Iceland Is Officially Worshiping Norse Gods Again

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well the hard on if you were following along is Cliffy praising the return of a religion where raping, pillaging, massacres, and enslaving others is making a comeback.
Eh, I mostly skip over Cliffy. Sorry, shouldn'ta stuck my oar in till I was up to speed.

Cliffy! You know the one who in a former life was a Cree Warrior and bashes Christianity non-stop for it's brutality.

He'd be a good fake Shawnee. I know a good few who are perfectly capable of saying proudly that Tecumseh stopped the Shawnee practice of torturing captives and at the same time denying that the Shawnee tortured captives.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That sentiment in itself is probably the biggest single cause in Christianity's overall loss of followers. But you are entitled to your beliefs.

So Christians having Christian beliefs - such as there is only one god, probably the main Christian belief - is a big cause of some sort of mythical (almost as mythical as those pagan gods like Thor that you worship) decline of Christianity, is it? What a strange logic you have.

Far from declining, Christianity - which is already the largest religion on Earth - is growing. Outside the West, the religion is undergoing explosive growth, despite the fact that it is the most persecuted religion on the planet, with the culprits mainly being Muslims, but also a few simple Christianophobes, too.

70% of people in the West are Christians. About three-quarters of all humans in Europe, North America and Oceania are Christians, and 90% of people in South America.

In 1900, there were approximately 10 million Christians in Africa. By 2000, there were 360 million. By 2025, conservative estimates see that number rising to 633 million. Those same estimates put the number of Christians in Latin America in 2025 at 640 million and in Asia at 460 million.

By the middle of this century, there will be three billion Christians in the world - one and a half times the number of Muslims. In fact, by 2050 there will be nearly as many Pentecostal Christians in the world as there are Muslims today.

Within Christianity itself, the number of Protestants like myself is growing, whilst Catholicism is in decline.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
So Christians having Christian beliefs - such as there is only one god, probably the main Christian belief - is a big cause of some sort of mythical (almost as mythical as those pagan gods like Thor that you worship) decline of Christianity, is it? What a strange logic you have.

Far from declining, Christianity - which is already the largest religion on Earth - is growing. Outside the West, the religion is undergoing explosive growth, despite the fact that it is the most persecuted religion on the planet, with the culprits mainly being Muslims, but also a few simple Christianophobes, too.

70% of people in the West are Christians. About three-quarters of all humans in Europe, North America and Oceania are Christians, and 90% of people in South America.

In 1900, there were approximately 10 million Christians in Africa. By 2000, there were 360 million. By 2025, conservative estimates see that number rising to 633 million. Those same estimates put the number of Christians in Latin America in 2025 at 640 million and in Asia at 460 million.

By the middle of this century, there will be three billion Christians in the world - one and a half times the number of Muslims. In fact, by 2050 there will be nearly as many Pentecostal Christians in the world as there are Muslims today.

Within Christianity itself, the number of Protestants like myself is growing, whilst Catholicism is in decline.

It depends how you look at it Blackleaf. While overall numbers of Christians is rising with world population, the percentage of religious adherents belong to Christian faiths is dropping, losing ground in large part to Islamic faiths.

And I didn't say Christianity was losing ground because of its monotheistic views, I said it was losing ground because of its intolerance to other belief systems. Please don't twist my words, that's a juvenile tactic not deserving of a place in intelligent debate.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Thanks to the Anglo-Saxons, it is some of these gods which gave the names of some of the days of the week in English.

The Anglo-Saxons, a Germanic race like the Vikings, worshipped some of the same gods as the Vikings. The Viking god Thor was known as Þunor to the Anglo-Saxons (I wish the English language still had the letter Þ, like Icelandic still has); the Viking god Odin was known as Woden to the Anglo-Saxons; Frigg was known as Frige to the Anglo-Saxons; the Viking god Týr was known as Tiw to the Anglo-Saxons.

Þunor , Woden, Frigg and Tiw is where we get Thursday, Wednesday, Friday and Tuesday from.

Of course, none of these gods exist. The only real god is the Christian god.

You were doing so good right up to the last sentence.
What makes you think your mythical god is any better than any other mythical creature?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Thor

Okay then.

Count me in.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Christ was not a Christian he was a Jew and he came to reform the Jewish faith
he did not set out to start his own church

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I don't think there are other possibilities. I believe that God is the only god there is.
You really don't understand that the Koran is a rewrite of the old testament and that Allah is the name of your God in Arabic, do you? Muslims are actually an offshoot of the Jewish religion, just like the Baha'i are an offshoot of the Muslim religion and the JWs are an offshoot of the Seventh Day Adventists. Allah and God are the same entity whether you want to believe it or not.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I do believe everyone else (well, non-Christians) is wrong. I don't believe in Wodin or Buddha or Allah or Krishna. As a Christian I only believe in the Christian god. There is no two ways about it.

You believe and worship Wodin or Frigg or Allah or Buddha all you like, mate. You are entitled to your beliefs, but I believe they're false, invented deities.

Who invented God.........cause the first human's on Earth sure didn't so someone had to in which case that makes your choice just as bogus as those you choose to deny.

I don't give a damn what Buddhists do. I'm not a Buddhist, and nor do I have any intention of being one. I'm a Christian.

Well you are a piss poor example of one, IMHO.

Oh joy! I wonder if they will be bringing back rape, murder, and pillaging as their tenements.

And Cliffy seems to be very excited about a religion that openly encourages warfare.

Hey Cliffy... don't forget to hold your sword next time you down your pills... you could wake up in Valhalla without it!

I gave you that greenie by mistake. Stupid me.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Christ was not a Christian he was a Jew and he came to reform the Jewish faith
he did not set out to start his own church
If you are wrong you might as well be as wrong as you can get.

M't:16:18:
And I say also unto thee,
That thou art Peter,
and upon this rock I will build my church;
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.