Is it necessary for cops to use lethal force against a guy with a knife?

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
You can rest assured that there will not be anybody threatening anybody with a knife for a long time!!

These are the kind of results we need, ones that the bad guys can understand and learn from easily !!

Darn Baboons just will not listen to you, Durry..

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Anyone care to attack this gentleman's qualifications?
Not me.

You can rest assured that there will not be anybody threatening anybody with a knife for a long time!!
Bullsh|t.

These are the kind of results we need, ones that the bad guys can understand and learn from easily !!
We? Speak for yourself.

Nothing sarcastic nor outlandish, just the cold hard reality!!
Again, bullsh|t. It's YOUR reality.
It's just too bad you (and a few others here) have been pampered all your lives and you can't face reality!!
Again, that's YOUR reality. Not everyone's a one-eyebrowed, no-neck, knuckle-dragging troglodyte.

Oh well, I guess we realists just have to keep carrying more than our fair share of the weight to keep this country safe and strong,*sigh* !!
lol Go right ahead.

I took courses in Crisis Management, Effective Communication, Handcuffing, and baton and edged weapon defence from this guy. He is VERY good, very bright, knows his stuff.
Good for him.

I think he could have said quite a bit more and probably did but the news team's content was edited.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The contrast could not be greater.

Montreal police spend a full day dealing with a demonstrably-violent mentally ill man who shot at them from a house with 180 guns; they finally subdue him with rubber bullets.

A Toronto police officer spends less than five minutes yelling at a potentially-violent mentally disturbed teenager armed with a paring knife; then shoots him nine times. While the other officers at the scene nonchalantly stroll past the bus door.

more

Cathie from Canada: Compare and contrast

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The contrast could not be greater.

Montreal police spend a full day dealing with a demonstrably-violent mentally ill man who shot at them from a house with 180 guns; they finally subdue him with rubber bullets.

A Toronto police officer spends less than five minutes yelling at a potentially-violent mentally disturbed teenager armed with a paring knife; then shoots him nine times. While the other officers at the scene nonchalantly stroll past the bus door.

more

Cathie from Canada: Compare and contrast
yes I wondered if someone would post this...level heads prevailed, what a contrast: win/win for the guy and the cops instead of lose/lose and having to live with killing another human being

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012