Gunfire, Explosions After MIT Cop Shot Dead

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Maybe you're just wrong.

That's quite possible but virtually every Conservative supporter I know doesn't trust the government to responsibly run the health care system but trusts them to responsibility run an effective legal system. I wonder why?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It very well could be more humane but, since the government generally screws up everything it touches, I personally would prefer not giving them the right to kill me. That's one thing I find odd about the whole death penalty debate; those on the extreme right are the ones that have the least trust of government yet are the ones most likely to want to give it the ability to kill its citizens. I find that strange.
lmfao...yes they do screw up everything they touch...as for the extreme right supporting the death penalty and why they would do so, there is a thread around here on the difference between progressive and liberal... listen to it...it tells you exactly why there is the disparity...it's about doing it my way...doesn't matter about right or wrong...that doesn't enter into it...if the government does it my way, there is zero need to change anything.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That's quite possible but virtually every Conservative supporter I know doesn't trust the government to responsibly run the health care system but trusts them to responsibility run an effective legal system. I wonder why?

I'm a conservative...

I do not trust them to run the health care system... nor am I a supporter of capital punishment.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The church of reality.....
I suspect yours is the church of fantasy....

Oh reality church ! You know the two words aren't normally associated unless you're talking about the wooden parts eh. I got mine in a skool.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
But you aren't a Conservative supporter

Oh yes I am. Very much so.

Sorry it doesn't fit your preconceived prejudices.

Sure he is. Nowhere does it say you can't be a conservative and be against capital punishment. ES is just the exception and not the rule.

Maybe on Capital Punishment. However my liberal lock solid Democrat state of Massachusetts state government refused to allow its people to vote on whether they wanted our state to reestablish the Death Penalty. Why? Because the numbers were not in the favor of the liberals on it and there was a very good chance it would be passed.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Can you give us a quick summary Cliff?

(Do we need our tinfoil hats?)
Well, we can look at things from all angles or we can stick our heads in the sand and ignore anything that doesn't agree with our preconceived notions of reality (well they're not really our own, are they?)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well, we can look at things from all angles or we can stick our heads in the sand and ignore anything that doesn't agree with our preconceived notions of reality (well they're not really our own, are they?)

So I imagine it says the government did it and these two men are innocent?