High winds forecast for B.C. as hundreds remain in dark

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
The southern coast of B.C. braced for another windstorm Wednesday while crews worked to restore power to hundreds of people affected by last week's storm.

More...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I assume you mean that after the garbage cans are emptied, they get blown down the street and you have to go and find them....Yeah, that does happen....I put a bungee cord accross the lid to thwart the raccoons, but I don't know how to solve the wind problem..:munky2:

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
It sounds like BC is getting a winter like the record breaking winter NFL had for snow and wind. We had a storm every two days, I couldn't get the snow cleared or fallen tree debrie cleared before boom we'd be hit again. My condolences BCers.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
#juan, I just put the bags out at the street rather than the cans today. I hate going on those garbage can hunts. The garbage truck comes by early enough that the birds or animals aren't a problem.

Sass, I'm sure this is still nothing compared to most of the rest of the country. We just like to complain alot when we can't play 9 holes in the afternoon.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Kreskin wrote:#juan,
I just put the bags out at the street rather than the cans today. I hate going on those garbage can hunts. The garbage truck comes by early enough that the birds or animals aren't a problem.

We put the bags out only if we're going to be here when the garbage truck arrives. If we leave the bags out overnight, the racoons redecorate our street with the garbage. The cans are only a problem when there is a high wind.

The wind must have been really something on the lower mainland.....Two hundred trees down in Stanley Park and the park is still closed. We're a little worried about our big trees.......a couple are over a 150 feet tall. and if we get 90 kph winds we'll have our fingers crossed.:?