Galloway Won't Go Away

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
He's taking his grievance to the courts, that is what a person is supposed to do.

Here is that original video I mentioned earlier, I really hope you can remember the specifics of that particular post. If the JDL was 'very active' in this they would be on TV instead of the Canadian Govt spokesperson, oh wait it was an Israeli speaking for the people of Canada. First he says they will do the investigations then right at the end he says it will be the Gov of Canada that investigates (in great detail meaning great expense)
Anyway that was the video that gave me a first impression of the situation.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Technically, Galloway never gave any cash or even humanitarian aid to Hamas. He was at most a participant in a humanitarian aid convoy which was a registered charity. He is not on the charity's organizations board of directors, and had no authority to handle cash.

Therefore, these people better apologize for their defamatory remarks they made in ignorance of Galloway's relationship to this charitable organization. Otherwise as a sitting MP, he has the backing of the British government to pay for lawyers....

I'm looking forward to the court case. At a minimum it should prove entertaining and raise Canadian awareness of Israel's ongoing war crimes and crimes against humanity which triggered this humanitarian aid convoy.

Please keep this string civil

Bull****.

Let us, just for a moment, pretend that everything you said in the first paragraph is true. I most emphatically think that it is actually a huge stinking pile of bovine excrement, but we'll pretend, just like little kids.

George Galloway is a public figure, one who is apt to attract media attention.......and one who lends to any cause he becomes intimately connected to the aura of respectability usually given persons of his position as a long-time British Member of Parliament.

Mr. Galloway has enthusiastically lent that support to an organization that was supplying Hamas with not only humanitarian aid, but cash......and George Galloway knew it....it fact he encouraged and aided in the process.

Hamas is, under Canadian law, a terrorist organization. And rightfully so. AND George Galloway knows that.

Therefore George Galloway supports terrorism.

Case closed.

Galloway will drop it before it gets to court.....or he will if the media just ignores him.

He is a bottom-feeder of the worst kind.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There are much worse than him.

Here is how Hamas go on the terror watch list. After 20 years of military occupation they declared that they were also going to use force. Against a Nation that has a budget that includes $3B in weapons as a gift from the American people. That obviously means they have not ruled out the use of violence, the proof is only a few months old.

Since then there have been several attempts at having periods of calm. They have the rights to regain all the lost territory through the courts. Any prior agreements that gave the indigenous people certain right have been totally broken in every manner. Acts deemed to be war-crimes were used against the people Hamas represents, their acts can be brought up to the war-crimes court by Israel, why is she reluctant to do so if her case is so strong.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Yes Galloway lent his support to a registered charity. He may even have given cash personally to that charity. But it was the charity and not Galloway who gave money to the democratically elected government of the Palestinians, not Galloway.

The guy is clever as well as a loud mouth. I think he will win his day in court...

In the opinion of the world Court, Israel is guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity. Maybe our government should not take sides in this dispute and follow Galloway's lead and instead just support registered charities which do humanitarian work, rather than war criminals.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yes Galloway lent his support to a registered charity. He may even have given cash personally to that charity. But it was the charity and not Galloway who gave money to the democratically elected government of the Palestinians, not Galloway.

The guy is clever as well as a loud mouth. I think he will win his day in court...

In the opinion of the world Court, Israel is guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity. Maybe our government should not take sides in this dispute and follow Galloway's lead and instead just support registered charities which do humanitarian work, rather than war criminals.

EaO, try and listen...Under Canadian law, if you give money to a charity, and you know that charity funnels it to a terrorist organization, then you are guilty of supporting terrorism. That is the law.

Galloway has not a leg to stand on.

Israel is not a factor in this equation.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
EaO, try and listen...Under Canadian law, if you give money to a charity, and you know that charity funnels it to a terrorist organization, then you are guilty of supporting terrorism. That is the law.

This Judge wasn't quite so sure about that and he states why a court fight would result in a decision that would favor his attempt to help the citizens of a bombed and blockaded area. "simply represents a symbolic gesture and political statement made by pacifists through the provision of humanitarian aid to the Palestinian people of Gaza."

TheStar.com | Canada | Judge denies Galloway's bid to enter Canada
The judge noted there is some evidence that may back Galloway's claim the matter had been "prejudged" and the result of "external lobbying" and "political influence," but he declined to overturn the decision "which is alleged to be one made in bad faith and politically motivated."
"It is not necessary that I express an opinion on the admissibility or reliability of such hearsay evidence. Suffice it to say that the arguments raised by the applicants are not frivolous or vexatious," said Martineau.

The judge said if Galloway chooses to further challenge the federal government's decision, a court will likely have to grapple with the question of whether his participation in the aid convoy or any personal financial support for the convoy should be considered "engaging in terrorism" or whether it "simply represents a symbolic gesture and political statement made by pacifists through the provision of humanitarian aid to the Palestinian people of Gaza."

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
That's a valid point, why did the Israeli lobbyists open their mouth in the first place, Canada should send them the court's bill.

I disagree MHz. The Jewish Defense League has every right to expect the Canadian government will enforce Canada's laws without spending a dime just by sending an open letter sent to the appropriate officials. In this case, I believe the Canadian government and the JDL will lose their case. I expect Galloway will arrive in some official capacity on British taxpayer's dime to defend himself.

Galloway never gave Hamas anything. He supported a registered British charity. Hardly sounds evil, considering that charity delivered fire engines, ambulances, food, medicine, children's toys and clothing including nappies....

I think its unfair to make the poor villagers of Bi'lin spend $50,000 to do the same thing:
Bil'in - Discover Bil'in

Both the Israeli Supreme court and International Court of Justice have judged that the State of Israel stole half their town in a way that meets Canadian and international definitions of a war crime. The villagers of Bi'lin are suing Canadian developers for profiting from that war crime after the fact. Canadian law states clearly that profiting from a war crime even after the fact is serious and can lead to big fines and jail time.

Why do the poor people of Bi'lin have to pay to get the Canadian government to enforce Canadian law, when the JDL gets the same service for free??????

Update: The villagers of Bi'lin aren't just suing Canadian companies for illegal participation in war crimes after the fact... The Palestinian war crime victims are going after every international company involved.

News

LATEST ARTICLES

April 28, 2009

The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office must be commended for its decision to cancel renting premises for the UK embassy in Tel Aviv from the company Africa-Israel, owned by Israeli businessman and settlement builder Lev Leviev. This is an encouraging step that should now be backed by stronger sanctions against the building of the separation wall and the building of illegal settlements by Israel. Furthermore, the governments of Norway and Dubai should emulate the example set by the UK and sever their relationships with Leviev’s companies.
Norway gov't, banks investing in settlement construction company

April 28, 2009

As the pressure on companies to pull out from business facilitating Israel’s occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip grows, it has been recently revealed that in Norway three private banks and the state pension fund invested in one such company....

May 1, 2009

An Open Letter to Barack Obama from a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate

Bil'in - News

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I disagree MHz. The Jewish Defense League has every right to expect the Canadian government will enforce Canada's laws without spending a dime just by sending an open letter sent to the appropriate officials. In this case, I believe the Canadian government and the JDL will lose their case. I expect Galloway will arrive in some official capacity on British taxpayer's dime to defend himself.
In this case their letter was claiming that sending aid to the people of Gaza was equal to supporting terrorism. There were no weapons in that convoy. Where the prejudice come in is Mr. Galloway was never convicted of supporting terrorists, you have a letter that was acted on. The letter claimed he was a terrorist, Canada was stupid enough to enforce something that can only be determined by a court of Law. They totally ignored that step and they took the law into their own hands by determining he was guilty. The JDL doesn't determine who is a terrorist, they think they can though.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

Israel is not a factor in this equation.

I see no evidence that Galloway gave any money to this charity. I guess we'll find out when he files his income tax, if he decides to claim it.... I'm beginning to suspect Galloway not only anticipated the actions of the JDL, he was hoping that someone would take the bait. I doubt the JDL or the Canadian government will find evidence which proves Galloway himself gave money to a charity which gave money to a terrorist organization.

But lets suppose Galloway did give money to a registered British charity. Canada has no jurisdiction to determine whether or not a British citizen can legally give money to a registered British charity while they reside in Britain. Canada only has jurisdiction over Canadian charities, residents and citizens.

I doubt Canada will want to take on the responsibility of looking at every charitable donation to every charitable organization in every country to determine if they violate Canadian law.

Canada is one of the few countries which doesn't distinguish between the charity and military branches of Hamas, which are run by different people for different purposes, with different financing. The British government (like most of the world) only treats the military branch of Hamas as a terrorist organization. All over the world, people legitimately give money to help the charity branch of Hamas to build and run schools, hospitals and mosques.

If the Canadian government bans Galloway from entering Canada, they will have to ban everyone who gives money to charities that give money to the charity branch of Hamas. We are talking about millions of people in Britain, France, Germany... That would be an administrative nightmare and adversely affect tourism and business.

I doubt Canada wants to go down that path either.

No one legitimately believes Galloway is a terrorist or supports terrorism. He has a big mouth and says things you, the JDL and the Canadian government don't like. Too bad.

You make it sound like he was transporting explosive belts to suicide bombers which is a complete misrepresentation of the facts. The charity convoy was purely humanitarian in nature and the money in question was a very tiny part of the package.

The charity convoy circumvented an Israeli humanitarian aid blockade. Blocking humanitarian aid is a crime against humanity.

Are you against replacing ambulances and fire engines recently destroyed by Israel?

Are you against innocent children getting adequate food and medicine, plus a few toys, clothing and nappies?

The real issue here is Israel's imposition of disease and malnutrition on 1.4 million innocent civilians. That was the point of this charity convoy. Perhaps you would like to express you opinion regarding the real crime here. That is Israel's illegal, "crime against humanity" humanitarian aid blockade.

Do you agree with the Israeli government blocking international humanitarian relief in violation of international laws, treaties and conventions? Do you believe circumventing Israel's illegal humanitarian aid blockade is an act of terrorism?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Which, as Canadian citizens, they have every right to do. It is not up to them or any other citizen as to who can and can not enter Canada. If it was, then GW Bush would not have been allowed into Canada as there was an even bigger uproar when it was found out he was coming here.

Immigration Canada made the decision and was supported by the Minister in Charge. Now poor Georgie is pulling a temper tantrum.

How come I see you danceing up and down in the supermarket and waving your fat little fists and turning blue cuz the nice happy man from Ireland dosen't have to give ugly spoiled babywaybe a free ice-cream.:lol: cutchycutchycoo

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
In this case their letter was claiming that sending aid to the people of Gaza was equal to supporting terrorism. There were no weapons in that convoy. Where the prejudice come in is Mr. Galloway was never convicted of supporting terrorists, you have a letter that was acted on. The letter claimed he was a terrorist, Canada was stupid enough to enforce something that can only be determined by a court of Law. They totally ignored that step and they took the law into their own hands by determining he was guilty. The JDL doesn't determine who is a terrorist, they think they can though.

I'm trying to find that open letter by the JDL which led to Galloway's ban. So far no luck. But I came across this article which probably indicates some of what will come out during Galloway's trial:
Hypocrisy in action: The JDL and the Galloway ban | rabble.ca

Very interesting if true.

On the surface, the JDL and their relationship with Canadian politicians sounds benign, but dig a little deeper and you find a lot of dirt on the JDL, Weinstein's support of murder and terrorism and his close links with prominent Canadian politicians.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
EaO, your little hero is a scumball, a supporter of terrorism, a liar, and a con-artist.

Your unthinking belief in him is absolute evidence that I was correct when I called you "Naive"

Your ability to ignore the facts in this matter is revealing of your partisanship....

A British charity that distributes aid in the Palestinian territories and is backed by George Galloway, the Respect MP, is at the centre of a police investigation in Australia.

Interpal, a London-based aid network set up in the early 1990s to provide healthcare to refugees in the West Bank, was investigated by the Charity Commission in 1996 and in 2003 after allegations that it was supporting the Palestinian militant organisation Hamas but was cleared on both occasions. However, it is currently being investigated by the commission for a third time.

It was banned in the US in 2003 on the ground that it was using its global humanitarian missions as a cover for generating money on behalf of Hamas and was outlawed in Australia in 2003 for allegedly being linked to terrorist activities.
George Galloway's charity Interpal back under police glare - Palestinian Mothers

Oh, and here the idiot admits support for Hamas over and over and over......while handing over money....please note he admits smuggling cash to them....
Elected or not, Hamas is a TERROR ORGANIZATION under Canadian law, so Galloway is guilty of supporting terrorism.
YouTube - Galloway Giving Cash to Hamas

And here a little about his corruption.........you know, money from Iraq's Hussein... theVARSITY.ca - The case against Galloway - Comment

Were there justice on this earth, Galloway would be hanged.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Are you against innocent children getting adequate food and medicine, plus a few toys, clothing and nappies?
Sure they are, that's why they support the murder of as many as possible. Israel knows that the babies of today might be a freedom-fighter of tomorrow. (that means they also know the situation today will exist some 20 years down the road). That how they justify bombing civilians, do an act that makes them mad and then kill them because they 'might' retaliate. There is an Israeli drawing of a sniper scope focused on a baby still inside the mother, the caption said it all. It was only withdrawn from complaints outside Israel. The ones inside and outside Israel that got any sort of chuckle from it are the real terrorists. That would also include at least 6 just on this board who have repeatedly voiced support for Israel's military slaughter of some 1,400 women and kids.
And you label an aid convoy as being support of terror. Blocking any such convoy is an act of terror.
If a few countries can get Hamas names as a terrorist group then all the countries that remained at that human rights conference has more than that number and they could declare the US, Canada, and Israel as both bringers of terror and support of making war specifically on civilians.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I see no evidence that Galloway gave any money to this charity. I guess we'll find out when he files his income tax, if he decides to claim it.... I'm beginning to suspect Galloway not only anticipated the actions of the JDL, he was hoping that someone would take the bait. I doubt the JDL or the Canadian government will find evidence which proves Galloway himself gave money to a charity which gave money to a terrorist organization.

But lets suppose Galloway did give money to a registered British charity. Canada has no jurisdiction to determine whether or not a British citizen can legally give money to a registered British charity while they reside in Britain. Canada only has jurisdiction over Canadian charities, residents and citizens.

I doubt Canada will want to take on the responsibility of looking at every charitable donation to every charitable organization in every country to determine if they violate Canadian law.

Canada is one of the few countries which doesn't distinguish between the charity and military branches of Hamas, which are run by different people for different purposes, with different financing. The British government (like most of the world) only treats the military branch of Hamas as a terrorist organization. All over the world, people legitimately give money to help the charity branch of Hamas to build and run schools, hospitals and mosques.

If the Canadian government bans Galloway from entering Canada, they will have to ban everyone who gives money to charities that give money to the charity branch of Hamas. We are talking about millions of people in Britain, France, Germany... That would be an administrative nightmare and adversely affect tourism and business.

I doubt Canada wants to go down that path either.

No one legitimately believes Galloway is a terrorist or supports terrorism. He has a big mouth and says things you, the JDL and the Canadian government don't like. Too bad.

You make it sound like he was transporting explosive belts to suicide bombers which is a complete misrepresentation of the facts. The charity convoy was purely humanitarian in nature and the money in question was a very tiny part of the package.

The charity convoy circumvented an Israeli humanitarian aid blockade. Blocking humanitarian aid is a crime against humanity.

Are you against replacing ambulances and fire engines recently destroyed by Israel?

The real issue here is Israel's imposition of disease and malnutrition on 1.4 million innocent civilians. That was the point of this charity convoy. Perhaps you would like to express you opinion regarding the real crime here. That is Israel's illegal, "crime against humanity" humanitarian aid blockade.

Do you agree with the Israeli government blocking international humanitarian relief in violation of international laws, treaties and conventions? Do you believe circumventing Israel's illegal humanitarian aid blockade is an act of terrorism?

"No one legitimately believes Galloway is a terrorist or supports terrorism. He has a big mouth and says things you, the JDL and the Canadian government don't like. Too bad."

nit picking I know but----------if that was true he would not have been barred. It is "too bad" it is very very bad, it literally is terrorism to them. And they will kill ,imprison ,arrest, detain ,search,torture ,murder, starve and exterminate any and finally all who they label terrorist. We were promised a long holy war against terrorism and I believe it is right and just to pursue. I firmly believe that in the end terrorism will be exterminated, in fact it's a given. A ligitimate belief dosen't necessarily parraell the law does it?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"outlawed in Australia in 2003 for allegedly being linked to terrorist activities"

How about some facts rather than just an allegation, you know like a referenced court document where they have some words written down as a record of their defence.

"
Hamas is a TERROR ORGANIZATION under Canadian law"
Again show that it has gone through the courts or that Hamas has ever committed any acts of terror against Canada. Doing so as a favor to the US and Isreal is not following the requirements that a court of Law would need to arrive at a verdict.
Your statement sums things up quite nicely for your whole support group.

"Were there justice on this earth, Galloway would be hanged."
No mention of courts or anything, your (rather your support of those who would have this happen) determination in the matter says he deserves hanging, matter closed. That's quite the stance when you claim to be a member of a Country that stands behind the rule of law, compassion for the downtrodden also used to be one of our traits, now we just await our orders from Israel. Absolutely incredible. At least in '02 we still had some balls when our Gov refused to name Hamas as being labeled what the US and Israel wanted

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

nit picking I know but----------if that was true he would not have been barred. It is "too bad" it is very very bad, it literally is terrorism to them. And they will kill ,imprison ,arrest, detain ,search,torture ,murder, starve and exterminate any and finally all who they label terrorist. We were promised a long holy war against terrorism and I believe it is right and just to pursue. I firmly believe that in the end terrorism will be exterminated, in fact it's a given. A ligitimate belief dosen't necessarily parraell the law does it?
So we should just wait for the sun to explode? Terror cannot ever be overcome because to fight terror you have to cause terror. As it now stands if terror can be judged by needless deaths then the ones who claim to be fighting terror are the most savage terrorists on the whole planet. To define a terrorist as anybody against the US and/or Israel is just a play with words. If the women and kids felt terror in Gaza for a month then they were under an terrorist attack, and since little of vfuk all was done other than let Israel unload whatever they wanted those nations are the ones supporting terrorists. If it was a real battle all the US and Israel would have to do is start submitting names to the Hague, which they won't ever do because the cases that name them could then also move forward.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
No doubt Galloway delivered cash to the democratically elected Palestinian government. But whose cash was it? Canadian law says nothing about delivering cash. Now you are widening Canada's anti-terrorism laws to include services like Western Union and banks. I doubt the Canadian government wants to go down that path either.

After watching that video, I am certain that action was bait. I'm certain Galloway has been planning this court case from the beginning.

Regarding Interpal, Galloway made a donation to that charity when he won money in a celebrity reality TV show in the UK. It was and is a registered British charity.

Galloway: “I chose to nominate Interpal because it was and is putting food in the mouths of starving children in Gaza when other charities have pulled out,” he said.

No one claims Interpal has direct links to Hamas. They are being investigated in Australia for indirect links. Interpal may have given money to a charity which gave money to Hamas. I believe Australia is another country which fails to distinguish between the charity and military branches of Hamas, unlike the UK, where Galloway made his legal donation.

You are grasping at straws and distorting the facts to try to make legal charities sound like terrorist organizations.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No doubt Galloway delivered cash to the democratically elected Palestinian government. But whose cash was it? Canadian law says nothing about delivering cash. Now you are widening Canada's anti-terrorism laws to include services like Western Union and banks. I doubt the Canadian government wants to go down that path either.

Regarding Interpal, Galloway made a donation to that charity when he won money in a celebrity reality TV show in the UK. It was and is a registered British charity.

Galloway: “I chose to nominate Interpal because it was and is putting food in the mouths of starving children in Gaza when other charities have pulled out,” he said.

No one claims Interpal has direct links to Hamas. They are being investigated in Australia for indirect links. Interpal may have given money to a charity which gave money to Hamas. I believe Australia is another country which fails to distinguish between the charity and military branches of Hamas, unlike the UK, where Galloway made his legal donation.

You are grasping at straws and distorting the facts to try to make charities sound like terrorist organizations.

Hey numbnuts (there's the personal attack)..... it doesn't matter that Britain differentiates between the 2. Canada doesn't..... end of discussion....... In Canada's eyes he is a terrorist sympathiser and supporter...doesn't fricken matter WHAT Britain thinks....... as such, Canada denied him entrance and stated why.... it doesn't matter if he agrees with that finding...or if in Britain, he is walking on the legal side of the line. In Canada he crossed it.

and never mind about the "ya buts"..... we are talking about the big mouth galloway, and his bum buddies Hamas..... not the Isreali's.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
.. we are talking about the big mouth galloway, and his bum buddies Hamas..... not the Isreali's.
No, you mentioned Canada and Britain so you got 2/3 of Israel's slaves.

Just what process does Canada go through to label somebody as being associated with terror? A letter would seem to be all the motivation needed and we can't even get somebody taken off the list after our own investigations. I would think that should be a very big sign saying to put a name up there before there is overwhelming evidense as offered to the courts. Obviously courts are an after-thought. I can understand Canada condemning Hamas for stating publicly they were willing to use violence. No demands or sanctions or any other moves from Canada to talk to Hamas (hard to do with a straight face when we activily suppress the right of the people we have on places called reservations), label them a terrorist, after 911 that definition changed, and it was after 911 that Canada labeled them as being such. Based on what, how many attacks/deaths? Certainly Lebanon in '06 should have gotten Israel the same label since the needlessly 'terrorised' , numbered over 1,000 deaths, more maimed, even more just left shaking and in shock.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
MHz;1088783]"outlawed in Australia in 2003 for allegedly being linked to terrorist activities"

How about some facts rather than just an allegation, you know like a referenced court document where they have some words written down as a record of their defence.

I was talking about law here, the organization is outlawed in our sister country, that was my point.....

"Hamas is a TERROR ORGANIZATION under Canadian law"
Again show that it has gone through the courts or that Hamas has ever committed any acts of terror against Canada. Doing so as a favor to the US and Isreal is not following the requirements that a court of Law would need to arrive at a verdict.
Your statement sums things up quite nicely for your whole support group.

Don't be obtuse. There is a list of organizations considered in Canada to be terror organizations: Hamas is on that list: Galloway supports Hamas, therefore Galloway, under Canadian law, supports terrorism........his suit is ridiculous.

"Were there justice on this earth, Galloway would be hanged."
No mention of courts or anything, your (rather your support of those who would have this happen) determination in the matter says he deserves hanging, matter closed. That's quite the stance when you claim to be a member of a Country that stands behind the rule of law, compassion for the downtrodden also used to be one of our traits, now we just await our orders from Israel. Absolutely incredible. At least in '02 we still had some balls when our Gov refused to name Hamas as being labeled what the US and Israel wanted

Now here I'm speaking about justice, not law.

There is a difference.