Is this police brutallity?

AirIntake

Electoral Member
Mar 9, 2005
Why didn't they try pepper spray? I'm sure they had some.... pepper spray has already been proven safe.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
mrmom2 said:
Under your logic next time I get pulled over for speeding I should expect to get tazered :roll: Where are we living communist Russia? :p

If you provoke the officer in a way that questions your intent and motives then of course he should exercise caution and eliminate you as a threat. It is for his/her own good and yours.

Besides, in Russia you just pay out some rubbles and your troubles go away.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Just the Facts said:
AirIntake said:
Why didn't they try pepper spray? I'm sure they had some.... pepper spray has already been proven safe.

Good point.

I bet pepper spray and tazers are viewed on the same level. They are both non-lethal means of subduing a criminal who is resisting. This prevents the police to have to start a physical confrontation between themselves and the offending party. Of course the supposed criminal is going to feel very uncomfortable for a period.

I did not see the swing at the cop either as it was in the vehicle. If you listen she asked

"Why did you taze me!"

"Because you took a swing at my partner."

"I didn't take a swing at you."

"You swung at my partner I said."

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
DasFX said:
mrmom2 said:
Under your logic next time I get pulled over for speeding I should expect to get tazered :roll: Where are we living communist Russia? :p

If you provoke the officer in a way that questions your intent and motives then of course he should exercise caution and eliminate you as a threat. It is for his/her own good and yours.

Besides, in Russia you just pay out some rubbles and your troubles go away.

And in Mexico you pay out pesos or dollars. :lol:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
EagleSmack said:
Just the Facts said:
AirIntake said:

Good point.

I bet pepper spray and tazers are viewed on the same level. They are both non-lethal means of subduing a criminal who is resisting. This prevents the police to have to start a physical confrontation between themselves and the offending party. Of course the supposed criminal is going to feel very uncomfortable for a period.

I did not see the swing at the cop either as it was in the vehicle. If you listen she asked

"Why did you taze me!"

"Because you took a swing at my partner."

"I didn't take a swing at you."

"You swung at my partner I said."

I watched Modern Marvels on the History channel the other night. There is a new LETHAL weapon used for law enforcement.

ROTTEN FISH. A liquid disbursed in large crowds. Blech!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Is this police brutal

For some people tazers are lethal.......

Pepper spray gets on everybody.

Rotten fish? ick. Imagine the mess. Not just from the fish but from the crowds throwing up......

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yes.... I have heard of those stink bullets.

Bean bag bullets and wooden slugs are being used. The wood slugs are about the size of your fist. They won't kill you but they leave one heck of a mark.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Has anyone ever been killed by a tazer?

I would imagine it could damage someone with a heart problem. Any voltage puts stress on your heart.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Is this police brutal

There would be deaths with people using a pace maker...

There have been deaths of people high on drugs after being tasered...coroners can't say if it's the electricity (no residual) so it's not ruled as taser caused death....

It's a controversial weapon..that's for sure.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
This appears to be what Amnesty International documented in a November 2004 report on police use of tasers.

. . . far from being used to avoid lethal force, many US police agencies are deploying tasers as a routine force option to subdue non-compliant or disturbed individuals who do not pose a serious danger to themselves or others. In some departments, tasers have become the most prevalent force tool. They have been used against unruly schoolchildren; unarmed mentally disturbed or intoxicated individuals; suspects fleeing minor crime scenes and people who argue with police or fail to comply immediately with a command. . .