Is Vegetarianism/Veganism The New Religion in N.A.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
lol He's a sweetie, though.

And a really fast poster, too. lmao

:oops:

AnnaG. I seem to have read somewhere that you're an honest injun. So how do you view the quesiton of compassion towards animals? And what about Native Spirituality? Same as your own personal view, or also different?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I think people should have compassion towards ANY other living being. Or at least have respect for them. That is the traditional viewpoint. As far as gods and the likes go, I don't believe in them any more than any other god. However, each of the ones mentioned in my people's history, IMO, represents a part of the spirits in me. Hence, I have my Mudjekeewis spirit representing the part of me that deals with tradition and custom. It is the bear in me. Jiibayaabooz is the trickster, the coyote in me. And so on. It is all purely an internal thing. Basically I am just me categorizing parts of me. lol

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think people should have compassion towards ANY other living being. Or at least have respect for them. That is the traditional viewpoint. As far as gods and the likes go, I don't believe in them any more than any other god. However, each of the ones mentioned in my people's history, IMO, represents a part of the spirits in me. Hence, I have my Mudjekeewis spirit representing the part of me that deals with tradition and custom. It is the bear in me. Jiibayaabooz is the trickster, the coyote in me. And so on. It is all purely an internal thing. Basically I am just me categorizing parts of me. lol

Les...are you Les or Anna? 'Cuz that doesn't sound like you Les....maybe I'm
just tired.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Has nothing to do with religion. Some people just don't care for meat.

And there's not much wrong with that as long as people consume a substantial amount of fish, eggs, cheese and poultry. I think every food has some benefits with the possible exception of granulated sugar. Most of the food that vegans shun contain large amounts of protein and protein is needed for strength. A year ago my grand daughter was bordering on being a Vegan but she's moderated her views a bit and does eat some fish and cheese now. I think vegans/vegetarians could improve their health a bit if they'd do the vegetarian bit 5 days a week and eat normally for the other two.