Gatineau Hospital Orderly Suspended After Telling Patient to Speak French

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And then we have the time spent by the family unit to work thru this as a family.

And pampering by parents is not just for people with ADD/ADHD.

and there is a major difference between these 2 statements.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
And pampering by parents is not just for people with ADD/ADHD.

Too true. I read an interesting article a couple years ago about schizophrenia and how people who were less coddled by their parents, had better outcomes and were more likely to stay on their meds.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes they did, and they are doing quite well for themselves now. Unlike some others I know who were "pampered" and "excused" for their behaviour.

I've know a few teens and young adults that have really poor coping skills because they were overly pampered as kids. It's a horrible thing to do to your kids.

I recall years ago listening to some new age mother to be ramble on about how she wanted her child to have "positive experiences only" and would refrain from using words like "no". She was not going to say no to this child. Can you imagine the trauma that kid probably went through at school the first time someone said no?

(Actually I rather doubt she followed through on that one to be honest, I can't help but think these "professional pre-moms" change their tune when they get the dose of reality that is actually having children!)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Under Quebec law of Napoleon, the hospital could face a lawsuit maybe.
They don't follow common law like the rest of Canada. They fund their own courts,
And are based on the French code of law.

Some of the difference I know, are
If you give a establishment your jacket in a coat check in Canada.
They are not liable for missing objects or damages when they give it back.
In Quebec the establishment is liable for missing objects or damages.

If you know First aid, and don't stop to help, in Quebec, you could face severe charges,
The law is less severe in the rest of Canada unless you are at work.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
What I am saying is people at times snap- there may be a reason for this, not an excuse, but a mitigating factor.
As Karrie mentions an HR issue, but possible that HR brushed it off. I have seen that on occasion.
Every prov in Canada is cutting positions in Hospitals.
Just broadening the conversation to what is not reported.
Hm I have a problem with shifting this solely to HR especially if there is a union involved.

To do so, one would have to prove said employee has displayed unstable behaviour in the past. That it has been documented. That his supervisor has spoken to him about it and that he has signed off on it. That he was aware further behavior would result in dismissal. Regardless he still needs to be off the job no?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
And then we have the time spent by the family unit to work thru this as a family.

And pampering by parents is not just done by parents of children with ADD/ADHD. Some parents make pampering an integral part of raising a child.

I know nothing about these illnesses.
Bump- Needed clarification- Apologize for my haste.
This should clarify what I meant to post.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Hm I have a problem with shifting this solely to HR especially if there is a union involved.

To do so, one would have to prove said employee has displayed unstable behaviour in the past. That it has been documented. That his supervisor has spoken to him about it and that he has signed off on it. That he was aware further behavior would result in dismissal. Regardless he still needs to be off the job no?

In Quebec, Even hair stylist are in a Union.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Yes. But, typically speaking in Canada, hurt feelings when a person acts outside the policies of the business or institution, does not mean you can sue. Contrary to what tv tells us, lawsuits aren't that simple.

Best you check a little closer on the HRC.s in Canada.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
and what do I say they should do?

You think they should leave and find another land-mass to live on. Well guess what, same goes for the natives that want to be separate from Canada. Me, I'm just as happy to split the land at the Ontario/Manitoba border and all the french and all the indians can have the east while us in the west can stop paying billions and billions to support both freeloading groups.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You think they should leave and find another land-mass to live on. Well guess what, same goes for the natives that want to be separate from Canada. Me, I'm just as happy to split the land at the Ontario/Manitoba border and all the french and all the indians can have the east while us in the west can stop paying billions and billions to support both freeloading groups.

Big difference, the Natives were never defeated in war, they have never given up their sovereignty. The French did both at the Plains of Abraham and after.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Big difference, the Natives were never defeated in war, they have never given up their sovereignty. The French did both at the Plains of Abraham and after.

They were given a chance to quit before they were slaughtered. They want to fight about sovereignty in what is now our country we can finish the job. Otherwise, to use your words, suck it up buttercup!!!!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
They were given a chance to quit before they were slaughtered. They want to fight about sovereignty in what is now our country we can finish the job. Otherwise, to use your words, suck it up buttercup!!!!

You must get really pi ssed off with out laws and the Supreme Court, because they all disagree with you.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You must get really pi ssed off with out laws and the Supreme Court, because they all disagree with you.

Actually yes. I don't see why we should be pandering to groups that want to be separate from Canada and Canadian laws but still have my tax dollars to support them. I sick and tired of people with their hands out. I don't care what happened 400 years ago or 100 years ago or even 10 years ago, none of it can be changed so put the big girl panties on and pay your own f*cking way through life in Canada and as a Canadian or f*ck off.