Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Changed into a new costume after zipping around the world as Aquaman:lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Ya I like those things too. We called them candy kisses. btw, what's candy corn?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Where do you host? Mine work but some people have problems with GIFs.

I uploaded from my box, and also tried the URL, no luck. Ahh well. It will be gone by tommorow.

This is the first time I've had this problem with a .gif :-? The pelvic thrusting storm trooper and Agent Smith, they worked fine...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My kids have been out trick-or-treating with hubby for a half hour now.... one street, from our house, up two blocks, and then back down the other side... and they just returned home to dump their bags and go out again. One full reusable grocery bag so far. And they've barely even begun.

Thankfully they don't feel proprietary about their candy, because no damn way are they being allowed to eat all this!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Here let me help you. I'll pm ya my address.... box er up...:D

Oh and
to all.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
sure thing.... 5 lbs of stale chocolate and smashed up rockets, coming your way! Enjoy!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
smashed up Rockets... YUM! I'm closer, send 'em over in a cab.

It's a dismal year so far.... not a single kid at my door yet. :-( I knew the kids around here were all growing up, but this is awful. I might have to move. I get the biggest kick out of the l'il gaffers all dressed up and googly eyed for treats. Even my own girl child has left the neighborhood to go and rake it in elsewhere. /sigh. Guess I'll have to wade through all this candy on me own this year.... *bigger sigh* munch munch. /sigh. munch munch. It's Rockets and mini wonderbars for supper I guess.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
smashed up Rockets... YUM! I'm closer, send 'em over in a cab.

It's a dismal year so far.... not a single kid at my door yet. :-( I knew the kids around here were all growing up, but this is awful. I might have to move. I get the biggest kick out of the l'il gaffers all dressed up and googly eyed for treats. Even my own girl child has left the neighborhood to go and rake it in elsewhere. /sigh. Guess I'll have to wade through all this candy on me own this year.... *bigger sigh* munch munch. /sigh. munch munch. It's Rockets and mini wonderbars for supper I guess.

Oh, she's doing it all wrong. A neighborhood with few treaters tends to give it away in handfuls at each door. lol

Have you noticed that few people seem to really care at all about the costumes now though? I'm getting kids who just threw a cape over their jeans and t-shirt, and expect candy. Damn I feel like a grumpy old woman, looking at these kids and thinking 'put some damn effort in!' But then at the same time, my kids haven't gotten any comments on their homemade costumes. It seems so different from when I was a kid, and you had to basically stand for inspection at the door, explain what you were, talk about how you mom made it. *sigh* those were the good old days... 20 years seems like such a long time.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
YiPPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Had my first trick or treaters. And you're right, they got mitt fulls of candy, just in case I don't get any more! hahahaha

They were dressed up, but I've noticed it's the younger ones who really go all out. The last couple years my daughter has waited until the last minute to throw something together out of the tickle trunk downstairs.... she used to drag me to value village and we'd go the whole nine yards... I'd dress up too, even if I was just staying home to hand out candy.

Ah yep, the good ol' days.....

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah BUT for me, part of the good old days was feeling guilty for being selfish. Rotten old nuns.

Here kiddies. These are UNICEF boxes. They are for all of the poor starving children in the world. Anyone want to help the poor starving children in the world? All the little hands go up. Well here ya go then. One for you and one for you...

Now you take these boxes out with you and all of the good people will put their change into the box and that will ensure we feed those less fortunate than us. Won't that be woooooooonderful. Chorus: Yeeeeeeeeees sister!

Oh and one other thing, don't forget when you take the Unicef boxes out with you, you mustn't collect candy too. We'll give up candy this year and offer it up for those less fortunate, won't we?

Quietly: yes sister.

I considered eternal damnation, said screw it and left the damn box at home. Never did look back. !@#$%^&

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My son is reusing last year's costume... a 'dragon suit' consisting of green pants, green shirt, green toque, with beige felt horns and red felt back scales sewn on. Fits over warmer clothes, and the toque keeps his head toasty... perfect little costume.

My daughter is a cat.... black angora toque with a pair of black ears, whiskers drawn on, black mitts, shirt, pants. We took a pair of black tights, cut the legs off to make a tail out of, cut the feet off to slip over her shoes so she's TOTALLY black, and then used the breifs part to tie the tail too so it comes out the top of her pants. A totally no sew costume, that cost me roughly 20 bucks to put together at Army and Navy... cheaper than some of the paper thin costumes that rip right away, and most of it can be worn later.

I love doing their costumes. lol.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
8O I always took both - back then the parents had a bowl of candy and a bowl of change in readiness for all the charitable tricksters.... Horrid nuns. hrmph.