Iran's 'eye for an eye' justice

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Many years of hard labour mixed in with working on equality and womens rights programs might be appropriate.

As long as he got a lengthy prison sentence, and could be productive while serving it, I would be content. He won't be involved in any of those programs now...

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
OK, I'll buck the trend and vote justice. In strict terms of punishment, I don't see the problem with this at all. In terms of practicality, it doesn't seem like the best preventive measure.

I don't know the details of this particular case, but in this part of the world, acid attacks on the faces of women are not uncommon. There is a culture of male sexual ownership of women over there and acid attacks are often a response to women attempting to assert their sexuality for their themselves (in ways that would go unnoticed in the West). This man being punished in this way probably won't change his sense of entitlement to female sexuality, if that was a motivation for the assault. If made permanently disfigured, who do you think he'll blame? The woman whose sexuality he feels entitled too and maybe all women in general. If allowed to go free and carry this mark on him, what are the chances he might seek revenge of this woman or all women?

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
I, for one, am glad that they did not succeed in their plan to institute the sharia law in Ontario. Very glad.

Were you planning on throwing acid in someone's face? Oh it doesn't matter, you aren't Muslim and the laws would not apply to you regardless.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I wonder if the court will let her throw it? She looks like she has the right to be pissed.

......... allowing people of this vent to come
and live among us. This is tribalism at its worst.

I agree, what is the name of your Tribe, I don't want to join by mistake.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Were you planning on throwing acid in someone's face? Oh it doesn't matter, you aren't Muslim and the laws would not apply to you regardless.

Of course, once again, as always, you are WRONG.

If and when Sharia Law was forced upon us it would not matter if one is Muslim or not.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
it doesn't seem like the best preventive measure.
It the completion is widely publicized the next jilted lover migh decide to forefo the mutilation phase of 'courting rituals'. Perhaps rapists could have their junk dipped in the same acid, no repeat offenders. No idea if Unich is a profession or curse. Thieves have had their hands chopped off. I wonder how 'they' view the 'life' for selling a bag of pot? lol

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I wonder just how many Christian theological gov't run countries have similar practices, or practice hanging people by the neck, from cranes in full view of the public. Or believe in burying rape victims/adulteresses in the ground to their neck, and stoning them to death.

Anyone have the stats?

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
What about a country that uses its death penalty to kill innocent people, throw non-violent drug users in jail and life imprisonment for someone distributing marijuana?!@?@?!@?@?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Just the other day I was served pyrohy by a beautiful gal with a deep scar on her left check. She's from a nice Christian country. You know why women get scars on the cheek in Christian countries right?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes it is an international problem. Nope. Not Russia but they do cut the cheek there of the women who don't obey or are accused of cheating. Law is ignored or it is the law doing it for the owner as it is the law who tracks down the runners.