Is Fukushima About to Blow?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Maybe they didn't know who wanted to use the basement floors under their own reactor for some experiments? Looks like OSB got past their security, ....... AGAIN

OSB?

Oriented Strand Board?

Ontario Savings Bonds?

Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy?

Old Silly Bears?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
None of the above, I usually do my editing after I hit the post, habit I picked on on boards that used to disconnect after a certain time. Apparently sometimes I don't get that done fast enough.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
None of the above, I usually do my editing after I hit the post, habit I picked on on boards that used to disconnect after a certain time. Apparently sometimes I don't get that done fast enough.
So which is it? OBL or the Joos, behind the earthquake?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
In hindsight, that would be true. In foresight how do they maintain current levels of power production (before the quake) without nuclear power. If anybody is allowed to find an alternative it should be them just due to it being in their own best interest in the short and long terms.

Just because this looks like it might take some time I would like to ask this question. In keeping with the concept that 'sinister' does exist why are these 4 reactors all messed up while the 2 that were just a short distance away not damaged to any great degree (that I have heard). The same quake and the same wave would have hit them. They are probably the newest ones built so did they have some upgrades to them or did stuxnet infect those systems. that failed and had not been in the two reactors that were separated by some distance. That would put the hackers who made it responsible for all damages, watch Tokyo power up the amount of damages. It's like hitting a egg-laying chicken in Mexico, suddenly the dead bird become the most beloved member of the 'large family' when the Judge is the one who is listening.

Reactor units 5 and 6
Both reactors were off line at the time the earthquake struck (reactor 5 had been shut down on 3 January 2011 and reactor 6 on 14 August 2010), although they were still fueled, unlike reactor 4 where the fuel rods had been removed prior to the earthquake.[243]
Government spokesman Edano stated on 15 March that reactors 5 and 6 were being closely monitored, as cooling processes were not functioning well.[252][280] At 09:16 JST the removal of roof panels from reactor buildings 5 and 6 was being considered in order to allow any hydrogen build-up to escape.[2] At 21:00 on 15 March, water levels in unit 5 were reported to be 2 m above fuel rods, but were falling at a rate of 8 cm per hour.[2]
On 17 March, Unit 6 was reported to have operational diesel-generated power and this was to be used to power pumps in unit 5 to run the Make up Water Condensate System (MUWC) to supply more water.[2] Preparations were made to inject water into the reactor pressure vessel once external power could be restored to the plant, as water levels in the reactors were said to be declining.[2] It was estimated that grid power might be restored on 20 March through cables laid from a new temporary supply being constructed at units 1 and 2.[281]
Information provided to the IAEA indicated that storage pool temperatures at both units 5 and 6 remained steady around 60–68 °C between 19:00 JST 14 March and 21:00 JST 18 March, though rising slowly.[2] On 18 March reactor water levels remained around 2m above the top of fuel rods.[164][281] It was confirmed that panels had been removed from the roofs of units 5 and 6 to allow any hydrogen gas to escape.[2] At 04:22 on 19 March the second unit of emergency generator A for unit 6 was restarted which allowed operation of pump C of the residual heat removal system (RHR) in unit 5 to cool the spent fuel storage pool.[282] Later in the day pump B in unit 6 was also restarted to allow cooling of the spent fuel pool there.[2][283] Temperature at unit 5 pool decreased to 48 °C on 19 March 18:00 JST,[284] and 37 °C on 20 March when unit 6 pool temperature had fallen to 41 °C.[63] On 20 March NISA announced that both reactors had been returned to a condition of cold shutdown.[65] External power was partially restored to unit 5 via transformers at unit 6 connected to the Yonoromi power transmission line on 21 March.[65]
On 23 March, it was reported that the cooling pump at reactor No 5 stopped working when it was transferred from backup power to the grid supply.[285][286] This was repaired and the cooling restarted approximately 24 hours later. RHR cooling in unit 6 was switched to the permanent power supply on 25 March[287

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
And now, before you turn 13 and enter puberty, reread my post, which asked: why is it asking for trouble, since the earthquake didn't cause any damage to the plant?

You have that on good authority? Building a nuclear plant in an earthquake zone is tempting fate. Sooner or later you're gonna get burned.

TenPenny:1401534 said:
Would it not be better to avoid building a nuclear plant in a tsunami zone, since it was the tsunami that knocked out the diesels that caused the problem?
Sounds logical to me. That would cover most coastlines along the Pacific Ocean, including California.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well Gents. Japan "had" a 10m Tsunami wall protecting 60% of it's coastline. They never thought of the ground dropping by a couple meters during a quake. At Sundai this happened. If the ground had not have dropped, the wall would have stopped the wave.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So which is it? OBL or the Joos, behind the earthquake?
Security contracts, 9/11, their own nuclear plant (as that is the facility the virus came from) and Japan where they had the security contracts (apparently). Notice they were the first to voice that food was being banned, I believe it was Kosher Sushi. How it got started is irrelevant at this point for Japan, as for the safety of many in the future some actual changes might be in order. That is the financiers of all large projects, the collective known as the elite bankers. If their had been an uproar from the world community when Union Carbide gassed a whole bunch of people in India. Stockholder were happy to see the settlement and cleanup cost as little as possible, that hasn't changed except it is more blatant as it has gotten worse. The GOM being the last best example.

http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=604AB3FA803FF3647DF6E34EC5E8C8A0

Well Gents. Japan "had" a 10m Tsunami wall protecting 60% of it's coastline. They never thought of the ground dropping by a couple meters during a quake. At Sundai this happened. If the ground had not have dropped, the wall would have stopped the wave.
So the wave wasn't too tall, .... the shore was too short. There is something a little disturbing about that. I read one report that said they were only 20ft above sea level, before the drop. If that was the original design would an option have been move to ground that is 50 ft higher and scrap the wall altogether as part of the protection for the plant

On 23 March, it was reported that the cooling pump at reactor No 5 stopped working when it was transferred from backup power to the grid supply.[285][286] This was repaired and the cooling restarted approximately 24 hours later. RHR cooling in unit 6 was switched to the permanent power supply on 25 March[287
Thanks, not as safe as I thought. If any of the others go then all 6 are going to pop.
Going with stuxnet is that similar to what would happen, 24 hrs to restart a pump that is simply shut down for a few moments.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Going with stuxnet is that similar to what would happen, 24 hrs to restart a pump that is simply shut down for a few moments.

Hey I think Rhode Island has a town called Pawstuxnet.

Coincidence?

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Why would I move closer to California?
Oh right, Massechusetts. You're safe...for now.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So the wave wasn't too tall, .... the shore was too short. There is something a little disturbing about that. I read one report that said they were only 20ft above sea level, before the drop. If that was the original design would an option have been move to ground that is 50 ft higher and scrap the wall altogether as part of the protection for the plant
Yeah the island dropped on the east coast by as much as 2.5m which exacerbated the effects of the tsunami that much more.

The length of our day is altered. This quake effected the entire planet.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Something tells me that there are some people in here that are actually rooting for the worse case scenario.

Something tells me that they REALLY want a full scale meltdown and all of the crazy s*** that goes along with it.
Not sure about that however the fault is evenly split between Bush and Obama.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Three Raging Nuclear Meltdowns In Progress

Friday, 01 April 2011 07:43

'Japan's Prime Minister calls breach at nuclear plant "grave and serious". This means that there is uncontrolled release of radiation into the environment. The gravity of the situation is expected to far exceed the scale of Chernobyl.
According to Dr. Kaku, "If it goes to a full-scale evacuation of all personnel, it means that firefighters are no longer putting water onto the cores. That's the only thing preventing a full-scale meltdown at three reactor sites. Once they evacuate, then we past the point of no return. Meltdowns are inevitable at three reactor sites, leading to a tragedy far beyond that of Chernobyl, creating permanent dead zones in Japan".'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUCGhgH6pN4&feature=player_embedded

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sounds like it already has for you. I wonder how much we (you really, I've got other plans) could make picking up radiated bodies? Might as well do something useful and make a whole lot of money at the same time.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If there is cesium 137 being detected worldwide there is without any doubt a major ****ing probem.

Have a nice day! :)