Israel threatens 'disproportionate' response to Hamas rocket fire

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Once again, going back to what I already said about who started what and when.... at this stage, considering the entire history over there, who started what is irrelevant at this point.

It's not a matter of who started it. The rockets red glare is ongoing. The Gaza incursion's purpose was to stop the rockets, not to say "he started it".

Not to mention my comment was relating to the comparisons to the current situation, not the entire situation where you tally up an imaginary number that can not be confirmed with 100% accuracy, since most of the rocket reports claim no injuries and no damage.

OK so lets say it was six thousand, or five thousand, or even a "measly" four thousand. It's still excessive. Tell you what, why don't you brew up your favorite beverage, sit in your favorite chair, make yourself comfortable, and count from one to four thousand.

If there was no damage and no casualties..... where the hell are these rockets landing? In the Ocean?

And you ask if I'm kidding you? lol There's been lots of damage and lots of casualties. The fact that there haven't been more casualties is a testament to the Israeli's ability to organize themselves defensively with warning sirens and constructing bomb shelters in every building. There haven't been more casualties, because, as I stated in my previous post, Israeli's are planing their lives around being more than 15 seconds away from a bomb shelter as little as possible.

Hardly, if they're pointed at Israel and you can see Israel and the rockets are fired at Israel, you'd think most of them would hit something..... perhaps a road, or some ice box out in front of a hotel, or something..... but they mysteriously hit some black hole where they hit nothing, they have no photos or video..... nothing.

Again, are you kidding me? There's lots of photos and lots of videos. Eyes wide shut?

Well then I guess when you specifically target universities, UN compounds, schools, hospitals and the such, I suppose you're right that it's amazing how so few civilians were killed :roll:

Actually, it has come out that they actually didn't target that school that was all over the headlines in early January. Funny how the retraction gets no attention at all. Must be that zionist controlled media. :-?

By deliberatly targeting civilian compounds?

To kill civilians or kill militants that were shooting from those compunds? Huge difference. Funny thing about urban warfare....most battles do take place in civilian installations.

By using white phosphorous weapons in highly populated areas?

There is no evidence of that. If I recall correctly, even the highly
palestinian favouring HRW admitted such.

By Israeli officials telling Gaza civilians to stay inside a paticular compound because they will be attacking soon, then they shell the hell out of the building they told them to stay in?

Really? Did that happen?

You need to get better informed..... it did happen and it will happen again.

Maybe so, but it doesn't look like you're going to be my informant. :p

I thought so too.... thanks for playing.

Pleasure.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Return to Basics: Grad Rocket Attack on Ashkelon - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News
Not for the first time since the "ceasefire" with Hamas terrorists went into effect two weeks ago, Western Negev residents awoke at around 7:00 a.m. to the wail of the Color Red incoming missile alert siren as another attack was launched from the region.
Within seconds, a long-range Grad-type Katyusha rocket slammed into a residential center in the center of Ashkelon, landing between a group of buildings.
One woman was lightly injured in the attack, and three others suffered severe emotional trauma. They were evacuated to Barzilai Medical Center in the city by Magen David Adom medics who raced to the scene.
A city bus and several cars that were parked in the area were damaged in the attack. Windows in nearby buildings were shattered by the force of the blast.

Move along...nothing to see here but a mysterious black hole!

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
N
This has already been debated over and over again on what was said in translations, and when you look at all the details, most of the conversations have been directed towards' Israel's government..... I don't remember hearing any claims of threat directly towards the population of Israel.

So to claim those in Gaza and Iran want to genocide those in Israel is more baseless then the claims against Israel's well known and documented actions against Gaza and their (Israel's) neighbors and their civilians.

Actually it is pretty clear, they actually talk about the day of judgement (for which they will need 50 years to prepare) in which they will kill all jews, save those who hide behind the Gharqad (which is in hell to be clear, any who aren't dead will be killed), thats part of their covenant.

To be fair, Im pretty sure it only means immigrants and the descendants of immigrants as they have made several statements to that effect as well. That being the vast majority of Israels population (their view of immigrants goes back a few hundred years, for Jews not Arabs needing the right of return), I don't really think thats feasible.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
It's not a matter of who started it. The rockets red glare is ongoing. The Gaza incursion's purpose was to stop the rockets, not to say "he started it".

So then their entire mission was a failure and all those civilians killed was for nothing.... good to know.

OK so lets say it was six thousand, or five thousand, or even a "measly" four thousand. It's still excessive. Tell you what, why don't you brew up your favorite beverage, sit in your favorite chair, make yourself comfortable, and count from one to four thousand.

Based on how many years again? Shall we start tallying up the number of bullets, missiles, thank shells, cluster bombs, white Phos. bombs and the sort that Israel has used over that same period of time?

I think you'd find the numbers sway towards Israel in that same logic..... therefore isn't much of an argument.

And you ask if I'm kidding you? lol There's been lots of damage and lots of casualties. The fact that there haven't been more casualties is a testament to the Israeli's ability to organize themselves defensively with warning sirens and constructing bomb shelters in every building. There haven't been more casualties, because, as I stated in my previous post, Israeli's are planing their lives around being more than 15 seconds away from a bomb shelter as little as possible.

Funny I thought you were talking about the casualties in Gaza which are a hell of a lot more.... but I guess they don't matter because they're not human.... just lowly terrorists.

Again, are you kidding me? There's lots of photos and lots of videos. Eyes wide shut?

No, I have seen photos and videos of rocket launches during conflicts, yet every source you or anybody else has ever provided outside of the conflicts never shows any photos or video of the impact zones, other then stock footage. In fact, not too long ago someone (maybe it was you, I can't remember) supplied a few links to these types of reports.... one was about a mortar attack..... and they showed a spent rocket.... another was a rocket attack and they showed a spent mortar round. In both cases, the photos were clearly marked "Stock"

All the other reports were just text and nothing else...... so where's the beef?

Actually, it has come out that they actually didn't target that school that was all over the headlines in early January. Funny how the retraction gets no attention at all. Must be that zionist controlled media. :-?

Funny, I never heard of this.... and since they claimed they targeted those compounds because of "attacks from those locations" ~ Then suddenly, as you said, retract those claims..... that shows they lie their ass off to cover their own asses.

To be honest, I don't trust a thing the Israeli government says anymore then I trust what Hamas says. What I do trust are independant reports, reporters on the ground witnessing it and showing the video of what they see, and I trust what the civilians have to say..... they're there.... we are not.

To kill civilians or kill militants that were shooting from those compunds? Huge difference. Funny thing about urban warfare....most battles do take place in civilian installations.

Once again.... where's the proof?

I could shell the hell out of an entire city block, so long as I claim there was one gunman.... and that's enough justification?

There is no evidence of that. If I recall correctly, even the highly
palestinian favouring HRW admitted such.

Once again, are you kidding me?

They showed civilians in the hospitals wrapped up and being treated from burns specifically made by those types of weapons.... they even shown still smoldering chunks from the weapons still laying in the streets that burned for days.

Here.... fill your boots:

Israel 'using white phosphorus'
Israel 'using white phosphorus'

Group accuses Israel of firing white phosphorus into Gaza
Group accuses Israel of firing white phosphorus into Gaza - CNN.com

^ See that cluster of burning things heading towards the ground? Guess what that is?

Israeli use of white phosphorus a war crime: Amnesty
Israeli use of white phosphorus a war crime: Amnesty

Israel admits using white phosphorus
Green Left - LEBANON: Israel admits using white phosphorus
^ And this was during the Lebanon war.... when they also used Cluster Bombs.

The pale blue 155mm rounds are clearly marked with the designation M825A1, an American-made white phosphorus munition
Gaza victims' burns increase concern over phosphorus
Gaza victims' burns increase concern over phosphorus - Times Online

Evidence of white phosphorus use on Gazan civilians (Video)
Evidence of white phosphorus use on Gazan civilians | International Solidarity Movement

^ Video showing injuries consistent with the use of white phosphorus shells has been filmed inside hospitals treating Palestinian wounded in Gaza City.

Contact with the shell remnants causes severe burns, sometimes burning the skin to the bone, consistent with descriptions by Ahmed Almi, an Egyptian doctor at the al-Nasser hospital in Khan Younis.

Almi said the entire body of one victim was burned within an hour. It was the first time he had seen the effects of what he called a “chemical weapon”.

Want some more?

Sure:

UN pictures show what appears to be white phosphorus 'wedges' raining down on one of its compounds in Gaza.
UN pictures show what appears to be white phosphorus 'wedges' raining down on one of its compounds in Gaza. on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

No Evidence?

Next time look some of this up and get educated on what's actually happening.

Really? Did that happen?

Jesus, you really didn't pay any attention to what happened did you?

Israel 'shelled civilian shelter'
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel 'shelled civilian shelter'

.....The OCHA report said: "According to several testimonies, on 4 January Israeli foot soldiers evacuated approximately 110 Palestinians into a single-residence house in Zeitoun (half of whom were children) warning them to stay indoors.

"Twenty-four hours later, Israeli forces shelled the home repeatedly, killing approximately 30."

The UN said those who survived were able walked 2km to the main north-south road to be transported to hospital in civilian vehicles.
"Three children, the youngest of whom was five months old, died upon arrival at the hospital," the report said......

Maybe so, but it doesn't look like you're going to be my informant. :p

I just did.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Return to Basics: Grad Rocket Attack on Ashkelon - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News
Not for the first time since the "ceasefire" with Hamas terrorists went into effect two weeks ago, Western Negev residents awoke at around 7:00 a.m. to the wail of the Color Red incoming missile alert siren as another attack was launched from the region.
Within seconds, a long-range Grad-type Katyusha rocket slammed into a residential center in the center of Ashkelon, landing between a group of buildings.
One woman was lightly injured in the attack, and three others suffered severe emotional trauma. They were evacuated to Barzilai Medical Center in the city by Magen David Adom medics who raced to the scene.
A city bus and several cars that were parked in the area were damaged in the attack. Windows in nearby buildings were shattered by the force of the blast.

Move along...nothing to see here but a mysterious black hole!

Well finally, something with some evidence..... severe emotional trauma?

Oh geez.... :roll: If that's the worst of their problems, go tell it to those who actually lost entire families in Gaza... tell it to this woman who was injured.

And considering this occured after Israel continued their attacks after the ceasefire, I don't see this as much of a defense.

Moving on indeed.....

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Hot off the press even as we speak....

(IsraelNN.com) The Color Red air raid alert was sounded around 7:05 Tuesday morning in Ashkelon and the vicinity.

No other information is available at this time.
Color Red Sounded in Ashkelon - News Briefs - Israel National News

Move along, nothing to see here but a mysterious black hole (and Israeli's scrambling for the nearest shelter)

Yeah, what a pitty... running off to shelters from a situation Israeli officals keep fueling with equal action.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Actually it is pretty clear, they actually talk about the day of judgement (for which they will need 50 years to prepare) in which they will kill all jews, save those who hide behind the Gharqad (which is in hell to be clear, any who aren't dead will be killed), thats part of their covenant.

Source?

You show me yours, I'll show you mine.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
So then their entire mission was a failure and all those civilians killed was for nothing.... good to know.
Very possibly, yes. Once again they bowed to international pressure and left the job unfinished.
I think you'd find the numbers sway towards Israel in that same logic..... therefore isn't much of an argument.
That's why we keep saying stop shooting rockets at Israel....it's suicidal.
Funny, I never heard of this....
Exactly.
Then suddenly, as you said, retract those claims..... that shows they lie their ass off to cover their own asses.
No, they didn't retract their claims, the UNRWA guy retracted his claims. Israel claimed all along that they fired at militants NEAR the compound. Turns out that was correct.
Once again.... where's the proof?
You need proof that urban warfare takes place in civilian installations? Take a look around. Go to any city. How many "desginated battlefield area" signs do you see?
I could shell the hell out of an entire city block, so long as I claim there was one gunman.... and that's enough justification?
That pretty much describes war. That's why one should avoid war. That's why one shouldn't fire rockets at one's neighbor. War is hell, have you heard?
Next time look some of this up and get educated on what's actually happening.
Thanks. I was thinking of the Red Cross report that stated the phosphorous was not used illegally, not that it wasn't used.
And considering this occured after Israel continued their attacks after the ceasefire, I don't see this as much of a defense.
This has been occuring for almost a decade now, and in ernest in the past three years. But nevermind that, it's only Jews.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Word about what's been going on in Gaza is starting to spread throughout the US. Take a look at this news item:

What happened in Gaza? Southside Pride

No I didn't write it, but it sure looks familar...

Also stories about Israel using Palestinians directly as human shields are beginning to make the news. For example this story:

McClatchy Washington Bureau | 02/02/2009 | Gazans say Israeli troops forced them into battle zones

Even Israeli war veterans have expressed shock and outrage regarding Israel's recent war crimes in Gaza:

Israeli Veteran: Gaza Attacks Marked My Military's Moral Low | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Benjamin Netanyahu said today the government made a serious mistake when it disengaged in Gaza before Hamas was destroyed, and promised, if elected, to rejoin the fight and not withdraw until Hamas is no longer a power in Gaza.

Netanyahu is the front runner in the current election.

Gaza is in for it.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I'm inclined to agree with you Colpy. The people of Gaza aren't finished suffering yet. More Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity are on the way.

I wonder how much longer Americans will tolerate their tax dollars being used to drop white phosphorus on schoolchildren?

January 24, 2009

Israel admits using white phosphorous in attacks on Gaza

(Mohammed Abed/AFP/Getty Images)
eao: notice the basketball net in the middle of the school playground...

The incident being investigated is believed to be the firing of white phosphorous shells at a UN school in Beit Lahiya on January 17

...After weeks of denying that it used white phosphorus in the heavily populated Gaza Strip, Israel finally admitted yesterday that the weapon was deployed in its offensive.

The army’s use of white phosphorus – which makes a distinctive shellburst of dozens of smoke trails – was reported first by The Times on January 5, when it was strenuously denied by the army. Now, in the face of mounting evidence and international outcry, Israel has been forced to backtrack on that initial denial. ...

...The incident in question is thought to be the firing of phosphorus shells at a UN school in Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip on January 17....

...The Ministry of Defence gave lawyers the task before the attack of investigating the legal consequences of deploying white phosphorus – commonly stocked in Nato arsenals and used by US and British forces in Iraq and Afghanistan – inside the Gaza Strip, home to 1.5 million Palestinians, and one of the most densely populated places in the world.

“From what I know, at least one month before it was used a legal team had been consulted on the implications,” an Israeli defence official said...

Israel admits using white phosphorous in attacks on Gaza - Times Online

The bolded part implies Israel had been planning to use white phosphorus in Gaza for some time.

Indisputable proof of Israeli war crimes:
YouTube - Indisputable proofs of Israel use of White Phosphorus in Gaza

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
This article from Human Rights Watch lists Israeli war crimes:

"The Incendiary IDF" by Kenneth Roth
The Israel Defense Forces use phosphorous shells--and forfeit credibility.

January 22, 2009

...the IDF's expansive definition of a military target. It attacked a range of civilian facilities, from government offices to police stations, on the theory that they all provided at least indirect support to Hamas militants. But by that theory, Hamas would have been entitled to target virtually any government building in Israel on the ground that its office workers indirectly supported the IDF. That would make a mockery of the distinction between civilians and combatants that lies at the heart of the laws of war,...

...The IDF's credibility probably took the biggest hit on the issue of its use of white phosphorous... ...Its use by the IDF in densely populated sections of Gaza violated the legal requirement to take all feasible precautions during military operations to avoid harming civilians...

...the IDF probably caused more civilian casualties with its use of 155 mm high-explosive artillery shells in Gaza. These weapons can injure civilians from blast and fragmentation over an area with a radius of as much as 300 meters. That's roughly the equivalent of taking three football fields, lining them end to end and then rotating them around the point of the shell's impact. In the densely populated residential areas of Gaza, where Human Rights Watch saw these shells used on Jan. 15, they can cause extensive civilian casualties...

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2009/01/22/incendiary-idf-kenneth-roth

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Israel never denied using white phosphorous in Gaza, it denied using it illegally. And it hasn't.

People seem to think there is a nice way to launch explosives at people. Oh no! Burns!, you know what high explosives and shrapnel does to people?

War kills people, thats the point of it. Thats why its bad.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Its legal to use WP as an obscurant or for illumination. But its use in urban and residential areas such as schools, commercial and residential areas is not legal.

...Israel appears to be using WP as an “obscurant” (a chemical used to hide military operations), a permissible use in principle under international humanitarian law (the laws of war). However, WP also has a significant, incidental, incendiary effect that can severely burn people and set structures, fields, and other civilian objects in the vicinity on fire. The potential for harm to civilians is magnified by Gaza’s high population density, among the highest in the world.

Human Rights Watch believes that the use of WP in densely populated areas of Gaza violates the requirement under international humanitarian law to take all feasible precautions to avoid civilian injury and loss of life. This concern is amplified given the technique evidenced in media photographs and viewed by Human Rights Watch researchers on January 9 of air-bursting WP projectiles, which spreads the burning wafers over a wider area, thereby increasing the likelihood of civilian casualties and damage to civilian objects...

Q & A on Israel’s Use of White Phosphorus in Gaza | Human Rights Watch

Both Israel and the US have both been accused of using WP illegally.

16 November 2005

US used white phosphorus in Iraq

Falluja suffered great damage during the offensive

US troops used white phosphorus as a weapon in last year's offensive in the Iraqi city of Falluja, the US has said.

A spokesman at the UK Ministry of Defence said the use of white phosphorus was permitted in battle in cases where there were no civilians near the target area.
But Professor Paul Rogers, of the University of Bradford's department of peace studies, said white phosphorus could be considered a chemical weapon if deliberately aimed at civilians. He told PM: "It is not counted under the chemical weapons convention in its normal use but, although it is a matter of legal niceties, it probably does fall into the category of chemical weapons if it is used for this kind of purpose directly against people."...

BBC NEWS | Middle East | US used white phosphorus in Iraq

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Israel never denied using white phosphorous in Gaza, it denied using it illegally. And it hasn't.

People seem to think there is a nice way to launch explosives at people. Oh no! Burns!, you know what high explosives and shrapnel does to people?

War kills people, thats the point of it. Thats why its bad.

International supreme court judge Zz has ruled that Phosphorus shelling was legal. Thank you for your verdict Zz.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Israel never denied using white phosphorous in Gaza, it denied using it illegally. And it hasn't...

That's not true:

ISRAEL-OPT: Israel denies using white phosphorus in Gaza

Photo: Iyad El Baba/UNICEF-oPt Israel is accused of using white phosphorous illegally but says it is using smoke screens containing phosphorus TEL AVIV, 15 January 2009 (IRIN) - A huge fire was raging in the compound of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNWRA) after it was hit by Israeli tank shells on 15 January.

UNWRA spokesperson Chris Gunness told reporters they cannot put out the fire because it is white phosphorus. There were some 700 people in the compound in immediate danger, he said.

Gunness said three of the five shells to hit the complex were white phosphorus bombs.

On 13 January Brig-Gen Avi Benayahu, chief spokesman for the Israel Defense Force (IDF), said that in its assault on Gaza Israel was using weapons in accordance with international treaties and conventions.

He denied Israel was using white phosphorus. ''I repeat Commander in Chief Ashkenazi’s words: The allegations of the IDF using WP [white phosphorus] are false.''

Palestinian medics in Gaza have reported treating patients for burns allegedly caused by white phosphorus.

IRIN Middle East | Middle East | Israel OPT | ISRAEL-OPT: Israel denies using white phosphorus in Gaza | Human Rights Conflict | News Item

Israeli army chief denies using white phosphorus in Gaza
www.chinaview.cn
2009-01-14 01:19:29
Print

JERUSALEM, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) -- Israel's military chief on Tuesday denied accusations that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) was using shells containing white phosphorus, local daily The Jerusalem Post reported.
Chief of General Staff Gabi Ashkenazi made the denial at a parliamentary committee in charge of foreign and defense affairs in responding to a query by a lawmaker who raised the issue amid spreading reports that the chemical was suspected in several cases of injuries in the Gaza Strip. "The IDF acts only in accordance with what is permitted by international law and does not use white phosphorus," Ashkenazi was quoted as saying....

Israeli army chief denies using white phosphorus in Gaza_English_Xinhua

Israel finally admitted it was using white phosphorus only after the evidence became overwhelming and further denials became pointless:

January 25, 2009 by The Sunday Times/UK

Israel Finally Admits Using White Phosphorous in Attacks on Gaza

by James Hider in Jerusalem and Sheera Frenkel in Gaza City

After weeks of denying that it used white phosphorus in the heavily populated Gaza Strip, Israel finally admitted yesterday that the weapon was deployed in its offensive.

Israel Finally Admits Using White Phosphorous in Attacks on Gaza | CommonDreams.org

Z your credibilty is about the same as Israel's. Your statements can't be taken seriously either. Using white phosphorus against schools and UN compounds are just a few examples of Israeli war crimes.

Israel's use of heavy artillery and white phosphorus in urban areas are both war crimes, because they demonstrate a general lack of concern regarding the safety of civilians.

Preventing the Red Cross from evacuating civilains and providing medical treatment is war crime:

Gaza: ICRC demands urgent access to wounded as Israeli army fails to assist wounded Palestinians

Geneva/Jerusalem/Tel Aviv (ICRC) - On the afternoon of 7 January, four Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) ambulances and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) managed to obtain access for the first time to several houses in the Zaytun neighbourhood of Gaza City that had been affected by Israeli shelling.

The ICRC had requested safe passage for ambulances to access this neighbourhood since 3 January but it only received permission to do so from the Israel Defense Forces during the afternoon of 7 January.

The ICRC/PRCS team found four small children next to their dead mothers in one of the houses. They were too weak to stand up on their own. One man was also found alive, too weak to stand up. In all there were at least 12 corpses lying on mattresses.

In another house, the ICRC/PRCS rescue team found 15 other survivors of this attack including several wounded. In yet another house, they found an additional three corpses. Israeli soldiers posted at a military position some 80 meters away from this house ordered the rescue team to leave the area which they refused to do. There were several other positions of the Israel Defense Forces nearby as well as two tanks.

"This is a shocking incident," said Pierre Wettach, the ICRC's head of delegation for Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories. "The Israeli military must have been aware of the situation but did not assist the wounded. Neither did they make it possible for us or the Palestine Red Crescent to assist the wounded."...

Gaza: ICRC demands urgent access to wounded as Israeli army fails to assist wounded Palestinians

Attacking ambulances and paramedics are war crimes:

Attacks on ambulance workers in Gaza

28 January 2009

Emergency medical rescue workers, including doctors, paramedics and ambulance drivers, have repeatedly come under fire from Israeli forces in the Gaza conflict while carrying out their duties.

At least seven of them have been killed and more than 20 injured while transporting or attempting to collect the wounded and the dead.

On 4 January 2009, an ambulance arrived about 15 minutes after a missile strike in Beit Lahiya that apparently targeted five unarmed young men. It was hit a few minutes later by a tank shell filled with flechettes (tiny metal darts packed 5-8,000 to a shell, which should never be used in civilian areas). Two paramedics were seriously wounded in the incident. One of them, Arafa Hani Abd-al-Dayam, later died. Amnesty International researchers later found that the wall beside where the ambulance had been was pierced by hundreds of darts.

On 4 January, three paramedics – Anas Fadhel Na’im, Yaser Kamal Shbeir, and Raf’at Abd al-‘Al – were killed in Gaza City as they walked through a small field on their way to rescue two wounded men in a nearby orchard. A 12-year-old boy, Omar Ahmad al-Barade’e, who was standing near his home indicating to the paramedics the place where the wounded were, was also killed in the same strike.

The remains of the missile that killed the three paramedics and the child read “guided missile, surface attack”, with the USA mentioned as the weapon’s country of provenance. The bodies of the four killed in the missile strike could not be removed for two days as the ambulance crews who tried to approach the site again came under fire from Israeli forces...

Gaza: Attacks on ambulance workers in Gaza

These Israeli war crimes were all paid for with US tax dollars.

A Conservative Estimate of Total Direct U.S. Aid to Israel: Almost $114 Billion

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
you keep cutting off the rest of their quotes: "Aren't using white phosphourous" illegally/as a weapon.

Even your own photo has the following:

Photo: Iyad El Baba/UNICEF-oPt [URL="http://www.irinnews.org/images//design/magnify.gif"] [/URL]Israel is accused of using white phosphorous illegally but says it is using smoke screens containing phosphorus TEL AVIV, 15 January 2009 (IRIN)

Further more,

On 13 January Brig-Gen Avi Benayahu, chief spokesman for the Israel Defense Force (IDF), said that in its assault on Gaza Israel was using weapons in accordance with international treaties and conventions.

Their denial is using white phosphorous as a chemical weapon (in which case the problem is the fumes not the fire) not about using WP in general.

This is the kind if deliberate misinformation (and shoddy at that) that you keep spouting. They didn't even make sure to fully reword their own article. They still left in references to Israels actual claim.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Blockading international food and medical aid is a crime against humanity. Attacking humanitarian aid convoys are war crimes:

Major UN agency suspends Gaza relief operations after Israeli strike kills driver

Palestinian children cower in fear during Israeli military offensive in Gaza

8 January 2009 – A United Nations agency that is a lifeline for 750,000 Palestinian refugees in Gaza suspended food delivery operations today after Israeli strikes killed one of its drivers and injured a second after they had received Israeli clearance on the 13th day of an offensive launched with the stated aim of ending Hamas militant rocket attacks into Israel.

The body of another UN worker killed in a bombing several days ago was found today and UN officials said the suspension would continue until they received adequate assurances from Israel that such incidents will not be repeated. The UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) said the clearly marked convoy carrying a UN flag and picking up supplies at the Erez crossing into Gaza had been coordinated with Israeli liaison officers who gave the green light. A second equally coordinated and marked UN medical convoy on its way to fetch the body of an UNRWA staffer killed in an earlier bombardment came under light arms fire in Gaza City...

Major UN agency suspends Gaza relief operations after Israeli strike kills driver

Any Israeli apologist want to repost their claims about the steps Israel takes to minimize civilian casualties?