Harper can't even talk about jellybeans without lying

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
You are forgiven for having the nerve to actually talk about the issue with which the thread was truly dealing.

So what's your fave jelly bean flavor, oh hubby of mine?

I'll only eat gourmet beans, and really like peach and pear personally. I can't STAND the conventional jelly beans, with their flavorless gaudy colors.

Yeah, I suppose I better get to know you better, in case we ever go on one of those "Who knows their wife the best?" gameshows. Do they still have those?

Yeah, I can handle some of the conventional ones. I try to stay away from them because sometimes you grab a couple and instead of lime flavour, its that bizarrely grotesque mint. The gourmet beans are fantastic. Although I have mixed feelings about popcorn flavour... I really like the orange flavour and the vanilla bean too!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yeah, I suppose I better get to know you better, in case we ever go on one of those "Who knows their wife the best?" gameshows. Do they still have those?

Yeah, I can handle some of the conventional ones. I try to stay away from them because sometimes you grab a couple and instead of lime flavour, its that bizarrely grotesque mint. The gourmet beans are fantastic. Although I have mixed feelings about popcorn flavour... I really like the orange flavour and the vanilla bean too!

I think we'll get along just fine... so long as we find someone to eat those damn popcorn jelly beans.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I suppose now is the time to point out that if we get a divorce, I want visitation rights.

Didn't I tell you? I'm Catholic... divorce isn't an option silly.

Sure, I'm cherry picking, since polygamy isn't an option either, but, as your wife, I declare my right to pick and choose ideologies as I see fit.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Didn't I tell you? I'm Catholic... divorce isn't an option silly.

Sure, I'm cherry picking, since polygamy isn't an option either, but, as your wife, I declare my right to pick and choose ideologies as I see fit.

Well as your husband, I demand that you get to have that right. That and free foot rubs.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
While we are on the subject of political leaders lying........ Layton said that Paul Martin was attending,a slam at the liberals. Not to be outdone,Dion,looking for a soundbite,said that there was a hidden agenda to sell our water to the States. Both lies,but they won't be called on it because our media is in bed with the left and most people are so used to thier continual BS that we don't even care. That is sad.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
While we are on the subject of political leaders lying........ Layton said that Paul Martin was attending,a slam at the liberals. Not to be outdone,Dion,looking for a soundbite,said that there was a hidden agenda to sell our water to the States. Both lies,but they won't be called on it because our media is in bed with the left and most people are so used to thier continual BS that we don't even care. That is sad.
Terence Corcoran agrees with you. So do I.
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/columnists/story.html?id=4a8de942-ba4a-47ee-a06e-e45d7a22b16a

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Where is the lie?

Somewhere between what Harper said needs changing and what business told them should be changed. Next time read the thread. The contents are the same on both sides of the border, its the labeling rules that are different. Of course, he couldn't make a joke about changing labeling rules.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
THAT is your lie.You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to fling something at Harper. And BTF"ENW the jelly bean fellow from New Brunswick did say that he had to change the red dye because what he was using was not allowed in the States. Next time check your facts before you start a thread about someone else's honesty. Also,the 2 biggest lies that came out of this summit came from Jack and Steffi.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I got my facts from a newspaper that actually interviewed him, not some columnist who speculated.

exactly the same contents.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Read your own link, Harper refers to difference in ingredients. Mr Ganong said the red jelly beans had to be changed because of a problem with the dye being allowed in Canada but not the U.S. So back to my earlier post(s). You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel and Jack's and Steffi's big lies are shrugged off as BS as usual. Don't you see anything wrong with that?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
exactly the same contents.

and now that I've double-checked I'd appreciate you pointing out where red dye is mentioned in either of the links I provided.

Last edited: