they have done NOTHING for their people).....seems fair.

We'll call that one even.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
No Hamas is not likely to acquire nukes by themselves. Iran, however, is very likely to acquire nukes, Iran is the major supporter of arms and money to both Hezbollah and Hamas, both of which organizations claim as their aim the murder of all Jews, Iran wants Israel off the map, Iran would not want to risk retaliation from an obvious missile strike........are you following me here?

it is not paranoia when they really are out to get you.

Colpy's posts are manipulative, provably wrong and diversionary misinformation. In other words... BS.

Colpy can't defend Israel's war crimes and crimes against humanity so he moves the topic off in other directions.

But I'll deal with Colpy's BS:

Iran's leaders never made that statement about "wiping Israel off the map". That's neocon war mongering propaganda like Iraq's involvement in the events of 9/11 and their links to al Qaeda.

What Ahmadinejad said was " بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود " which translates to "The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)."

The statement regarding Zionist Israel was in the context of what happened to the USSR and Apartheid South Africa. He meant that Israel is doomed to collapse, not genocide.

War mongerers often misquote this one Ahmadinejad statement out of context as a way to misrepresent Iran and portray Israel as facing a mortal threat.

Here is what Ahmadinejad said in a direct challenge regarding this statement.

TIME: You have been quoted as saying Israel should be wiped off the map. Was that merely rhetoric, or do you mean it?

AHMADINEJAD: People in the world are free to think the way they wish. We do not insist they should change their views. Our position toward the Palestinian question is clear: we say that a nation has been displaced from its own land. Palestinian people are killed in their own lands, by those who are not original inhabitants, and they have come from far areas of the world and have occupied those homes. Our suggestion is that the 5 million Palestinian refugees come back to their homes, and then the entire people on those lands hold a referendum and choose their own system of government. This is a democratic and popular way. Do you have any other suggestions?

TIME: Do you believe the Jewish people have a right to their own state?
AHMADINEJAD: We do not oppose it. In any country in which the people are ready to vote for the Jews to come to power, it is up to them...

Koppel On Iran | Sponsored by The Discovery Channel - TIME.com

Regarding Iran's nuclear program:

Iran as a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), has a right to peaceful nuclear technology. Sanctions against Iran's nuclear energy program violate the NPT.

Nuclear energy and nuclear weapons are about as similar as beer and whisky. The process for making both is the same to a point.

Iran's nuclear program is closely monitored by the IAEA. Unless they have hidden facilities, they are no more capable of building nukes than Hamas. Iran's leaders have stated they are not interested in pursuing nuclear weapons. The known facts support their statements.

IAEA chief sees no evidence of Iran making nuclear weapons

Statements by the US and Israel about what Iran might be doing secretly remain unsubstantiated and are designed to manipulate and misinform in support of another war like the one against Iraq.

Propaganda like that spouted by Colpy was used to manipulate the American people into supporting an unprovoked war which has killed about a million people.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Meanwhile, the ICC is doing a preliminary analysis to see if they have jurisdiction in Gaza and as a result can charge Israelis with war crimes.
Gaza war crimes probe mulled - International Herald Tribune

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I agree with your statements about Iran but that isn't the same as Hamas a known terrorist group.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Or about 100,000... but 1 Million sounds better.

Does 100,000 sound good?

What is the truth?

Do you know?

You use this number quite a bit Eagle like it's true, are you better than those that use the other extreme?

What are the real numbers?

Do you care?

Do you press your rep on what the facts are?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Why would the Arabs run? Could it be that Israelis were lining up Arabs and shooting them? Deir Yassin is probably the most famous or infamous massacre carried out by Israeli terrorists on unarmed civilians. There were enough of these massacres to cause the Arabs to flee for their lives. The Jews were much better armed than all the Arabs put together. Right now they are about the fourth or fifth strongest military in the world.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Blockading international food and medical aid is a crime against humanity. Attacking humanitarian aid convoys are war crimes:

Any Israeli apologist want to repost their claims about the steps Israel takes to minimize civilian casualties?

I'm pretty sure at least one of those incidents turned out to be Hamas snipers shooting at the UN trucks.

I trust you are equally outraged at Hamas for stealing aid parcels from the populace. Have you signed the petition demanding Hamas be tried for war crimes?

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
So... They can be robbed of business, means and home; they can be threatened, demeaned, abused, beaten, battered and pounded into submission; they can be shipped off to ghettos and prisons for having done no more wrong than just being in the way of expansion ... but as long as there isn't mass death by starvation there is no crime committed?

Yeah, apparently everything you describe there is "just trauma". Trauma don't mean nuthin, according to what I've been taught in this thread.