Insite Given Exemption By SCoC

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Holy crap, as I read more on the ruling, they actually reach a unanimous decision!

A unanimous decision!!!

That should tell the detractors, to check their heads for a slow leak.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Just as you do.

So tell me your opinion on why these people want to run your life?

Yes, I go there to see if anything has changed since I came to city. Nothing.

So if we didn't have pubs people would be incapable of drinking at home? :roll:
So you go down there for recreation purposes and to watch the show? Do you pay admission?

If they have a home.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Forcibly injecting socially vulnerable women and getting them hooked is one of the many tactics used to draw women into prostituion. Others turn to street drugs when their doctor prescribed opiate addiction for their bad back gets out of hand and docs stop prescribing to them, turn them away cold turkey. They're already an addict, their life was already destroyed. It may come as a surprise to you, but perfectly normal, valuable, people succumb to addictions every day.

So the solution is to string them along on their addictions and hand them a pamphlet each visit, hoping they make the decision this time to seek help? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Just as you do.

So tell me your opinion on why these people want to run your life?

So you go down there for recreation purposes and to watch the show? Do you pay admission?

If they have a home.

Did I say I go there for recreation purposes? No. I said I go there to see if anything has ever changed. It hasn't. There's still open drug dealing, prostitution, garbage everywhere, walking dead everywhere... shall I continue?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
So the solution is to string them along on their addictions and hand them a pamphlet each visit, hoping they make the decision this time to seek help? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I give an equally dismissive riiiiiiiiiight at the idea that criminalizing, marginalizing, or further victimizing them is the solution either. Insite at least has some stats to back up its efficacy. And it has the SCoC backing it up.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thanks for proving me right, yet again.

They want to run my life?
Apparently. Are you 100% safe from falling to an addiction? Is it up to someone else to deal with that?

Did I say I go there for recreation purposes? No. I said I go there to see if anything has ever changed. It hasn't. There's still open drug dealing, prostitution, garbage everywhere, walking dead everywhere... shall I continue?
Do you go to West Van to stare at the rich to see how they are doing? There is plenty of garbage, walking dead, hookers and junkies in every part of every city.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Who is the onus on to end their addiction. You or them?

Since an addict is going to have WANT to change, the onus should be on them. But that's not say we shouldn't help, and help doesn't mean sitting by watching someone inject. Help is grabbing them by the ears and confronting them. If you succeed, that addict will be nothing but thankful when they look back at that moment.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Since an addict is going to have WANT to change, the onus should be on them. But that's not say we shouldn't help, and help doesn't mean sitting by watching someone inject. Help is grabbing them by the ears and confronting them. If you succeed, that addict will be nothing but thankful when they look back at that moment.
Would it make more sense to sentence these people into treatment when they stand before a judge for possesion of drugs or just cut them loose? Is jail a form of addiction treatment?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bull****.
So you and allwayz share a commonality then eh.

He wants to tell people how they should live and you want to tell people they will live.

Good to know.

Would that be you getting PWND yet again?

Last edited: