Iran's 'eye for an eye' justice

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is this 20 questions or are you going to just tell me what country you were referring to?
A Christian nation where bizarre things happen that are equally offensive as anything that comes out of Iran or any other Muzzie country. There are plenty of other countries just like this one.

Use Joogle and find out where these places are.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I knew that, the question was, what about it?

Why do you have such a serious issue with answering simple questions?

Actually you're right
Ya, I know.

A Christian nation where bizarre things happen that are equally offensive as anything that comes out of Iran or any other Muzzie country. There are plenty of other countries just like this one.

Use Joogle and find out where these places are.
Why the cryptic game petros? Having difficulty conjuring one up?

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
I knew that, the question was, what about it?

Why do you have such a serious issue with answering simple questions?

You're criticizing Islamic countries for it's immoral practices when we're not any better here in the west...

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not much of a difference between theocracy and the kind of government and ideology that runs North Korea. North Korea's head of state is a dead man. Kim Jong Il's official biography is riddled with mysticism and all things are thanks to him. Communism itself is practically a religion, but the North Koreans take it a step further.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
I wonder just how many Christian theological gov't run countries have similar practices, or practice hanging people by the neck, from cranes in full view of the public. Or believe in burying rape victims/adulteresses in the ground to their neck, and stoning them to death.

Anyone have the stats?

This isn't a critique of Islamic countries?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Conjuring? What's to conjure. No problem at all. I have one handy. It's even one Canada sends plenty of aid to. They even petitioned to be in NATO. It's one you supported supporting during a conflict a few years back.

Heck we even wrote their laws for them to ignore.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes there are all kind of things that go on in a lot of countries, and they are as evil as
each other. There is a difference however. The difference is the United States does
not have government issuing decrees to cut peoples faces etc. Those are done by
cults and religious groups who believe they are talking to God or Christ or some other
form of God.
The case in Iran is that the government's through the official court system has ordered
this. That makes the state officially barbaric.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Conjuring? What's to conjure. No problem at all. I have one handy. It's even one Canada sends plenty of aid to. They even petitioned to be in NATO. It's one you supported supporting during a conflict a few years back.

Heck we even wrote their laws for them to ignore.
Then by all means, feel free to name it.

It was a clear criticism of Islamic countries in an effort to make Christianity sound superior.
Do you know many Christian theological gov't run countries?

Petros am I crazy here?
You're crazy everywhere.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Yes there are all kind of things that go on in a lot of countries, and they are as evil as
each other. There is a difference however. The difference is the United States does
not have government issuing decrees to cut peoples faces etc. Those are done by
cults and religious groups who believe they are talking to God or Christ or some other
form of God.
The case in Iran is that the government's through the official court system has ordered
this. That makes the state officially barbaric.

The CIA has overthrown governments of foreign countries because it's in their best interests... and these puppet governments are brutal to the citizens of that country... what is worse??

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
OK, so everyone but me has universally agreed that this kind of thing is wrong. I know you all want to have this "Islam vs. West" debate for the 100th time, so should I not bother hoping someone will try to explore the real question further? I don't see anyone explaining why an "eye for an eye" attitude towards punishment in unjust.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That's practicality, not justice.
Isn't justice practical?

I really don't know how else to answer your question. I don't support capital punishment, and although I do support incarceration. the state of our penal system, makes incarceration an almost cruel and unjust punishment.

An eye for an eye, really is just vengeance. Justice would be better served if he was made to wait on her hand and foot, if you asked me.

I agreed with your other post, I believe this punishment, is more likely to cause greater harm, than anything remotely like justice.