Ford finally faces legal action.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Trying to discuss a topic by presenting relevant evidence is a hissy fit, yet doing nothing but personally attacking other posters is a-okay?

If you don't think there is anything to what I am saying, please feel free to explain why what I have posted is wrong.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The point is i think Ford will lose. The comments made were not valid and Ford had
no proof. Ford is a loser and is out of control. This saga is great for entertainment
value only.

He said that he took inappropriate photos. Not much to sue over IMHO. How is his reputation damaged in any way (other than of course being employed by the Star which is not Ford's fault)?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I guess Rob Ford hasn't been in the news enough to please the CBC and that commie rag the Toronto Star.

Lets be realistic. Unless Ford is the world's least intelligent politician ever(and I am certainly not discounting that possibility), he does this stuff to get attention for himself. He has made so many unforced errors recently, it looks a lot like he is the one who gets uncomfortable when the media isn't talking about him.

So you and your Bear friend have similar interests on here eh? No interest in actually discussing the topic, just personal attacks all day.

If you can't explain why what I said was wrong, maybe you need to rethink your own opinion. Either that, or, you know, don't bother posting anything.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If you can't explain why what I said was wrong, maybe you need to rethink your own opinion. Either that, or, you know, don't bother posting anything.

you, and the equivalent to the National Enquirer reporter, are both wrong. There was no libel, there was no defamation. If the guy didn't want to be seen as a possible pedophile, then he shouldn't have been skulking around the back yards of homes with small kids.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
you, and the equivalent to the National Enquirer reporter, are both wrong. There was no libel, there was no defamation. If the guy didn't want to be seen as a possible pedophile, then he shouldn't have been skulking around the back yards of homes with small kids.

I have already clearly explained why I think that he has a good case. Why don't you try actually addressing some of those points?

If being on public land near a house with small children in it opened you up to being accused of being a pedophile, than I am sure that I could rightfully accuse you and everyone else here of being a pedophile.

Aside from the legal case, it is pretty low of Ford to use his kids like this.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I have already clearly explained why I think that he has a good case. Why don't you try actually addressing some of those points?

If being on public land near a house with small children in it opened you up to being accused of being a pedophile, than I am sure that I could rightfully accuse you and everyone else here of being a pedophile.

Aside from the legal case, it is pretty low of Ford to use his kids like this.

Ya, I know you have explained and I say you are wrong. In my opinion, and you are also only voicing an opinion, he has no legal ground to stand on. Ford was voicing an opinion only about how it looked to him. He did not present it as a fact.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I have to jump in here with a question.

Explain what was wrong to whose satisfaction? Because from my point of view, I've seen people explain what they are thinking, and I see you simply not accepting it. Your choice, to accept or not, but this is not a race, there is no finish line, there is no gold star to whomever may "win" because there is nothing to win.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have to jump in here with a question.

Explain what was wrong to whose satisfaction? Because from my point of view, I've seen people explain what they are thinking, and I see you simply not accepting it. Your choice, to accept or not, but this is not a race, there is no finish line, there is no gold star to whomever may "win" because there is nothing to win.

You're funny SLM- keep it up. -:)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
While I will concede that Rob Ford as of late has been his own worst enemy, let's be clear here. The Toronto Star has been out to get this guy since day one. You won't find them camped out on Kathleen Wynne's driveway over the Gas Plant debacle or former Premier Dalton McGuinty who turned tale and ran once the writing was on the wall. The fact of the matter is that everyone has dirt if you look for it, Ford a hell of a lot more than most, obviously stemming from severe addiction issues. But you don't see them dogging Duffy or sitting at 24 Sussex trying to catch the PM at any inopportune moment.

These clowns at the Toronto Star were incensed that one of their own did not get elected and had they not found this gem with which to unseat him they would still be (what the hell am I saying?) they still are acting like a bunch of freaking tabloid paparazzi's. I have been in defense of Ford in the early days not because I voted for him, but because no person should have to endure such antics.

What a garbage newspaper the TO Star has become.

Anyone came into my backyard snapping pictures would find himself on the side of a well deserved *** kicking.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
danny dale is a pussified crybaby. Had his widdle feelings hurt is all.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Ya, I know you have explained and I say you are wrong. In my opinion, and you are also only voicing an opinion, he has no legal ground to stand on. Ford was voicing an opinion only about how it looked to him. He did not present it as a fact.

You see the difference there. I actually explained my point of view, while you have just stated I am wrong. Why am I wrong?

Saying that he was in his back yard and taking photos of his kid is not an opinion. That is a statement of fact.

If you come into an internet forum expecting "satisfaction" you are doing to be sorely disappointed.

What I hope for is an actual reasoned discussion, not just people stating "you are wrong" or "you are an idiot".

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You see the difference there. I actually explained my point of view, while you have just stated I am wrong. Why am I wrong?

Saying that he was in his back yard and taking photos of his kid is not an opinion. That is a statement of fact.

If you come into an internet forum expecting "satisfaction" you are doing to be sorely disappointed.

What I hope for is an actual reasoned discussion, not just people stating "you are wrong" or "you are an idiot".

I stated why I thouvht you and the idiot reporter are wrong. Just because you are, once again, demonstrating your comprehension problems,Is not my problem.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
While I will concede that Rob Ford as of late has been his own worst enemy, let's be clear here. The Toronto Star has been out to get this guy since day one. You won't find them camped out on Kathleen Wynne's driveway over the Gas Plant debacle or former Premier Dalton McGuinty who turned tale and ran once the writing was on the wall. The fact of the matter is that everyone has dirt if you look for it, Ford a hell of a lot more than most, obviously stemming from severe addiction issues. But you don't see them dogging Duffy or sitting at 24 Sussex trying to catch the PM at any inopportune moment.

These clowns at the Toronto Star were incensed that one of their own did not get elected and had they not found this gem with which to unseat him they would still be (what the hell am I saying?) they still are acting like a bunch of freaking tabloid paparazzi's. I have been in defense of Ford in the early days not because I voted for him, but because no person should have to endure such antics.

What a garbage newspaper the TO Star has become.

This is just a talking point that Ford and his brother have repeated enough times that some people believe it. The Star isn't doing anything that every other news outlet in Toronto is not doing. Every other major news outlet is right beside them outside his office/house and everywhere he goes.

The media doesn't camp out to catch him inopportune moments. They have to camp out simply to ask him questions and try to get answers since he refuses to speak with the media in the way any normal politician would. This is a guy who has literally refused to take public questions from the media for weeks at a time.

Unfortunately for him, he is the Mayor, so he isn't allowed to just tell people to leave him alone. If he wont make himself available to the media in the normal fashion, they are going to have to do whatever it takes to get their job done.

Anyone came into my backyard snapping pictures would find himself on the side of a well deserved *** kicking.

This is just more evidence of the damage that his comments have done. Dale never set foot on his property nor did he take pictures of his property, yet so many people believe he did that and more because of Ford's constant lies about this incident.

I stated why I thouvht you and the idiot reporter are wrong. Just because you are, once again, demonstrating your comprehension problems,Is not my problem.

Lol, why do you guys want to make having a conversation with you akin to pulling nails?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

That doesn't even remotely come close to answering the question. What I asked was "to whose satisfaction must an explanation be?"

And yet you keep finding 'arguments'....and this is why.

See whether you like the reasoning or not, whether you agree with it or not, he has actually explained why his opinion is what it is. He is not required to go into any greater detail, nor is anyone else.

And, when you put it this way.....

....no one is inclined to go into greater detail.

So I ask again, to whose satisfaction must opinions, thoughts, and statements be explained? To yours?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Wow. What a bunch of losers you guys are.
A buffoon will never stop. Whether he actually libeled this man is not relevant at this point. It is quite obvious he intended malice with his comments in the interview. For me this reveals his character in spades.
This man lacks the basic decorum needed to even post on an internet forum never mind be a public leader yet many here treat him as a demigod.
I guess that is the way of the 21st century.
You can have your 'buffoon idolatry' , I'll stick to civility.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A buffoon will never stop. Whether he actually libeled this man is not relevant at this point. It is quite obvious he intended malice with his comments in the interview. For me this reveals his character in spades.
This man lacks the basic decorum needed to even post on an internet forum never mind be a public leader yet many here treat him as a demigod.
100 percent

:wav:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

riiiiiiiiight....... and of course you have so much more posting decorum than the rest of us "losers", right eh1?:roll:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Really, is that what I was saying? Wow! You read me like a book. Good grief.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
That doesn't even remotely come close to answering the question. What I asked was "to whose satisfaction must an explanation be?"

And yet you keep finding 'arguments'....and this is why.

See whether you like the reasoning or not, whether you agree with it or not, he has actually explained why his opinion is what it is. He is not required to go into any greater detail, nor is anyone else.

And, when you put it this way.....

....no one is inclined to go into greater detail.

So I ask again, to whose satisfaction must opinions, thoughts, and statements be explained? To yours?

Are we really debating what a conversation is? If people here put half as much effort into discussing the topic that they put into arguing about why they don't want to discuss the topic, this would be a lot more interesting.