Half of Canadians Want Refugees Deported

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
YES ,,,,So do I. However, I do consider those fleeing for their lives from death or torture as refugees and those that have applied from their country and were accepted, by Canada as legal.

========================================================================================================

Poor little ostrich.............pretending to be a bluebyrdie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all understand that LIE-berals and their civil service union Hog allies such as yourself are WELDED to your entitlements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE also understand very well that you obtained those entitlements by a GROSS CONFLICT OF INTEREST that should have seen your union leaders and their LIE-beral pals threatened with jail time if they didny knock it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I refer of course to the disgraceful vote buying of LIE-berals- offering up MONEY in exchange for votes is CLEARLY ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet LIE-berals regularly offer up grand gravy to their Hog allies in exchange for votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Byrdie- you cannot hide from the LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you have proven that you have no logical or rational defense of your GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL LIE-beral policy is in disgrace thanks to all of it being hopelessly tainted with relentless and selfish GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
========================================================================================================

Poor little ostrich.............pretending to be a bluebyrdie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all understand that LIE-berals and their civil service union Hog allies such as yourself are WELDED to your entitlements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE also understand very well that you obtained those entitlements by a GROSS CONFLICT OF INTEREST that should have seen your union leaders and their LIE-beral pals threatened with jail time if they didny knock it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I refer of course to the disgraceful vote buying of LIE-berals- offering up MONEY in exchange for votes is CLEARLY ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet LIE-berals regularly offer up grand gravy to their Hog allies in exchange for votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you have proven that you have no logical or rational defense of your GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL LIE-beral policy is in disgrace thanks to all of it being hopelessly tainted with relentless and selfish GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

======================================================================================================

It really puzzles me why more kids do not vote-considering the sort of financial garbage they must put up with. This is an older post that dates back to the last Canada Post strike- but its relevant to the current Sept 2018 strike-as this article illustrates-and it has some comments of my own in brackets):

Opinion: Two-tier pension plans, at issue in the Canada Post talks, give millennials the short end of the stick

Paul Daniel Müller, Special to Montreal Gazette

The labour dispute at Canada Post offers a telling example of how boomers are shifting the burden of their financial woes to the young.

(If it was only Posties who were pulling this stuff it might not be so bad-but they are only one of many groups acting this way!)

In the current round of bargaining with the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, Canada Post Corporation is proposing that future postal workers — those to be hired from day one of the next collective agreement — get an inferior, defined-contribution pension plan, whereas current workers would keep their defined-benefit plan.

As usual, management is asking for concessions, while the union is trying to make some gains. This is normal. What is striking is that compensation rollbacks, should they occur, would be borne not by all Canada Post workers, but primarily by new hires.

If compensation for postal workers is greater than what is observed in the job market for positions requiring comparable skills, you might think that current employees, who benefit from this premium, might legitimately also be those called upon to shoulder the burden of adjusting to market realities. You might think that a new hire, typically a young man or woman in their 20s or 30s, with a fresh mortgage or a burgeoning family, might need the money more than a 50-something empty-nester with a paid-off mortgage. Not so. Nowadays, according to some twisted interpretation of intergenerational solidarity, it appears that it is the young, not the old, who are asked to bear the brunt.

(Sadly- this IS the face of bankruptcy! At last count 97 percent of defined benefit pension plans- the ones so beloved of civil service Hogs- were ALREADY in deficit mode- and sliding rapidly into bankruptcy! Even MORE SAD is the fact that union Hogs, their LIE-beral allies and LIE-beral friendly Cdn media have decided Not to mention this crap to the public! ALL those wonderful Hog pensions are in arears- contributions to low and payouts to high- LIE-berals simply cannot shovel our cash fast enough into the pension black hole!)

(With the added bonus that technology has rendered the Postie as nearly obsolete- meaning not to many new hires to continue contributing to the pension plan- and new hires were an essential part of that plan! Even more awkward is the relentless LIE-beral handling of interest rates- ever DOWN so they can handle govt debt more easily! But it also means that rates of return on investment are suppressed as well- making it even harder to keep Hog pension plans in the black!)

(But in a recent clever union Hog vote saving move- federal LIE-berals have legalized Weed and are harnessing Posties to deliver it!!!!!!!!! It is MAKE WORK
for Hogs!)

(And the REALLY ABSURD part of the dal is that Posties will NOT actually be delivering the Weed- they will go to the house- find that everybody is away at work- and take the package back to the post office and let YOU come pick it up!)

(Isnt that GREAT? Hogs will get paid to shuffle boxes around till you come get your sh=t! But of course that does not take away from how LIE-berals are SCREWING our kids- on everything!)

Humans and animals are biologically programmed to protect their young — the future of the species — before saving their elders. But in our aging society, elders are off-loading to the young the burden of adjusting to market conditions. In the context of collective bargaining, this practice has been termed “orphan clause,” because younger workers cannot rely on the protection of their elder colleagues.

(Our prime minister LIE-beral Jean Chretien made a habit of telling young people that they would inherit all sorts of good jobs and money when Baby Boomers died and left their jobs and stuff behind. Too bad Boomers have figured out how to take it with them-with the little they leave behind being taxed into oblivion by LIE-berals seeking more gravy for their civil service Hog pals!)

(Further- offspring are expected to GROW UP and understand and deal with the outside world- getting disgusted with politicians and refusing to vote is Not the mature thing to do! Dont like the govt? Then DO SOMETHING! And the best thing is to VOTE! Hold you nose and decide which candidate stinks the least! It’s the mature thing to do! And politician egos are very sensitive to any negative response so you will be sticking a pin into your chosen target- it ain’t much but its better than being a completely helpless victim?)

Orphan clauses establish two tiers of workers, performing the same work, with the same skill sets.

Do you believe in equal pay for equal work? Labour standards, as well as the Charter of Rights, already prohibit wage discrimination based on gender, race and age. What about date of hire? Barring the unlikely event that new hires are not generally younger than the existing workforce, discrimination according to date of hire is a systemic form of discrimination based on age.

(OH, surely we don’t have to worry about that labour standards stuff do we? LIE-berals always insist that it is only needed to rein in Conservatives? What a JOKE!)

How do orphan clauses occur? In collective bargaining, management and unions each defend the interests of their constituency: shareholders and workers. Future hires are outside union membership during bargaining, and so cannot be heard at the bargaining table. Some employers look for expedient ways to cut costs, irrespective of ethics. They push for two-tier systems, in wages or benefits, understanding this is the line of least resistance by unions.

Usually, unions initially resist such proposals. But at the end of the day, they often prefer to sacrifice new hires than give ground on something that hurts their existing base.

The labour code is a device designed to balance the strengths of management and unions, and thereby achieve fairly bargained outcomes. The device fails when both parties agree to shift the burden of cost cutting to a third party — future hires — that is absent from the bargaining table. Legislative action is therefore warranted to correct this failure.

(To bad the labour code has NOTHING to say about greedy Hogs caught in a GROSS conflict of interest- voting LIE-beral in exchange for all that GRAVY- that is so rich its not permitted by law to ordinary Cdns!)

Orphan clauses on wages are already prohibited by Quebec’s labour standards law. Canada Post could argue that federal law contains no such provision, either for wages or benefits. It could also argue that orphan clauses are not new. Still, it could be suggested that the government of Canada has a fiduciary duty to younger workers unable to fend for themselves within the framework of collective bargaining. Canada Post reports to Public Services Minister Judy Foote. Thus, the government could and should instruct Canada Post to pursue cost-cutting by other means than by shifting its burden to youth.

Politicians of all stripes love to speak of their commitment to youth, hand on heart. But talk is cheap. If the Trudeau government allows its largest Crown Corporation to balance its books by soaking the young, millennials might take note.

(And isn’t it silly to be arguing about a postal service that is almost less economically and technologically relevant than a blacksmith seeking govt money for shoeing plow horses? But Our brainless Boy Justin PROMISED to restore postal home delivery during the election didn’t he? And considering the amount of online fraud being committed, delivery of bills direct to your home sounds more secure than doing things online? But Our idiot Boy has been in power for a year and a half now and the postal promise is just another one of many that he has forgotten-even though he IS working on his second thirty billion dollar deficit!)

Paul Daniel Müller is a consulting economist in Montreal.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
YES ,,,,So do I. However, I do consider those fleeing for their lives from death or torture as refugees and those that have applied from their country and were accepted, by Canada as legal.
Those coming from the United States via Roxham Road aren’t fleeing tyranny, they are coming for free stuff . Send them back .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Funny how that the Irregular crossings started happening right after the US started revoking their visas and told them it's time to go home, the crises is over.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Those coming from the United States via Roxham Road aren’t fleeing tyranny, they are coming for free stuff . Send them back .
Never mind, now that the US is stopping all those heading for their southern border we (Canadians) will not see too many from the US (Roham Road) or through the western border crossing either.

I wonder how Trump will handle the huge Caravan of wanna be citizens heading up his way. Is his wall ready? Somehow I don't think they even have Visas.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley

Beer your posts are ridiculous. First of all there was no union member or boss in the Hospital I worked in.as the Administrators there agreed to treat us exactly as the unionized hospitals. The citizens in this area, having received a large legacy from a private citizen IF we would use it towards a hospital. The hospital was built from donations from local people, and operated as a private hospital for a long time. When finally the Quebec government took over health care it became a public institution. When that happened we agreed NOT to be unionized right up until about 10 years ago Now a few young and foolish ones went for the union after I retired and they definitely are not happy about union fees.

Secondly I am still waiting to be bribed by the Liberals. Years ago it was the Conservative in the area that offered it and now Quebec does not have a Provincial Conservative party.

Now you seem to know all about freebees and entitlements....how about sharing I am definitely missing out on those. I am sure there must be others interested as well.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Never mind, now that the US is stopping all those heading for their southern border we (Canadians) will not see too many from the US (Roham Road) or through the western border crossing either.

I wonder how Trump will handle the huge Caravan of wanna be citizens heading up his way. Is his wall ready? Somehow I don't think they even have Visas.

Oh Bluebyrdie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are spreading your GUANO ALL OVER the LIE-beral situation- which was ALREADY a DISGUSTING MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buried in all your verbal guano is an UGLY TRUTH- that ALL LIE-beral policy contains UNACCEPTABLE LEVELS of deceit and deception that are infuriating the public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS for civil service union Hogs such as yourself- your biggest concern apparently is that your "two small govt pensions" as you sneeringly describe then- may DISAPPEAR after LIE-berals run head on into the debt wall!!!

It is so much more fun to have those "small" govt pensions to pay for groceries and the wine list and nice meals etc- and to SAVE YOUR MONEY for luxuries like TWO HOMES in separate countries!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to hell with the environmental cost of operating two houses!

WE KNOW YOU ARE ENTITLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How will you manage to maintain ALL your entitlements if LIE-berals run us fully and publicly into bankruptcy and a new govt enacts a means test and tells you that your pensions are GONE because you have that nice supply of private money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you defend LIE-berals you support fiscal LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating the rotten heart of LIE-beral economic policy. With some comments of my own in brackets):

MACPHERSON: A greener, poorer, slower economy

Special to Postmedia Network. Published: January 22, 2018. Updated: January 22, 2018 4:47 PM EST

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ Opinion/ Columnists

Related

Editorials
EDITORIAL: Ministers don't need paid social media staffers
Columnists
MARIN: Wade carefully in the Liberal swamp
Columnists
ELDER: Why wasn't Obama impeached?

By Paige MacPherson

Without a doubt, rising population and prosperity in the developing world will grow global demand for energy for the foreseeable future. For human progress, this is fantastic. Billions of people will be lifted out of poverty. Central to this progress is access to reliable and reasonably priced power.

(But where will all the energy come from? LIE-berals playing silly tax games insist that renewable energy from wind and solar is key- but in this they LIE! LIE-beral mouldy green energy is produced in fits and starts- wen the sun shones bright or is clouded over; or when a big wind gust sets the blades spinning and then dies away!)

(Mouldy green power means Lithium is needed- LOTS OF IT- for batteries- to store the green power and Lithium is increasingly recognized as just as big a polluter as oil- during the refining process and during the recycling process!)

(The ONLY HONEST WAY to reduce our green house gas emissions is to make logical reductions in fossil fuel use- such as- is it sensible to let LIE-berals continue to BRIBE civil service union Hogs with so much gravy that Hogs have a HUGE carbon foot print at OUR EXPENSE? LIE-berals cripple our economy with taxes and then we get to breath the exhaust spewed by Hogs at play with their many gas powered toys!)

(Which does the average person need more- a cheap way to heat the house- or a airplane flight to Florida for some golf?)

(Which do we need more- a cheap way to produce hot water for cleaning- or one of those electrically powered bubble systems that Hogs are installing around their costly Muskoka Lakes docks to ensure that ice does not form around the dock and damage it?)

(Whic would be better for our health- a 20 mile buzz down the lake on a sea doo- or a 20 minute paddle in a canoe? In related news- who is likely to see more wild life- the sea- doo rider or the canoist?)

When Trudeau came face-to-face with 54-year-old Kathy Katula from rural Ontario last January, he learned about real-life consequences. “My heat and hydro now cost me more than my mortgage,” Katula tearfully explained. “How is it justified for you to ask me to pay a carbon tax when I only have $65 left of my pay cheque every two weeks to feed my family?”

(The worst part of the LIE-beral carbon scam is that the money beaten from the hides of desperate Cdns like Katula is that the cash will be given to civil service union Hogs so they can maintain or even EXPAND their carbon foot prints! Since one employed Cdn in 3 works for govt- it means there is a BIG chunk of society that will NOT be feeling any pressure to reduce carbon consumption!)

Although Trudeau’s carbon tax will make hydrocarbon fuels even more expensive, Katula’s main complaint is with the Liberal government of Ontario. Ontarians suffering from energy poverty can blame the province’s massively subsidized and poorly structured green energy contracts, recklessly rapid phase-out of coal power, the infamous gas plant cancellations, and gross mismanagement of power supply and demand.

(LIE-berals have so badly mis-managed the mouldy green power supply that we are routinely paying sky high costs to buy mouldy green that we do not need- and even worse- we cannot shut down green production when energy use is low- so we must sell off the surplus to Yankees at LOW rates- LIE-berals have signed contracts with their green energy producing pals guaranteeing LIE-berals will buy every scrap of green power produced- regardless of how much we need or when we need it- or even if we can afford it! LIE-berals TAKE CARE of their PALS! )

(The real irony and demonstration of LIE-beral madness is that civil service Hogs are boasting of how bright and green a future the Yankees have since the cost of mouldy green energy has fallen so low in United States! That the LOW COST for Yankee mouldy green is due to them buying so much Cdn mouldy green at bargain rates that are killing our economy -is NOT something Hogs want to discuss!)

In Ontario, residential electricity bills have more than doubled in the last decade. Canadian Taxpayers Federation research reveals electricity costs at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital have increased 75% since 2013; Woodstock Hospital has seen a 60% increase in the same time.

(Energy costs for hospitals might explain why they are becoming such FILTHY places! The number of patients coming into contact with anti-biotic resistant diseases is SOARING! And its simply due to a lack of cleaning staff that were fired so hospitals could spend the money in other ways- like energy costs and gravy for administrators! LIE-beral greed for gravy is literally MAKING US SICK!)

In British Columbia, the health authorities spent over $5-million on carbon offsets in 2015 alone. Yet, that province will begin to ratchet up its carbon tax each year on April 1 until it hits $50 a tonne in 2021.

(The latest news is that B.C. carbon emissions are virtually UNCHANGED in spite of the carbon cash grab- and that the number of cars registered in the province continues to GROW! LIE-berals are IGNORING the reality that our part time, temporary, temp agency, here today and gone tomorrow type economy requires the modern employee to have MOBILITY and speed that our out dated and overloaded public transit cannot provide!)

(Employers want workers to show up QUICKLY when called in- being MOBILE means more work! And employers frown on employees who have walked a half mile from a bus stop in summer heat before arriving for work covered in sweat - a physical condition not suitable for any retail or public relations type job!!

Alberta’s NDP government is also accelerating coal plant closures, subsidizing renewables, and taxing and regulating carbon dioxide. Their carbon tax increased by 50% to $30 a tonne on Jan. 1.

(The usual out of control NDP spending will ensure that Notley and her gang of fuzzy thinking/ free spending socialists will be gone soon! And LIE-berals are facing the same existentialist threat! It costs cash to buy votes and we are bankrupt! The populace is not receptive to more USELESS and costly socialist virtue signalling on environmental issues!)

(But rthe public si clearly UNWILLING to accept any more LIE-beral tax gouging that would ensure the govt gravy train keeps rolling in luxury! We are engaged in a battle for control of both our economy and our environment- and Hogs are the enemy in BOTH CASES!)

Alberta Premier Rachel Notley defended her carbon tax by suggesting it would have negligible effects on gasoline costs, yet would reduce emissions by incenting some Albertans to walk or take the bus. Critics slammed her as either illogical or hypocritical, and badly out of touch.

(LIE-berals and their idiot cousins of NDP and Green Party are deliberately IGNORING the simple AND EASY solution to carbon trouble- they should be cutting back on gravy for Hogs! Cut back on gravy for Hogs and the people with the biggest OPTIONAL/recreational carbon foot print will cut their output!)

(And as we also know- disturbing a lake shoreline to build docks and other amenities disrupts the habitat of various reptile and other species that are already at risk! Why- cut back on gravy and Hogs might even stop installing those electrically powered air pressure bubble systems at their country estates to prevent ice from building up and damaging their boat docks!)

(Sadly, LIE-berals think it is better to beat up on the waitress who drives her car home from her late shift because she does not feel safe on public transit late at night thanks to LIE-beral hug a thug judges - than it is to condemn Hog carbon usage! After all- LIE-berals spend BILLIONS buying Hog votes and depend on that support for the survival of their party- clearly it is the waitress who insists on driving that is the environmental problem- for LIE-berals!)

(Travelling by air plane is the biggest of all influences on global warming! So what price for a Hog vacation and some rounds of golf in Florida in January? Especially when we are so BROKE that LIE-berals are BORROWING cash to shovel onto the Hog gravy train just so Hogs can get on that environment breaking freedom machine with its carbon heavy life style!)

(The evidence isn IN- cutting back on air travel means IMMEDIATE reductions in global warming! But currently No govt will come out and say that Hog carbon consumption is as bad for our health as sitting in a room full of tobacco smoke- and its MORE COSTLY too!)

Like Trudeau’s encounter with Kathy Katula, it was another example of a green political crusader talking down to the people paying for the crusade.

As taxes and costs rise, promised green jobs fail to materialize, and few others in the world make these sacrifices, Canadians may soon start demanding a new approach that puts affordability on par with sustainability – and political accountability.

(In other news - that ozone depleting chemicals are now coming back into major use around the world indicates how price sensitive we humans are! Affordability must become a key consideration for any new climate ideas! Too bad LIE-berals and their idiot socialist cousins think ONLY of MORE GRAVY- for them!)

Paige MacPherson is a contributing writer to Canadians for Affordable Energy and works for a taxpayer research and advocacy group in Alberta.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Dear beautiful young lady . Please tell your Father to stop strapping explosives on sisters chest before going on a shopping trip . Please ask him to stop hating those who interpret the Koran differently, and please ask him to stop butchering your private’s .

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Dear beautiful young lady . Please tell your Father to stop strapping explosives on sisters chest before going on a shopping trip . Please ask him to stop hating those who interpret the Koran differently, and please ask him to stop butchering your private’s .

Yes- and there SHOULD BE some discussion of Russian Meddling in Syria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And maybe some comments about Chinese Meddling in blood soaked Darfur as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And isnt it odd that Our idiot Boy Justin should choose to verbally attack Saudi Arabia....................

even though Saudis were the first to send aid to Syrians fighting dictator Assad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And is it not strange that Saudis are condemned for leading an Arab coalition in Yemen to halt Iranian backed REBELS trying to install a radical Muslim Caliphate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saudis and Israeli have reached the same fate in the eyes of western LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither group is ALLOWED to defend itself- as far as LIE-berals are concerned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is NOT a pretty picture when Saudis murder a journalist like Khashoggi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is EVEN LESS ATTRACTIVE to get answers regarding the ugly fate of entire COMPANIES of Iranian journalists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONE of these people has clean hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But SOME are definitely cleaner than others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So WHY are our ever hypocritical LIE-berals trying to forgive Iran ............................while condemning Saudi Arabia for fewer and LESSER sins?????????????????????

And why are our LIE-berals trying to kiss up to Beijing Killers?????????????????

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think it is a lot more than 50%

CBSA told to ‘pick up the pace’ on removing rejected refugee claimants

http://globalnews.ca/news/4616341/refugees-canada-cbsa/

OTTAWA – Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale is telling the Canada Border Services Agency to remove more refugee claimants whose requests for asylum in Canada have been rejected.

Now in this country... Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale would be called a Nazi. It seems like liberals in Canada do not like POC and want them out!