Is a fetus a Human being?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
it boils down to this.....those that advocate abortion will forever refuse to acknowledge a "fetus" to be "human" as that would mean that they are advocating the killing of a baby. As long as the "fetus" is not "human" than they can justify in their minds the killing and the support thereof.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
And just a point for SJP. Pro-life is not a uniquely right-wing thing either. The religious left has sometimes opposed it too. Jimmy Carter opposed it and only backed off in the face of pressure.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
On a serious note, in Korea a person is considered 1 year old at birth.
I can see celebrating a 1 year anniversary after 3 months, but how do they arrive at a year at birth? Do Korean women hang onto their kids for an extra 3 months?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Good conception to you.
Good conception to you.
Good conception my dear friend.
Good conception to you.

Hmmm... nah, I think we'd have to scrap the Happy Birthday medoly and come up with another melody.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
There's a tune that Tegan and Sara sing that'd work I think. I can't remember the title, though.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If we changed it to Fornication Day we could have many new tunes. Might revive the music industry.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
You'd been conceived,
have since been received,
and have never been deceived,
just as we had always perceived.

Hmmm...

Still needs a bit of work.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"If we changed it to Fornication Day we could have many new tunes. Might revive the music industry."

:sex::tongue1::evil2:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Ultimately it is a person's right to decide things concerning their own body. We have societal standrads however, that demand that we take responsibilities for having that right; especially if it involves the welfare of other people.

OK, now we are starting to get somewhere, now if the last two words were changed to "other entities"?

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I was once nothing more than a twinkle in my father's eye. Now look what I've become.

When a sperm enters the egg we have the beginnings of a human being and a new life has begun to grow. Interrupting that life by abortion or other means is tentamount to murder, in my mind. The fetus is not viable at the early stages of pregnancy but it does have the potential to become a fully functioning human being. By terminating pregnancy at any stage you have tampered with the natural order of life.

Disclaimer: The above does not in any way, shape or form indicate any religious or political beliefs whatsoever. Misconstruing, twisting or otherwise misinterpreting the above will result in the harshest retaliation imaginable. :smile:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I was once nothing more than a twinkle in my father's eye. Now look what I've become.

When a sperm enters the egg we have the beginnings of a human being and a new life has begun to grow. Interrupting that life by abortion or other means is tentamount to murder, in my mind. The fetus is not viable at the early stages of pregnancy but it does have the potential to become a fully functioning human being. By terminating pregnancy at any stage you have tampered with the natural order of life.

Disclaimer: The above does not in any way, shape or form indicate any religious or political beliefs whatsoever. Misconstruing, twisting or otherwise misinterpreting the above will result in the harshest retaliation imaginable. :smile:

Nukes?