Iceland Is Officially Worshiping Norse Gods Again

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Oh joy! I wonder if they will be bringing back rape, murder, and pillaging as their tenements.

And Cliffy seems to be very excited about a religion that openly encourages warfare.

Hey Cliffy... don't forget to hold your sword next time you down your pills... you could wake up in Valhalla without it!
lots of hate in that post

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Lots of truth for the hypocrite.

Cliffy thinks worshiping Norse Gods is only about sitting around some smoky longhouse drinking mead and telling stories of adventure.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I do believe everyone else (well, non-Christians) is wrong. I don't believe in Wodin or Buddha or Allah or Krishna. As a Christian I only believe in the Christian god. There is no two ways about it.

You believe and worship Wodin or Frigg or Allah or Buddha all you like, mate. You are entitled to your beliefs, but I believe they're false, invented deities.
So you cannot support your claim that the Christian god is the only real god any more than Cliffy can prove that Odin is the only true god. Nice non answer. Perhaps your 'claim' should be worded as a belief and not fact.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So you cannot support your claim that the Christian god is the only real god any more than Cliffy can prove that Odin is the only true god. Nice non answer. Perhaps your 'claim' should be worded as a belief and not fact.

I don't need to support my claim. I've got my Christian beliefs as a Christian. I believe in the Christian god only, not figures from ancient mythology.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I don't need to support my claim. I've got my Christian beliefs as a Christian. I believe in the Christian god only, not figures from ancient mythology.

Like your version of God.

As you cannot prove your version of God, just as any other religion cannot prove THEIR versions of their Gods, it is all just belief and IMO no more wrong, or right, than anyone elses. Even yours, Blackie.

I agree, perhaps you should change your "fact" - that only the Christian God (which version, BTW) exists - to be more a belief statement.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC

As opposed to the ancient mythology of Jesus and the Christian God? Okay, maybe not as ancient as NOrse mythology, but certainly in the same realm of the unprovable.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Like your version of God.

I believe that the Christian god is real, as I'm a Christian.

As you cannot prove your version of God, just as any other religion cannot prove THEIR versions of their Gods, it is all just belief and IMO no more wrong, or right, than anyone elses. Even yours, Blackie.

I don't need to prove my God exists. I'm a Christian and therefore I believe only the Christian God exists. There is no Woden or Odin or Krishna or Allah. These are, unlike the Christian God, mythical beings invented long ago by humans, humans which were created by God.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I don't think there are other possibilities. I believe that God is the only god there is.

And as I said, you are entitled to those beliefs. But when you look down your nose at the beliefs of others because they don't align with yours, that's when the arrogance thing kicks in.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
They were able to tell them apart before T-Bones. Why the Norse made history by their rapes, massacres, and enslavement of Christians.
Who, ironically, proceeded to rape, massacre, and enslave others, all whilst proclaiming their moral and spiritual superiority to the Norse.

And as I said, you are entitled to those beliefs. But when you look down your nose at the beliefs of others because they don't align with yours, that's when the arrogance thing kicks in.
Kicked in long before that, Nick. This is just the point at which it calls attention to itself. Again.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I believe that the Christian god is real, as I'm a Christian.

I don't need to prove my God exists. I'm a Christian and therefore I believe only the Christian God exists. There is no Woden or Odin or Krishna or Allah. These are, unlike the Christian God, mythical beings invented long ago by humans, humans which were created by God.

And as already asked, Prove it.

If you cannot prove it, then you do not have really the right to say other Gods are mythical beings. They are just as real as your version of God is. Just because they may not be as worshiped as they used to be doesn't mean they are fake.

Then again, your version of God IS just as fake as these other 'myths' so...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Who, ironically, proceeded to rape, massacre, and enslave others, all whilst proclaiming their moral and spiritual superiority to the Norse.

And the "others" who ironically were raping, massacring, and enslaving others while worshiping the great sky father and sun god.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And the "others" who ironically were raping, massacring, and enslaving others while worshiping the great sky father and sun god.
Precisely. So what's your hard-on about the Norse for? Least they didn't claim to be followers of a god of love while they did their brutal deeds.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Precisely. So what's your hard-on about the Norse for? Least they didn't claim to be followers of a god of love while they did their brutal deeds.

Well the hard on if you were following along is Cliffy praising the return of a religion where raping, pillaging, massacres, and enslaving others is making a comeback.

Cliffy! You know the one who in a former life was a Cree Warrior and bashes Christianity non-stop for it's brutality.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

I do look down at other people's beliefs, because I don't believe in them.