Harper can't even talk about jellybeans without lying

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Toro, the horror only grows...have you tried Berty Botts' every flavour bean? they actually have dirt flavoured jelly beans and ear wax flavour jelly beans...ick!

EVERY flavour? just imagine.... human flesh flavor... faeces flavour.... vagina flavour.... grass flavour... vomit flavour.... urgh the list is unbearable

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
EVERY flavour? just imagine.... human flesh flavor... faeces flavour.... vagina flavour.... grass flavour... vomit flavour.... urgh the list is unbearable

*shrugs*

If you eat processed food, or have eaten in more than 50 restaurant in your life time, you've probably eaten traces of all those things.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Then why did you bother quoting me?

I was reiterating the points I made in my post. Figured you'd simply glossed over them. Whether Harper ACTUALLY mentions the packaging is irrelevant. It's a hair splitting detail.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
so was your point.

you DO know the difference between contents and packaging, no?
Well opinions are like arseholes...everybodies got one

You DO understand how when you change the product INSIDE the package you HAVE to change the packaging? If you want to be pendantic, that's fine. But maybe you should understand the WHOLE concept that's being expressed, rather then trying to desperately find every single little flaw that Harper has.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I would think that depends on the vintage. Day 1 - 21 mmmmmm. Day 21 - 28 not mmmmm
There is no time when vintage vagina flavour is good. I think its like milk.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Twila and BitWhys. I have to say, this is the most amusing debate I've seen on the forum in a while. It reminds me of when hubby and I are grumpy, and get into arguments over the silliest little things, like him having the sniffles and annoying the ___ out of me.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
It's true.

i can't resist..no offence but i gotta......

This is really in bad taste!

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...You DO understand how when you change the product INSIDE the package you HAVE to change the packaging? If you want to be pendantic, that's fine. But maybe you should understand the WHOLE concept that's being expressed, rather then trying to desperately find every single little flaw that Harper has.

The issue raised by the Lollipop Guild was that the exact same ingredients required two different labels.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
The Lollipop Guild? haha.

:mrgreen:

"They" didn't sound too interested in covering Harper's can on this one, either.

Those U.S.-bound beans are exactly the same as the ones he sells in Canada, which should, theoretically, allow him to reap the rewards of a unified North American market.

G&M

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
The usage of jellybeans is a comical reference to one of the purposes of the SPP:
As currently formulated, the SPP promotes regulatory coordination, not necessarily harmonization. In lieu of a common regulatory system, SPP seeks agreement on basic principles and mutual recognition of standards.
Emphasis theirs. Its not that they want the same standards in each country, they just want to be able to pass whichever country's standards regulations they prefer and then have that product sold somewhere where it wouldn't pass regulations. You are free to change your own regulations, but have no right to refuse products from another nation. You would maintain legislative sovereignty but it is essentially all bark. That is mutual recognition of standards.

Then of course there is the fact that very few Canadians have any idea of what is being talked about in these meetings. Which is why the opposition parties are largely opposed to it. Although, the process was started by Paul Martin. You have to be a fanatic to get to the facts through the highly PR'ed documents they do publish. Most Canadians that are aware about the actual workings of the SPP, the NACC and associated councils are extremely concerned about the lack of respect,
… participants stressed an essential third leg of political support in addition to federal governments and the private sector for a North American agenda: leadership from state/provincial and local leaders.
and transparency in the process. Even though the majority of the few Canadians with knowledge of the workings of the SPP oppose it, the partnership has the moxy to publish:
In this regard, there was widespread support for further institutionalization of SPP.

The SPP is not about dissolving borders and making a North American Union. Its about dissolving borders for corporations.
The challenge for both public and private sector policy leaders in this regard is to identify key regulatory barriers, and seek inter-governmental collaboration through the SPP, a process that will require a great deal of transparency and communication from all parties.

Finally, I would like to apologize for getting so far off the subject of jelly beans...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Finally, I would like to apologize for getting so far off the subject of jelly beans...

You are forgiven for having the nerve to actually talk about the issue with which the thread was truly dealing.

So what's your fave jelly bean flavor, oh hubby of mine?

I'll only eat gourmet beans, and really like peach and pear personally. I can't STAND the conventional jelly beans, with their flavorless gaudy colors.