Gun Control is Completely Useless.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Impotent MAGAhats who never had the balls to serve:

Gosh T-bonesforbrains....................................................

YOU TALK A LOT ABOUT "BALLS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you so obsessed with them?????????????????????????

Or dont you have any of your own?????????????????????????????

That FUNCTION PROPERLY??????????????????????????????????????

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Gosh T-bonesforbrains....................................................

YOU TALK A LOT ABOUT "BALLS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you so obsessed with them?????????????????????????

Or dont you have any of your own?????????????????????????????

That FUNCTION PROPERLY??????????????????????????????????????

I guess that he doesn't need his guns as substitute balls, anyway.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
on the plus side these latest shootings have kept clompy offline.

he is waiting a couple of days for the furor to die down before resuming his lie-a-thon about guns.

like the NRA

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
on the plus side these latest shootings have kept clompy offline.

he is waiting a couple of days for the furor to die down before resuming his lie-a-thon about guns.

like the NRA

This habitual and chronic dialogue about guns being the cause of massacres is getting very tiresome. Guns have no mind and have no capacity for making decisions. Put the blame where it belongs...……………………..on the perpetrator and then we can start to deal logically with the problem!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
This habitual and chronic dialogue about guns being the cause of massacres is getting very tiresome. Guns have no mind and have no capacity for making decisions. Put the blame where it belongs...……………………..on the perpetrator and then we can start to deal logically with the problem!
yeah, ladders are just as dangerous .yadda-yadda.

Cripes but you are an unintelligent specimen...

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Been to Rochester post-Kodak and post-Xerox?
It used to be a nice, little city.
Bullshit.

From wiki:The 25th edition of the Places Rated Almanac rated Rochester as the "most livable city" in 2007, among 379 U.S. metropolitan areas.[7] In 2010, Forbes rated Rochester as the third-best place to raise a family in the United States.[8] In 2012, Kiplinger rated Rochester as the fifth-best city in the United States for families, citing low cost of living, top public schools, and a low jobless rate.[9]

Those dates are post Kodak and Xerox.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Bullshit.
From wiki:The 25th edition of the Places Rated Almanac rated Rochester as the "most livable city" in 2007, among 379 U.S. metropolitan areas.[7] In 2010, Forbes rated Rochester as the third-best place to raise a family in the United States.[8] In 2012, Kiplinger rated Rochester as the fifth-best city in the United States for families, citing low cost of living, top public schools, and a low jobless rate.[9]
Those dates are post Kodak and Xerox.
Apparently, you've never been there. I've been there a lot. It's a post-industrial nightmare, like Detroit is. If your travel guide ousts it as "liveable", it's because so many people have left.

If Rochester is the fifth best at anything, it shows how far conditions have deteriorated in the crumbling Republic.

They've got a nice University, there. It's all that's left.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
A briefing note on the national consultations, released last fall by Public Safety Canada, said that a ban would "primarily affect" collectors and sport shooters who own most of the country's 900,000 registered handguns, while having only an "indirect" impact on the illicit market by reducing the number of weapons that could be potentially diverted or stolen.

The report also suggests that the evidence on the effectiveness of gun bans remains inconclusive.

"In all cases, the data does not conclusively demonstrate that these handgun or assault weapon bans have led to reductions in gun violence, though some studies drew other conclusions," it said. "The variation in study results reflects the fact that patterns of gun violence are influenced by many factors and the impact cannot be attributed to one factor."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/handgun-ban-election-promise-1.5238111

So....are they going to pay for them if they seize? That would cost (at $500 per handgun, too little for most) 450 million dollars!

And it is still armed robbery by the state.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A briefing note on the national consultations, released last fall by Public Safety Canada, said that a ban would "primarily affect" collectors and sport shooters who own most of the country's 900,000 registered handguns, while having only an "indirect" impact on the illicit market by reducing the number of weapons that could be potentially diverted or stolen.
The report also suggests that the evidence on the effectiveness of gun bans remains inconclusive.
"In all cases, the data does not conclusively demonstrate that these handgun or assault weapon bans have led to reductions in gun violence, though some studies drew other conclusions," it said. "The variation in study results reflects the fact that patterns of gun violence are influenced by many factors and the impact cannot be attributed to one factor."

Are you allowed to transfer (sell) your "assault weapons?" I won't quibble over the definition, we both know what I mean.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Are you allowed to transfer (sell) your "assault weapons?" I won't quibble over the definition, we both know what I mean.

Depends.

I have an FN FAL, that is registered, prohibited (grandfathered) that I can not take out of the house. I can only sell it to someone that already has prohibited (grandfathered) rifles, which essentially means I can't sell it. Too few potential buyers, and why buy something you can't take out of the house?

AR 15s, and several other types are restricted, and registered, which means they can only be used at ranges. They are, however, quite popular, and can be sold and traded among those that have restricted licenses. This is very common.

Some, like the Mini 14, the SKS, m305 (Chinese semi M14 copy) are not restricted, and not registered, and can be bought and sold by anyone with a basic firearms license.

Not long ago (10years?) you could buy a Chinese SKS brand new for $100 CDN. Now they are a little more than double that price, but damned cheap for a knock around, or a cheap close range deer rifle. They are a LOT of them around.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
There's a laugh!

And what would you base that on?.........considering you don't know me on any level that would indicate my morality.....or lack thereof.

I'll tell you one thing I do know about you.......you are not intellectually competent enough to be trusted with a child's education.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMRADE CURIOUS has no interest in learning.........................................

about EITHER morals or logic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Depends.
I have an FN FAL, that is registered, prohibited (grandfathered) that I can not take out of the house. I can only sell it to someone that already has prohibited (grandfathered) rifles, which essentially means I can't sell it. Too few potential buyers, and why buy something you can't take out of the house?
AR 15s, and several other types are restricted, and registered, which means they can only be used at ranges. They are, however, quite popular, and can be sold and traded among those that have restricted licenses. This is very common.
Some, like the Mini 14, the SKS, m305 (Chinese semi M14 copy) are not restricted, and not registered, and can be bought and sold by anyone with a basic firearms license.
Not long ago (10years?) you could buy a Chinese SKS brand new for $100 CDN. Now they are a little more than double that price, but damned cheap for a knock around, or a cheap close range deer rifle. They are a LOT of them around.
Wow. Complicated.

Yeah, I had an SKS. Back in the day it was about the best 100-dollar rifle you could buy. I got rid of it because I just really don't like the 7.62 x 39 format.

I will make this argument for academic purposes. If we were to ban "assault weapons" going forward (by which I mean a class ban on all rifles capable of accepting a detachable box magazine), and restrict resale, it would make it harder for a young man to get one, and young men seem to be most of the mass shooting perps.

Yay! We've just solved maybe half of 2-3% of the U.S. gun homicide problem! Let's go get a beer!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

So....are they going to pay for them if they seize? That would cost (at $500 per handgun, too little for most) 450 million dollars!

And it is still armed robbery by the state.

Evidence on gun bans is INCONCLUSIVE????????????????????????

The truth is CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a society that is disarmed.....................................

only the criminals have guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is ONLY LIE-berals who claim that a gun ban will solve anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if adding a new law to the EXISTING ONES THAT ARE BEING IGNORED.......................................

by BOTH CRIMINALS ........................................

and by the hug a thug LIE-beral judges WHO PLEA BARGAIN SERIOUS CRIME..................................

INTO MINOR MISS-DEMEANORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The criminal who has a pistol has ALREADY BROKEN LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First by purchasing the gun WITHOUT passing the background security check.........................

that criminals CANNOT PASS.........................

because they ARE criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly - the gang banger opening fire on the street.....................................

is CLEARLY NOT at a licensed shooting range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thirdly- the weapon on the street is NOT SECURED using a trigger lock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fourth - the weapon is NOT IN A LOCKED CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fifth - the weapon is loaded - which CLEARLY MEANS that the ammunition is NOT being stored SEPARATE FROM THE GUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sixth - there is that PESKY ATTEMPTED ASSAULT CHARGE simply for firing the gun even if you do not hit your enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seventh - there ARE RESTRICTIONS PROHIBITING the use of ANY CLASS of firearm in urban areas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lastly - LIE-berals INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE by claiming they are deterring crime by allowing both plea bargaining................

AND allowing concurrent sentencing of vicious criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals see nothing wrong with convicting a criminal of FOUR SEPARATE CHARGES.................................

each of which would carry a TWO YEAR SENTENCE...................................

and thus there SHOULD BE A TOTAL OF EIGHT YEARS jail time for the criminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But thanks to the LIE-beral legal magic..................................

the convicted criminal serves only two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meaning TWO YEARS PENANCE FOR EIGHT YEARS WORTH OF CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such is the POISONED VERSION of LIE-beral justice and logic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
LILLEY: Gun bans won’t work, let’s deal with the real issues

Numerous handguns and long guns have been seized during Project Renner, an eight month multi-jurisdictional investigation into the illegal manufacturing and trafficking of restricted firearms. OPP handout

From Toronto Mayor John Tory to the editorial board of the Globe and Mail, the Ontario NDP and more — there are calls for one simple thing that will keep us safe from future gun crime in Canada: Banning handguns.

“I remain firmly of the belief that a handgun ban will help us address the gun violence we are experiencing in our city and the surrounding region,” Mayor Tory said on Twitter.

Well, that is all well and good, but the gun crime happening in Toronto and across Canada is being carried out by those who don’t care about such bans.

It is amazing to me that some think that banning handguns will somehow make criminals suddenly jump up and take notice.

Those carrying illegal handguns are already in violation of about a half-dozen criminal code offences, including illegal possession of a firearm, illegal transportation of a firearm and more.

Yet suddenly, these criminal code violations —which can lead to multi-year prison sentences — will prompt criminals to drop their illegal guns if we add a ban on top of everything.

It isn’t realistic.

That didn’t stop the Globe and Mail from opining on the issue in an editorial earlier this week.
“Canada has to reduce the availability of the type of gun most commonly used in urban shootings: the handgun,” the Globe said.

“A ban on handgun and ammo sales in urban areas is a part of the solution … we have to do everything we can to tackle gun violence,” Ontario NDP deputy leader Sarah Singh said in a statement.

That would be great, and maybe might even work if the source of handguns used by Canada’s criminals weren’t smuggled into the country from the United States.

We share the longest undefended border in the world with the largest gun market in the world, America..

It doesn’t matter what John Tory thinks, what the NDP thinks or the Globe editorial board thinks — banning handguns simply will not work.

So far, Ontario Premier Doug Ford is not ready to change his mind on the issue.

“We don’t believe it’s an effective way to combat guns and gangs,“ said Ford press secretary Ivana Yelich.

And with that, Ford is right.

What we need is greater emphasis on stopping the guns at the border — something I’m happy to say the Trudeau government has spent money on.

We need to make sure local police across the country have the resources to tackle the issue of smuggled guns, so fewer American guns end up on our streets.

Banning handguns will only take them away from law-abiding citizens and leave them in the hands of people that won’t heed to this ban, or any other law.

If we are going to deal with gun crime — let’s deal with the real issues.

https://torontosun.com/news/crime/lilley-gun-bans-wont-work-lets-deal-with-the-real-issues