Israel prepares to launch attack....

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Cradle of the apocalypse

TODAY The Sun brings you a chilling frontline report from deep inside the nuclear powderkeg of Iran.
Chief Foreign Correspondent Nick Parker and photographer Ray Collins secretly slipped into a country that is defying the world in its determination to develop nukes.

They found ordinary Iranians terrified at the prospect of fanatical president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad getting his hands on the bomb.

Our men also got close to the secret complex that has sparked world outrage — the uranium enrichment plant at Isfahan.

By NICK PARKER
Chief Foreign Correspondent

IN Iran's bleak and forbidding landscape Iranians fear their fanatical leader is plotting a nuclear apocalypse.

Yesterday I got within a mile of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s doomsday factory — and found a nation filled with dread.

In the capital Tehran, one woman shuddered at the prospect of the zealot getting his hands on a nuclear bomb.

The 35-year-old bookseller warned: “He could soon have his finger on a nuclear button.

“We all tell ourselves the unthinkable could never happen — and that he is not lying when he says Iran has no need of nuclear weapons.

“But how can we trust a man who has told the world he is on a mission from God?” A former soldier sipping tea in a café put it more bluntly.

The former lieutenant declared: “We fear we have elected a madman.”

The white-haired 55-year-old — a veteran of the bloody war with Iraq — said: “He won the election promising us better everyday lives.

“But now he seems obsessed with provoking America and the West.

“Many ordinary people are worried by his religious mania — he can’t wait for the apocalypse.”

Blacksmith’s son Ahmadinejad, 49, has declared Israel must be wiped off the map. He has told followers to prepare the way for the return of the revered “Hidden Prophet” — known as the Mahdi.

According to Islam, the Mahdi will bring justice to the whole world.

But he will not come back until the earth is rocked by a period of terror and catastrophe.

Many in Iran fear their president is out to cause just that.

He has already triggered global outrage by breaking UN seals on his uranium enrichment plant at Isfahan. Ahmadinejad claims Iran simply wants nuclear fuel.

But few believe him — even in his own country. A 19-year-old student, who asked not to be identified for fear of reprisals, said: "Ahmadinejad is a village idiot leading us like donkeys into his big fight with America."

"Most people here — especially young people like me — want to forget the past and build better relations with other nations.

“But we’re heading back to the dark ages now.”

Photographer Ray Collins and I got within a mile of the top secret Isfahan nuke base after sneaking into Iran as tourists.

Our driver was too terrified to take us all the way. He explained: “This is as far as anyone dare go. Any further and we might not come back.” In the distance the base’s stark 10ft high perimeter fence was clearly visible.

Troops regularly patrol the wasteland around the complex.

Yesterday grey unmarked trucks rumbled along the track leading to the plant, which is close to a peak called Shah Mohammad.

Our driver told us: “The nuclear base workers and its scientists never come into the local town.They live and work on the base. Its secrets stay behind the wire.”

The plant lies just six miles from the historic city of Isfahan — an architectural gem with glittering mosaic-covered mosques and minarets.

Its citizens are proud of their centuries-old record of religious tolerance. Armenian Christians and even a community of 3,000 Jews live in relative peace among the Muslim majority.

But these days, despite the smiles of conscript soldiers we spoke to, a tangible sense of foreboding grips the city.

One Jewish trader — a 50-year-old who gave his name as Isaac — said: “Our greatest fear is a strike on the nuclear plant by America or Israel.

“It could contaminate the whole city. Ahmadinejad is risking all our lives by taunting his enemies.”

Armenian Christian Vahick, 42, who runs a souvenir stall across the Zeyandeh river, said: “We all have much to fear from this man.

"An attack on the plant or an accident threatens every one of us. We are all in the frontline if his crazy words bring war to our door."

Muslim hotel boss Shah, 58, said: “A lot of people here are terrified by what Ahmadinejad is doing because the nuclear site is so close to the city.

“If his enemies bomb the place who knows what could be released into the air.”

Israel — which bombed Iraq's French-built Osirak nuclear reactor in 1981 — has already warned a similar strike on Iran may be ordered.

But destroying the nuke site will not be easy. Locals said much of it has been built deep underground to protect it from even the most powerful “bunker buster” bombs.

Experts fear Iran could develop a nuclear weapon within two years. That would leave the region at the mercy of a maniac who first paraded his fanaticism in a bizarre maiden speech to the UN General Assembly last September.

In it, Ahmadinejad appealed to God to “hasten the emergence of your last repository, the promised one, the perfect human being, the one that will fill this world with justice and peace.”

He later declared that he felt himself surrounded by a radiant light during his rambling address begging for the Mahdi’s return.

And in a video distributed two months later on an Iranian website, he said: “For 27 to 28 minutes all the leaders did not blink.

“It’s not an exaggeration because I was looking.”

In reality UN delegates had simply been left agog at his crackpot performance. Recently Ahmadinejad’s rantings have taken an ever more sinister twist.

When 108 people died last month on a military plane which crashed in Tehran, he gave a clue to the extent of his fanaticism. He said: “What is important is that they have shown the way to martyrdom which we must all follow.”

In Isfahan — which has seen its tourist trade plummet — hotelier Shah told how he feared for his family’s safety.

He said: “It is ironic that a place in Iran where Jewish people can live in peace is at the centre of this international crisis.

“We are praying to all our Gods that Ahmadinejad stops this madness.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006030123,00.html

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
#juan said:
Why does the world put up with this garbage? Iran agreed to have the I.A.E.C. monitor what they were doing. Israel has hundreds of nuclear weapons and they can't accept an internationally monitored reactor in Iran used for peaceful purposes? Hypocracy, plain and simple.

Exactly, but you have to understand that israel and usa don t have to respect international demands, since they are connected with god directly, that is the only way, i could understand it, cause there is no other reasonable way.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
That's nice logic there aeon. Might as well let everybody get nukes, that way nobody will feel left out. :?

If we want the world to get rid of their nuke, then everone else should do the same, otherwise, it is like be part of the right side(axis of good), or die.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Ok, let Iran and North Korea lead the way. Show the imperialist Americans their place.

Israel, with the U.S., have walked all over every common rule of decency and fair play. Accepted international law, the Geneva Convention, mean nothing to them. Even the UN charter that says a country cannot gain ground through war falls in the dust. The Palestinians have been living in a worse apartheidt than there ever was in South Africa. The refugee camps rival Hitler's camps. These are the biggest reasons for the attacks on 9/11. America's insane foreign policy brought on those attacks, just like the stupid invasion of Iraq has killed and maimed a terrible number Iraqi civilians as well as thousands of young Americans. How long will real Americans put up with this incompetence? It's anybody's guess.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
#juan said:

The refugee camps rival Hitler's camps.

I certainly hope you are kidding.

There are what, 2.8 million Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza?

Which Israel has occupied (more or less) since 1968.

37 years.

The Germans murdered 10 million in their camps in 5 years.

Were the refugee camps the same as German camps, there wouldn't be a Palestinian problem.

And, BTW, the population of these areas has grown immensely under Israeli control.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
aeon said:
I think not said:
Yep, can't argue with you on any point you made. You still haven't provided a reason for trusting North Korea and Iran with nukes.

I have questions for you, who has used those nukes before??

why would rumsfeld own compagny has sold nuclear technologie to north korean in the 90?

When was the last time, iran has gone to war with somebody else??

Not so fast, why can't you answer this question I posed? Because you can't?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
I think not said:
Yep, can't argue with you on any point you made. You still haven't provided a reason for trusting North Korea and Iran with nukes.

That question. And I have to jet.

That is why i asked you those questions

who has used those nukes before??

why would rumsfeld own compagny has sold nuclear technologie to north korean in 1999?

http://www.independent-media.tv/item.cfm?fmedia_id=627&fcategory_desc=North Korea

When was the last time, iran has gone to war with somebody else??

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You still haven't provided a reason for trusting North Korea and Iran with nukes.

What you really mean is that we shouldn't trust anyone but the U.S. and her closest allies with nuclear weapons even though it was the U.S. that spread 650 tons of DU over Iraq. DU is radioactive and has a half life of 40 odd thousand years. (That mess will probably outlive the U.S) Even though it was the U.S. that used the atomic bomb on Japan against the advice of her top generals.

It is none of your business what Iran does within her own borders. Iran does have an hostile neighbor(Israel)who would think nothing of blowing Iran off the map. Surely it is just as reasonable for Iran to have nukes as it is for Israel.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
#juan said:
What you really mean is that we shouldn't trust anyone but the U.S. and her closest allies with nuclear weapons even though it was the U.S. that spread 650 tons of DU over Iraq. DU is radioactive and has a half life of 40 odd thousand years. (That mess will probably outlive the U.S) Even though it was the U.S. that used the atomic bomb on Japan against the advice of her top generals.

It is none of your business what Iran does within her own borders. Iran does have an hostile neighbor(Israel)who would think nothing of blowing Iran off the map. Surely it is just as reasonable for Iran to have nukes as it is for Israel.

Finally someone who talks with real facts, congrats.

what you should understand though, is it doesnt matter if you really support terrorism or even have nukes(pakistan), as long as you are part of the axis of the good.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
#juan said:

Do me a favor #juan, never presume you know what I mean better than I do, at the very least it makes you look presumptious among other colorful metaphors I would rather not use.

#juan said:

It is every bit our business and Israels business, especially since Israel is being threatened, but keep on appeasing, that is in fact the leftist way.

Let the hate go #juan, your post carries more weight.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is no hate there ITN,

I stated facts. If my facts are wrong, tell me. I can be wrong. I was wrong once, back in 1957

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
And I agreed with everything you posted, although a couple of things I considered an exaggeration. Nevertheless, I don't see why you are of the opinion Iran carrying nukes doesn't present a problem. Israel hasn't denied nor admitted having nuclear weapons, however I think its safe to say they have them. They could of used them long ago against their enemies and haven't.

Appeasement of the idiotic west didn't even try to stop Hitler until it was too late. Iran won't be invaded, I don't believe, but their nuclear plants will be bombed back to the stone age.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
ITN

Iran won't be invaded, I don't believe, but their nuclear plants will be bombed back to the stone age

And you think that is okay? Iran is not threatening anyone just now, but we better destroy them before they do. No doubt Israel will use the latest DU bunker buster to do it and to hell with the consequences to the people and children down the road.