For The Harper-Hating Half Wits and Nutbars

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
1/ You've posted 75 threads since you joined Canadian Content, and in every one of those 75 threads you've demonized Obama, or Justin Trudeau, or students who voted for an increase to student loan programs, or anything politically to the left of Neoconservative ideology.

2/ was this thread of yours, featuring a fair response from Rex Murphy to much of the demonizing language leveled at Harper, intended to be ironic?

3/ I agree with a lot of what Rex says but am wondering if you're aware of the cognitive dissonance between your position and that which you're supporting from Rex.

1/That is a lie.

2/ Obviously no.

3/ Your premiss is specious and rdiculous and therefore your question is moot. As I wrote earlier in this thread, truth is always a sufficient defence in libel cases and in life. In actual fact, my political orientation has generally been as a Red Tory and I was one of those who helped to put the boots to Stockwell Day and the Alliance back in the day because it was too right wing for my tastes. In the main, I am conservative on economic and fiscal matters and moderate on social matters. You, on the other hand, appear to be a lefty on pretty much everything always.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
A simple no would have sufficed. You didn't have to give evidence of how it manifests.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Harper OKs sale of Canadian oilsands company for $15 billion then he says that "a limit on potential money by ruling any future bids for control of oil sands businesses would be allowed only in exceptional circumstances." http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCABRE8B70D420121208

This means that the big money will flow to Alberta while the rest of Canada can freeze in the dark as far as foreign bids for Canadian business sales are concerned

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
-

- Brian was merely pointing out who the real traitor to Canada was when it counted most in the 1940s against Hitler. At that time, Trudeau enjoyed riding around Montreal on his motorcycle wearing a German army helmut and attending and speaking at local rallies organized by nazi sympathizers and others opposed to fighting in WWII.

Riiiight, because killing a fellow human being is definitely something that everyone should aspire to. Cowardly cow towing to the elites call to war is the problem, not those brave enough to argue against it.
- The Watergate Tapes reveal that Nixon put it best once when he remarked to Halderman "that axxhole Trudeau is really something else".

Another reason to LOVE Trudeau.

Didn't take shyte from the americans. Unlike that *** kissing bullrooney and his love affair with ronnie raygun. I damn near puked and have not been able to listen to "when Irish eyes are smiling" since.

3/ Do you actually have anything, anything at all, intelligent and accurate and relevant to say

maybe when you do, others will also.

Can anybody help me. What is this referring to?

The last omnibus bill that the cons pushed through had this little bit tucked in. It "stream lines" the oil company's ability to expand.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I have a question for you Teddy. You've posted 75 threads since you joined Canadian Content, and in every one of those 75 threads you've demonized Obama, or Justin Trudeau, or students who voted for an increase to student loan programs, or anything politically to the left of Neoconservative ideology.

So the question is, was this thread of yours, featuring a fair response from Rex Murphy to much of the demonizing language leveled at Harper, intended to be ironic? I agree with a lot of what Rex says but am wondering if you're aware of the cognitive dissonance between your position and that which you're supporting from Rex.

What TBG has done of course is confirmed my view of how Rex changed since Duffy got a Senate Seat.....Senate reform my butt........

DearRex Murphy; No one likes a sellout (re; baglicker)

Many former followers of Rex became dismayde at his turnabout. He was critized some years ago for being too progressive on his CBC show and did this strange turnaround dissing all his former values. He was very peed at not getting a Senate position from the Libs and the when Mike Duffy got one for slurping up to the CONServatives, well he realized the error of his ways. ............

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The last omnibus bill that the cons pushed through had this little bit tucked in. It "stream lines" the oil company's ability to expand.
Thanks gerry.I figured it was something like that.

Who is Harper working for again? Money talks... people and the future don't matter.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
- relic kid ... 1/ I am well aware that 39% is not a majority. You, on the other hand, are obviously ignorant of the fact that there have only been two (2) federal elections in the past 60 years where a party has won more than 50% of the national vote, namely Diefenbaker and his Conservatives in 1957 and Mulroney and his Conservatives in 1984. Are you suggesting that Dief The Chief and Brian Mulroney were the only demcratically elected PMs in modern times or just what are you suggesting?

2/ I'm in no bubble nor is Rex Murphy and neither of us "believe everything plastic man and his minions say". But both of us do believe that Harper has been the subject of much unfair and unbalanced criticism, that he is actually not the monster that the lefty loons portray him to be but rather is as quintessentially Canadian as any PM in living memory and, that this obsessive, extreme, unrelenting criticism says more about the crack pots making it than it does about Harper.

3/ Do you actually have anything, anything at all, intelligent and accurate and relevant to say about Murphy's excellent column?

Problem being that many of Harpers most ardent backers ARE raving loons. I'm not exactly a Harper fan myself but I don't see him as overly dangerous and lightyears better than the other choices presented to us in the last election.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Thanks gerry.I figured it was something like that.

The nitty gritty is that DFO no longer has to ensure that habitat is protected. Only for commercially and culturally significant species is there any protection, and again it is not really about the habitat. Pretty hard to protect and manage fisheries if you don't give a damn about their habitat.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Harper OKs sale of Canadian oilsands company for $15 billion then he says that "a limit on potential money by ruling any future bids for control of oil sands businesses would be allowed only in exceptional circumstances." http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCABRE8B70D420121208

This means that the big money will flow to Alberta while the rest of Canada can freeze in the dark as far as foreign bids for Canadian business sales are concerned

The rest of Canada would be starving as well as freezing in the dark if it wasn't for Alberta.

I used to have the same target that you use for an avatar.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
To start with cliffy if we could only turn the spade over on the living one while he is alive.
Hating Harper, Trudeau, Obama, all this is just people who do not have a vision of any kind.
We tend to like politicians who don't have a vision period so the ones that do we hate them.
I don't share Harper's vision he is dismantling the society we know and at polling time we
can take care of that. Hate Harper, no he is not worth hating in my opinion, I will just wait
him out. There is a saying "this too shall pass"

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
To start with cliffy if we could only turn the spade over on the living one while he is alive.
Hating Harper, Trudeau, Obama, all this is just people who do not have a vision of any kind.
We tend to like politicians who don't have a vision period so the ones that do we hate them.
I don't share Harper's vision he is dismantling the society we know and at polling time we
can take care of that. Hate Harper, no he is not worth hating in my opinion, I will just wait
him out. There is a saying "this too shall pass"

Who would you replace him with?

Trudeau and Harper should be judged on their respective records and actions. Trudeau was the man who called out troops in Quebec and imposed martial law. Trudeau was the one who actually flipped off Canadians who protested against his policies. Trudeau was the one who embarked on a campaign of economic warfare against a specific region, violating the constitutional distribution of provincial and federal jurisdictions.

Harper hasn't done anything on those lines, to this point. The worst we can say is he has let his party run attack add campaigns against opponents... not something new in politics or unique to the Conservatives (bogus "sekrit ajenduh" campaign, anyone?).

Disagree with his policy stance, all you like; believe he is wrong in how he approaches issues, but why is there a need to attack the man himself.

Probably the worst thing about Harper is the sh*t his M.P.s get away with..................Bev Oda, Helen Guergis, Peter McKay, Vic Toews for starters!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hell, just listen to some of the parents at a AAA Midget hockey game anywhere in Canada...
Hey hey hey, don't be dissing the sports fans, they'll call you a troll, a leftie, a Joo hater, terrorist supporter, puppy killer and fascist vegan with ties to Liberace all while having a chipotle salsa, low pressure wargasm that dribbles down their right thigh inside their red white and blue tights.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Well according to the left....if we just listened to them (they know best):roll: we should all sit around the campfire..... (after giving all our money to a liberal government so they can redistribute it while giving a good part to their cronnies)......sing Kumbaya and everything will be honky dorry.........

Hear hear!... And pass the Kool Aid if you please

Bring something of value to the table and attract the Big Money Liberalman.... Just quit your bitchin' about being the last one picked for the team

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Bring something of value to the table and attract the Big Money Liberalman.... Just quit your bitchin' about being the last one picked for the team

My Captain My Captain the east or Ontario and Quebec brought the most important value to the table which was cold hard cash for development of the oil sands when oil was way under the $70.00 a barrel to make it viable.

Unfortunately our Canadian Prime Minister who was raised in vote rich Ontario became indoctrinated in the redneck philosophy that Alberta is the centre of Canada

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Only for commercially and culturally significant species is there any protection, and again it is not really about the habitat. Pretty hard to protect and manage fisheries if you don't give a damn about their habitat.
That's a lot of fish species.

You can't protect fish, without protecting their habitat.

What TBG has done of course is confirmed my view of how Rex changed since Duffy got a Senate Seat.....Senate reform my butt........

DearRex Murphy; No one likes a sellout (re; baglicker)

Many former followers of Rex became dismayde at his turnabout. He was critized some years ago for being too progressive on his CBC show and did this strange turnaround dissing all his former values. He was very peed at not getting a Senate position from the Libs and the when Mike Duffy got one for slurping up to the CONServatives, well he realized the error of his ways. ............
Ummmmmm.............Do you have any proof (ideally a link to the facts not just your opinion) to the claim you have made.............

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I do not think Stephen Harper has a hidden agenda. I think there are laws he would like to enact that he realizes would be political death. I believe that because he wanted to enact constitutional reforms to ban gay marriage the first time he had his minority; he changed his platform the next time around and it payed off. He also didn't call out the whip on the back-bencher who brought up the abortion debate, despite claiming to be pro-choice. One might argue he was just allowing his MP's to speak their minds, but given how he has cracked down when they speak out about other issues... well, I conclude that there are laws he would like to pass but is smart enough not to establish as the party line.

As for being a taciturn schemer, there can be no doubt. He has used proroguement, filibustering, selective media messages, advertisements outside of campaigning, and a whole host of tools which most people agree with but frown upon to implement his vision. If you like his vision, then probably you find it acceptable but you should still be honest that you weren't happy when it was Chretien using those tools (unless you are really a swing opinion) and Harper has been using them to more effect. If you don't like his vision, then you end up feeling like a person who won a majority with 37% of the vote shouldn't be able to so easily change the course of the country for the other 63%.