H1N1 - Think it will never really touch you?

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Using the Web to monitor Swine Flu outbreaks near you : PC Mike – Tech News and Reviews -

keep track of the swine flu /h1n1 ..I am almost certain these cases are more than likely not verifyed cases but assumed /potential cases, mixed with a bit of common flu, and anything else goin around that resembles a flu ..however ..It's still pretty cool..

I wonder how many people will be added to the flu count for simply calling in sick ?...Good for 3 days off in the winter ..:icon_smile:

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/international-politics/83837-swine-flu-conspiracy-3.html

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

I'm sure that is one of my in-laws...

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Common flu /H1N1 ,swine flu/ others flu type microbes/bacteria /virus's..There's a lot of professionals giving contradictory answers to questions like..

Do flu's mutate?Why do flu's mutuate? Is it because they have a certain incubation period, that is altered one way or another, by one persons ability to fight off some symptoms, and not others?Microbes want to live..So they Evolve(?) ,Mutate..See ..Directed mutation ..Hyper mutation - John Cairns .1988

Directed Mutation - directed mutuation

http://life.bio.sunysb.edu/dykhuizen...l_review03.pdf

There fore,the next obvious question is ..Do flu vaccines actually work?.How do we know this years flu vaccine really works , without next years official results.?,,Microbes will always mutate in order to survive

Is the H1N1 flu in the U.S. the same as the flu in Austrialia/Lybia/China?.

Is there any similarities between the common flu and the Swine/H1N1 flu.?

What happens to unused vaccines?

Why was it called Swine flu?Why is Swine flu now called H1N1?.

Were the "H1N1" and "Common" flu shots mixed together in other regions? What were the effects? ..

Why are no media outlets asking these important questions?..These are all questions I asked when researching this subject...I do not get the vaccine .Never have....I find it a useless ritual..I Have never been severly sick with any flu..Lucky Perhaps.Knock on wood..But each to thier own.Make your own choice.Be sure to post your results here please.:icon_smile:

Flu Vaccines are ultimatley useless.It's a lot of huppla about a risk noone can control...People get sick.It is a fact of life.Microbes are everywhere..Flu Vaccines ,without a proven CURE ,are not the answer and may ,in my personal opinion, actually increase the severity of the flu, in the recipient, the next year.( I've read lots info,done various research,asked many questions about microbes,bacteria/virus', have studied similar and many related scientific subjects, but I'm not a DR...I hold a Wildlife/Ecology Diploma).

I and many others would say, let your immune system fight a flu virus naturally without any drugs.Prevention is always the best course of action..If you get the flu .Try not to let it get you down.Relax ,take a couple days off ..Keep a postive mind , eat your vitamins and try to stay somewhat active.It will pass .Until next year .:icon_smile: So the life cycle goes.

Pregnant women will be given a different shot ?..Showing there are risks to being given the regular vaccine ..There are unknown risks if common flu and H1N1 flu are mixed..In the Southern hemisphere ,where they didn't immunize, they had a usual flu season without needing vaccines.

Don't take my word for it..Do your research make your own dicision ..Either way you go ..There is always a chance of getting a cold, a flu or any bug going around at any given time ..That's just the way it is.The way of the world..No use being paranoid or fearful of all the ways you COULD get sick or die .Keep a postive mind ..Enjoy each day ..Stay away from the public if your sick..Stay away from contagious, sick people, if your healthy..Wash your hands.Sneeze or cough in your sleeve ..It's All you can realistically do.
1 Final question

If microbiologists could steer the mutation of a flu virus into one predictable state..Could they not find a cure ?

..The flu is an airborne virus..unpredictable..Unless it can be manufactured to stay in one state without mutation..HMMMMM? Nah ....Highly Unlikely..
AAAHHHH CCCHHHHEEEWWWWW!!!!

oh oh gotta go. Better call into work sick ..Take a few days off.!:icon_smile:.Just mark it down as H1N1/swine flu .No proof necessary

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The flu virus does mutate. When the virus enters the host cells, the DNA or RNA programs the cell to start manufacturing it's nucleic acids (ribo- or deoxy- types), and component parts to build new virii. During translation/transcription, errors can pop up. Most will be trivial. Some can be substantial. The surface proteins that are constructed for the viral capsid/envelope (this is like the lock which opens the door to new host cells) can change their number/shape/composition, and all of these will mean the potential for changes in pathogenicity. This is why a virus can jump to a new species, or become resistant to drugs. They recognize surface proteins.

The vaccines are giving your immune system the blueprint to recognize the virus. If the surface proteins are changed, then your immune system won't recognize it, and will have to fight the illness the old fashioned way, which means the virus gets a huge head start while your body attempts to map the virus, so it can create the necessary anti-bodies.

The flu shot we get here each year is based on tracking the seasonal flu across the globe. What they get in China, we get later in the year. It does undergo changes of course, but usually these are not so severe that the shots still won't be effective.

The swine flu is different. It is not a flu that has been going around the globe, in a regular fashion. That is the concern.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
This is on the Telus home page today:
B.C. might suspend the seasonal flu shots as early as today, in the wake of a Canadian study that suggests people who get the flu vaccine are twice as likely to contract the H1N1 virus

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
VanIsle.. how did your son and family make out? Did they overcome the scare of H1N1 flu virus? I hope they all made out okay. It sounds like a scarey virus alright!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why bother? It is pure marketing. Eat right, sleep when tired, stay away from booze and your immune system will do the rest.

You get a dose or two of cancer per day and your immune does just fine...until that day YOU screw up and compromise that protection.

Fear, stress and anxiety (the best marketing tools going) will up your odds of contracting the flu more than riding public transit naked.

Brains will get you through the flu better than geting an expensive, unproven, potentially dangerous, purly there for profit vaccine.

Pharmaceuticals are the biggest threat to mankind.

Big pharma's legacy, MRSA is the real pandemic you should be worried about.

There are two antibiotics on the market that can help to fight it and both of them are so strong a large slice of the population has absolutely no chance of being treated. 1 in 10 has it already colonized on their skin, or on the muceous tissues of the nasal anal genitalia.

One day a simple scratch of your ass and it goes into your blood and you are now septic and the fear of every healthcare worker the business.

Good luck with that vaccine. I hope they clean your skin good enough before sticking a needle through that potentially colonized skin.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I work in a hospital and we've had some information sessions about the H1N1.

It's a "heavy" Virus, meaning it doesn't stay airborn like Avian Flu. It falls, but once it's on something, it stays 8 hours, so that whole "wash your hands" thing is a definate good idea.

If you're within 6 ft (as mentioned earlier) of someone with any flu, you can get it, especially airborn ones.

The Vaccine for H1N1 doesn't "cure" it, but it lessens the symptoms so they don't hit as hard or fast. Anyone with immune deficiencies is encouraged to get the H1N1 shot.

Just some of the things we were told - most of it is already public but it doesn't hurt to confirm things.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
You can't control flu mutation or what it will mutuate into..Swine flu is a farce..Too many unknown variables for vaccines to be effective..

Watched on cnn a lady say the flu came from pigs in north amercia...

Here ,someone said ..The pig got it from a mexican working near the pigs ..It's all horse crap.Pardon me.. Pig crap..!.. Good way to keep the money in the medical loop...

Misinformation is rampant and has gone viral ..spewed from the mouths of those who benefit the most from flu vaccines..The medical communitees politicians/promoters, right up to the W.H.O..People will be no better or worse for taking any flu shot..

If anything more possibly worse due to unknown manufactured mutuations..

Last edited:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
VanIsle.. how did your son and family make out? Did they overcome the scare of H1N1 flu virus? I hope they all made out okay. It sounds like a scarey virus alright!
Thank you for asking Diarygirl. Yes, they are fine so far. If they get it they cannot blame the man my son was in contact with because to date they have not shown any signs and it's been a long time now.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Tonight I had to go to the "after hours" clinic to get a sliver out of my finger. I've never done that before but - this was under my nail and so long you could see it through the nail. 4 people had taken a stab at removing it but no one was successful and doing the work I do, I thought at this contagious time of the year - maybe I should get it out.
I walked into the clinic, sat down and then looked around. I was quite shocked at how many people were in the room wearing masks. I move a little to keep my "6" feet away. Three hours later when I got in to see the doctor I asked him if people were just coming in with any kind of flu or did they actually have H1N1. He told me that they have H1N1 and that the whole city is full of it. Seems to me that if they are coming out with a vaccine, they are more than a little late. Not one of the people I saw actually looked sick in any way.

lindyloo646

Nominee Member
Sep 10, 2008
Saskatchewan
I am rather shocked that the Dr. would tell you that those folks had H1N1. That is strictly against confidentiality rules!
What if you had been there and squirming in your seat, would he have told another patient you did indeed have a weak bladder or hemorrhoids? I would not go back to this clinic.
Yes, H1N1 is prevalent. Yes we must take precautions...but face it, people are scared and to blatently point out that these folks had H1N1 scares me even more. People are in a panic state already.
I am unsure what his motive was, but it was wrong. What if you knew one of these people personally? Then, if you were a gossip and told two people you knew that Joe Blow has H1N1...could turn Joe into a leper. People are acting strangely toward those who sniffle or sneeze in public let alone to have it said someone indeed has H1N1.

Just a thought, coming from an RN.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Tonight I had to go to the "after hours" clinic to get a sliver out of my finger. I've never done that before but - this was under my nail and so long you could see it through the nail. 4 people had taken a stab at removing it but no one was successful and doing the work I do, I thought at this contagious time of the year - maybe I should get it out.
I walked into the clinic, sat down and then looked around. I was quite shocked at how many people were in the room wearing masks. I move a little to keep my "6" feet away. Three hours later when I got in to see the doctor I asked him if people were just coming in with any kind of flu or did they actually have H1N1. He told me that they have H1N1 and that the whole city is full of it. Seems to me that if they are coming out with a vaccine, they are more than a little late. Not one of the people I saw actually looked sick in any way.

....did they get the sliver out? :lol:

Before you go crazy and shoot up with this Tamiflu vaccine, consider this.

Tamiflu in Rivers Could Breed Drug-Resistant Flu Strains | Wired Science | Wired.com

I think I'll take my chances with my immune system, which has been flu and cold resistant for nearly 20 years.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I am rather shocked that the Dr. would tell you that those folks had H1N1. That is strictly against confidentiality rules!
What if you had been there and squirming in your seat, would he have told another patient you did indeed have a weak bladder or hemorrhoids? I would not go back to this clinic.
Yes, H1N1 is prevalent. Yes we must take precautions...but face it, people are scared and to blatently point out that these folks had H1N1 scares me even more. People are in a panic state already.
I am unsure what his motive was, but it was wrong. What if you knew one of these people personally? Then, if you were a gossip and told two people you knew that Joe Blow has H1N1...could turn Joe into a leper. People are acting strangely toward those who sniffle or sneeze in public let alone to have it said someone indeed has H1N1.

Just a thought, coming from an RN.
He never broke any rules. Everyone who walked in there that stated openly for all to hear, that they had the flu or were with someone who had the flu, had to immediately put on a mask. Walk in clinics are not exactly private. Telling me that the whole city is full of H1N1 is not exactly giving out any secrets either. Me telling all of you that none of those people appeared sick should tell you that this flu reporting procedure is blown way out of proportion. He also stated that most people pass it on to others long before they know they have it. He did not seem terribly concerned and from what I've recently read - it's pretty much a flu like any other and the usual precautions should be taken and there is probably little else that can be done. If we are un-lucky enough to come down with any flu, we get sick. Sometimes really sick. Like every other year - we hope we don't get it.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
....did they get the sliver out? :lol:

Before you go crazy and shoot up with this Tamiflu vaccine, consider this.

Tamiflu in Rivers Could Breed Drug-Resistant Flu Strains | Wired Science | Wired.com

I think I'll take my chances with my immune system, which has been flu and cold resistant for nearly 20 years.
Yes - he got the sliver out. It's embarrassing to go to a doctor to have a sliver removed but no one could seem to do it. He actually had to freeze my finger to get the job done so maybe I wasn't being quite the "baby" I was feeling like I was.:lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
He told me that they have H1N1 and that the whole city is full of it. Seems to me that if they are coming out with a vaccine, they are more than a little late. Not one of the people I saw actually looked sick in any way.

I wonder how he knew they had H1N1 - had their test results come back, and they were there for follow up?