George W. Bush on Leno

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Nobody is getting Health Care for free? Your head is deep in the sand.

No entitlement plan is free. Money doesn't come out of thin air.

I complained about corporate subsidies... and I say that the Congress should not have passed Obamacare.

Clear now?

Haha, those are two completely different issues.

You were worried that if the insurance companies were not involved that they would go out of business. I don't care if they do, the laws shouldn't be crafted to make money for them.

Oh but they did! Certain companies... Unions... exemptions... all to get this passed.

The middle class is going to take it.

Ya, it is unfortunate that the US government so so prone to that kind of stuff. It would be much better if they could eliminate all that noise.

Oh I know! There is a whole bevy of things. All prices and taxes will climb.

If more stuff is covered under the plan it means less out of pocket expense.

She was one example of the millions that are getting screwed like her. I don't feel like cutting and pasting for eternity of the horror stories.

This simply isn't an objective way to evaluate the program.

The care was always there... you have to go get it. Obamacare cannot and will change life styles.

Well, no, it isn't always accessible. If you can't get a doctor you can't get the care. There is no mandate for doctors to provide preventative care to people who can't pay for it and many people on government programs like medicaid are not able to get this kind of care because the rate that paid out is too low.

Sorry Ruff... people just won't be silent because you and the Administration wants them to be. I know it would be convenient but.

People who have enrolled know they are getting a royal screwing so they are mad and are speaking out. They have been lied to and they are letting everyone know.

Who told you to be silent? I'm simply stating the fact that we can't know the true impact of the program until we get some actual data on how it is working.

I have insurance and we in Massachusetts have a similar plan like the ACA... my Doc says go to the ER when I am sick.

Facts suck don't they?

And suddenly Doctors will be able to clear their schedules for them because of Obamacare?

Keep going.

You are not following what I said. I am talking about people who simply can't get a doctor and have to go to the ER for all of their medical needs. You have a doctor and can get routine stuff done in their office and that will be the same for more people if more people have insurance.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
No entitlement plan is free. Money doesn't come out of thin air.

Yet people get entitlements for free.

Haha, those are two completely different issues.

I knew you'd catch on eventually!

You were worried that if the insurance companies were not involved that they would go out of business. I don't care if they do, the laws shouldn't be crafted to make money for them.

Yet they were crafted. Without the insurance companies the ACA does not work.

I do not worry about insurance companies and their bottom line. You shouldn't be surprised that a company actually wants to make a profit and protect themselves.

If more stuff is covered under the plan it means less out of pocket expense.

The more you buy the more you save?

Well it was a hopeful statement... the reality is that if you have a job you will be paying more.

Who told you to be silent? I'm simply stating the fact that we can't know the true impact of the program until we get some actual data on how it is working.

We are getting real data... people are really losing their plans after being told they could keep them. People losing their plans are finding out they will be paying more. People getting health care for the first time are finding out they won't be getting subsidies after all.

Badabing!

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Yet people get entitlements for free.

I feel like you are being deliberately obtuse on this one.

This new plan doesn't create a new entitlement. The US does not currently have a system where you just let everyone fend for themselves. The ACA just changes how this care is provided.

Yet they were crafted. Without the insurance companies the ACA does not work.

I do not worry about insurance companies and their bottom line. You shouldn't be surprised that a company actually wants to make a profit and protect themselves.

Nobody said they were surprised the companies act in their own self interest. The fact is that their private profit motive is not always compatible with maximizing the benefit to society.

The more you buy the more you save?

Well it was a hopeful statement... the reality is that if you have a job you will be paying more.

It is a pretty simple concept. You don't need to pay out of pocket at the time of services being provided for the amount that your insurance covers. If you have insurance that covers more things, you will be paying less out of pocket when getting medical services.

We are getting real data... people are really losing their plans after being told they could keep them. People losing their plans are finding out they will be paying more. People getting health care for the first time are finding out they won't be getting subsidies after all.

Badabing!

Health care is about more than just signing up for the plan. Registration has gone horribly, no question, but we have no data on what impact the actual health care plans will have.