Granny shoots balls off Rapists

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
No Colpy!

When good Christians used to gather at nigger-lynchings in the town square, that behavior was based on the precept that the black wasn't a human!

As soon as you hand life and death decisions to people so prepared to bring judgment based on reaction and emotion and "morality".....you begin to erode that very system of laws that you claim is justification for everything from Israel to sweatshops!

Throw away the system says Colpy!

Sounds awfully like an admission of defeat.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Or better yet... Karries oldest male child is sitting in a car and an enraged old woman thinks he looks like the person who raped her daughter...and blows the family jewels out the other side of the car.....

Well that's OK....her eyesight was poor and her memory not as reliable as it should perhaps be...but hey she was getting justice done for her daughter!

I'm not about to let you get away with muddying it with false id's, since such isn't the case here. She took care id'ing them. And I've never implied that it would be okay to strike down laws against vigilantism, but this woman did it right. Kudos to her. She had her evidence (even if you don't believe the carjack victim was raped because of some twisted logic that apparently she liked it and just said no AFTER), she made sure she'd id'ed them... Go Granny.

And thanks for dragging my family into it Mikey... real classy debate tactic.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Hey Karrie....YOUR FAMILY IS IN IT!

You might like to believe that you live in some insulated bubble in the middle of Never-Never land.....but when someone who "thinks" it's OK to take your food because their children are starving and you happen to be in the way....then you have to die....

When we revert to barbarism we undo the Industrial Revolution, we undo The Enlightenment, we return to the caves and the swamp.

Laws are necessarily plastic in nature and in application. And this "law" applies to your family as well....whether you like it or not!

I have absolutely no problem with the death penalty....there are far too many people sitting on death row who should have had to explain their actions to their respective "makers".... But YOU didn't make them and I didn't make them....

If you're happy with the notion that "law" and for that matter "justice" are as concepts something better left up to the individual....

Your argument might have merit except that humans have demonstrated time and time again that they'll ignore what they don't like...and change their principles to accomodate their appetites....

You have an appetite for unfettered revenge and the "idea" of this instance "excites" you....

We go through life watching as all around us justice and law are crushed under the heel of greed and "power"....you think that this old woman has taken back her "power" by delivering what you think are the "just-desserts" in a situation that cried out for justice.

When we accept that the "right thing to do" is give free reign to our impulses and our emotions....we either accept the consequences of that decision on all of us all the time and dispense with all the alligator tears over L'Ecole Polytechnique and Vigina Tech or we subscribe to the thesis that a man is innocent until proven guilty....IN A COURT OF LAW...not the blind rage of a suffering woman....not at the whim of the racist and the religious radical...but according to precepts of law.

This reality applies to everyone Karrie.....including your children!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Or better yet... Karries oldest male child is sitting in a car and an enraged old woman thinks he looks like the person who raped her daughter...and blows the family jewels out the other side of the car.....

Well that's OK....her eyesight was poor and her memory not as reliable as it should perhaps be...but hey she was getting justice done for her daughter!

I believe Kerrie was referring to this 'one' case, which has the facts. You a blowing it out
into the wind by making up all sorts of 'possibilities' in other 'possible cases', as to what
could 'possibly' happen, which has no bearing on this case.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Talloolla

The decision and action taken by this grandmother isn't open to reversal and correction. But I'm beginning to appreciate how fluid a notion the ideas of "justice" and "law" are to participants here at Canadian Content.

No wonder it takes pages to talk about what's happeing.....

We can each take a particular perspective....and base our conclusions on our "beliefs" or our "system of laws".....

Gosh but these things work so well sometimes...but alas we must be willing to set them as our appetites demand.....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You have an appetite for unfettered revenge and the "idea" of this instance "excites" you....

Oh really? I do? How so. Is it my take AGAINST the death penalty or against the war that shows my unfettered appetite for revenge Mikey? Is it my belief that we SHOULD push rehabilitation in our prison system? I can see where it's completely unfettered yeah. mm-hmm.

It's all well and good that you live in some imaginary black and white world where people are either with the law and right, or against the law and wrong, but the natural world rarely works that way.

And to clarify, what she did was wrong, but I still think they deserved it. And I still think if it started happening more often, rapes would drop. Would I excuse it? No. Therein lies an assumption YOU made in regards to my view. YOU decided to unfetter my view and extrapolate it out.

Frankly, I'd rather be gleefully cheering on the granny, than sitting around implying that this young girl who was carjacked, had really asked for the two men to do what they did to her and put her in the hospital. Speaking of unfettered appetites, you might want to check where THAT kind of thinking comes from.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hold on a minute here. If Granny had gone to the police and let justice run it's course, what punishment would these two have gotten. With no other witnesses, they very well might have got away with it. As it was Granny took the trouble to photograph them and confirmed their ID before she took any action. She only shot the offending parts......I might have been inclined to shoot them between the eyes. In any case, when she was finished, Granny went to the police station and turned herself in. Her punishment will be up to the judge or jury unless public sentiment forces the court to release her, which I think, would be justice all around.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Talloolla

The decision and action taken by this grandmother isn't open to reversal and correction.

The rape of the grandaughter isn't open to reversal or correction either.

Or, would you say to her, " Get over it, you'll live to see another day", well, the same can be
said to the rapist.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Talloola

No even killing her attackers can't do that.

But as I've said....a plethora of participants at CC seem entirely prepared to cheer lawlessness and murder. Got it!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Talloola

No even killing her attackers can't do that.

But as I've said....a plethora of participants at CC seem entirely prepared to cheer lawlessness and murder. Got it!

No, that's not how I 'get it' at all.
The law is many times so inept at doing the 'right' thing, that, when something like this happens, it is only
human nature to 'cheer', which doesn't mean that all of us have forgotton what is 'right' and what is 'wrong',
not at all.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
The decision about "right" and "wrong"....

According to many here at CC, there's nothing "wrong" with taking the law into your own hands. It's that simple.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Whether or not the granny is in the right is based upon your own moral views on how society should be formed.

Based on "Whats right" or "Whats legal".

Both have their failings, whats right is entirely subjective and there are more than enough documented abuses.

Whats legal is very objective, with the problem that its also very easy to simply change laws. Even without that, you have the issue of laws being too rigid to solve anything. The law being everything also has has its own long history of documented abuses.

Me, I generally prefer law and order to vigilantism, but thats because as MikeyDB says, you never know if a Vigilante is capable or not.

In theory the best form of governance is a benevolent dictatorship, the only problem is finding a benevolent dictator.

In this case I agree with the Grandmother, everything happened to turn out for the best. Im not so gullible as to think that would be the most likely outcome if this were a repeated behaviour.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
....a plethora of participants at CC seem entirely prepared to cheer lawlessness and murder. Got it!

I don't even think it's okay for the gov to kill criminals, let alone a vigilante. Men CAN live, even without their genitals intact BTW. This wasn't murder. It wasn't even intended to be murder.

Reactions: Zzarchov

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I think part of what women tend to assume men don't understand about rape, is that women can be as severely damaged by rape as these men were by the gun. Yes, it was a thought out thing, it was against the law, it was violent and it lowers a person to their level. But, if it can drive home to them for even one second, the kind of damage they do when they decide to rape someone, then I can't help but feel a bit like that's justified on some level. The permanent scarring, the possible loss of use, the pain, the healing, the trauma... seem quite fitting. I know men tend to not think the same way about women's genitals because ours are all tucked away where you're not necessarily going to notice if a woman can't have kids because of what some freak (I won't say man.. it's a disservice to men to label rapists such) did to her. Even if you're her lover you might not see the scarring. But that doesn't mean the damage isn't there, that hospitals don't have to treat this sort of thing on a regular basis.

And yet, it makes the news when a man's genitals get damaged through some act of violence. When it happens to women, it gets shuffled away, it's not news worthy. It even gets brushed off as 'maybe she wanted it', by some twisted members of society. The rape of women is probably one of the least understood violences out there in our society. And yeah, it will probably show in our reactions to such vigilantism. It will, I guarantee it.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
What i like about her actions is that the rapists have the rest of their lives to wallow in pity about their missing jewels. kill:xing them is too quick and easy.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Granny shoots balls off Rapists

One of the best thread titles in CC history. (btw I picture this woman to be Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No Colpy!

When good Christians used to gather at nigger-lynchings in the town square, that behavior was based on the precept that the black wasn't a human!

As soon as you hand life and death decisions to people so prepared to bring judgment based on reaction and emotion and "morality".....you begin to erode that very system of laws that you claim is justification for everything from Israel to sweatshops!

Throw away the system says Colpy!

Sounds awfully like an admission of defeat.

Excuse me?

Did I not say take her to trial? By judge and jury?

And good luck with that?

All in the very best traditions of English Common Law......juries EXIST to ensure justice is done, no matter what the letter of the law says.

I don't want to throw the system out.......I want it purified back to its roots.

BTW, jury nullification of the law is completely legitimate.....see the Canadian Supreme Court decision on the Mortengaler case (1984, I believe)

Juries can, and should, ignore the letter of the law when justice is at stake.......

You are 180 degrees wrong about my stance on this one!

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
The old lady spent a week hunting them down
That was one pissed grandmother with a 9-mm pistol in her bag for a "week".Its a good job she had good "Eyesight" and got the right guy.!
who cares what happen to him if it was him the scum .

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Did any of you guys watch 'Boston Legal' or whatever it's called? There was an interesting story line with a woman who killed the guy who killed her daughter...the defense summation was quite interesting.