Happy Halloween

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I considered eternal damnation, said screw it and left the damn box at home. Never did look back. !@#$%^&

My kids took their Unicef envelopes along the last year that that was how it was done (it's now done before Halloween, since so few kids trick-or-treat), and I told them a similar thing (even though it was public school).... ask 'if you'd like to give money instead of candy, we'd appreciate it'. They came home totally jazzed... "Mom, everyone said we had to take candy too!!!" lol.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The way it's going right now, I hand out a chocolate bar..I eat a chocolate bar. I'm getting full.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
lol...you guys are all going to hell.... with a chocolate bar in your hand... :D...may as well go happy eh?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Damn, these chicks that look too old to be trick or treating yet do so wearing the Kat Woman stuff, they're driving me crazy.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I've had 3 more - things is lookin up! They've all been decked out too! yaaaay.

I have to tell a story about my ex hubby .... he was never really into the spirit of pretty much any holiday... but one Halloween, he was informed by the kids and me that this particular year he WOULD be joining us trick or treating and he WOULD be required to dress up. All our attempts to help him put a costume together were rebuffed, so at 5:00 on that Halloween evening, he began to assemble his costume.

He took a garbage bag, cut holes out for the head and arms, put it over his head, smeared something sticky ( I forget what - maybe honey?) all over the bag, went out to the back yard, and rolled around in the leaves. The kids and I watched with increasing mortification - hoping against hope that he had a plan for pulling something amazing together with these antics.

Once done covering himself in leaves from the back yard, he pronounced his costume finished.

"What are you supposed to be?" we all chorused.

He replied... "The Creature from the Black Lagoon... of course!"

oh but wait.... it gets better...

about half way down the block, on about the third house or so, the wind picked up, and brought with it a stench most foul. Thinking it was something coming from the yard we were standing in, we quickly moved on.

So did the stench.... in fact the stench followed us for a couple more blocks - occassionally waning, but always returning with a vengeance....

Finally, I realized where it was coming from.

The dog doo doo that was stuck to the garbage bag with the leaves.

:tongue2:

That story has been retold almost every year by my kids - ok well , maybe once or twice by me too.... he will go down in history for that costume. hee hee gag hee hee

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
HHHHHHHHHHHHaha...it's a green pooh bear. Guess it didn't even phaze him did it. Bet he didn't have to go next though...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Damn, these chicks that look too old to be trick or treating yet do so wearing the Kat Woman stuff, they're driving me crazy.

My seven year old daughter was a black cat this year. It is NEXT to impossible to buy the components for such a costume without them being tramped up in some fashion. I loathe to think what this stuff will look like when she's in highschool. *sigh*

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I just had four deer race across my lawn. They didn't appear to keen on this halloween deal.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I just had four deer race across my lawn. They didn't appear to keen on this halloween deal.
Are you sure there wasn't something freaky chasing them...

The deer thing is very cool though. Who needs ghosts?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
OMG, there's a pack of chicks coming, led by one wearing devils horns. This is torture.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
LOL guys...going out as a bad of smelly shyte....priceless....

well i had fun ceptin the grand kid who always took pride in his costume ended up wanting to be a burglar.....and would not have it any other way...

costume....99c backlava from dollar store.....

to me he looked like a moslem lady......

going to pick up best friend across the street.....baclava in hand other hand pillow case.....friend's mom asks where is your costume...granfather replies"He is going out as matty carrying a hat"

look of horror...

her son shows up wearing... sunglasses,sisters thick jewekry chains round neck.....mom asks what are you for crying out loud...Doc answers"why a gangster of course"....kid is surprised as hell that i knew....

8 year olds today...jaded halloweeners.....

L_M

Jun 10, 2007
We bought about $30 worth of candy and had maybe 60 kids show up. I was kinda bummed since it was my first time shelling out. I was hoping for better results... and to not have so much damn yummy chocolate left over.

Reactions: triedit

L_M

Jun 10, 2007
Ha ha, well I emptied the chocolates last, because they're my fav.

My boyfriend was out of control. He just kept buying stuff. We even had a couple of cases of pop designated for older trick or treaters, and thirsty parents. It was rediculous :)