For The Harper-Hating Half Wits and Nutbars

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
On behalf of my fellow half-wits and nutbars, I would like to apologise. Some of us have been equating Harper to Hitler. That equation is incorrect. Hitler was Catholic.

Sincerely,
Cousin Spade

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Is anyone, including Rex, actually surprised? I find that hard to believe. Anyone who has been conscious for the past few decades shouldn't be at all bewildered at the evolution of tribalism in politics. It's human nature for crying out loud. What's hard to understand?

Hell, just listen to some of the parents at a AAA Midget hockey game anywhere in Canada...

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
teddy boy,you still haven't tumbled to the fact that 39% is not a majority.A lot of you folks in the bubble seem to have that problem,goes with believing everything plastic man and his minions say.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
For your info....Between 1900 and 2004, Canadians elected 21 majority governments at the federal level, but only ten actually received over 50 percent of the popular vote.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
For your info....Between 1900 and 2004, Canadians elected 21 majority governments at the federal level, but only ten actually received over 50 percent of the popular vote.
That doesn't matter, because Harper didn't lead any of them.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
teddy boy,you still haven't tumbled to the fact that 39% is not a majority.A lot of you folks in the bubble seem to have that problem,goes with believing everything plastic man and his minions say.

- relic kid ... 1/ I am well aware that 39% is not a majority. You, on the other hand, are obviously ignorant of the fact that there have only been two (2) federal elections in the past 60 years where a party has won more than 50% of the national vote, namely Diefenbaker and his Conservatives in 1957 and Mulroney and his Conservatives in 1984. Are you suggesting that Dief The Chief and Brian Mulroney were the only demcratically elected PMs in modern times or just what are you suggesting?

2/ I'm in no bubble nor is Rex Murphy and neither of us "believe everything plastic man and his minions say". But both of us do believe that Harper has been the subject of much unfair and unbalanced criticism, that he is actually not the monster that the lefty loons portray him to be but rather is as quintessentially Canadian as any PM in living memory and, that this obsessive, extreme, unrelenting criticism says more about the crack pots making it than it does about Harper.

3/ Do you actually have anything, anything at all, intelligent and accurate and relevant to say about Murphy's excellent column?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Can anybody help me. What is this referring to?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

It's what is known as a plurality.

That is expected where there are more than two parties are running, not necessarily the sign of a bad thing.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
- relic kid ... 1/ I am well aware that 39% is not a majority. You, on the other hand, are obviously ignorant of the fact that there have only been two (2) federal elections in the past 60 years where a party has won more than 50% of the national vote, namely Diefenbaker and his Conservatives in 1957 and Mulroney and his Conservatives in 1984. Are you suggesting that Dief The Chief and Brian Mulroney were the only demcratically elected PMs in modern times or just what are you suggesting?

2/ I'm in no bubble nor is Rex Murphy and neither of us "believe everything plastic man and his minions say". But both of us do believe that Harper has been the subject of much unfair and unbalanced criticism, that he is actually not the monster that the lefty loons portray him to be but rather is as quintessentially Canadian as any PM in living memory and, that this obsessive, extreme, unrelenting criticism says more about the crack pots making it than it does about Harper.

3/ Do you actually have anything, anything at all, intelligent and accurate and relevant to say about Murphy's excellent column?
I'm sorry but you will have to re-adjust your figures I believe they have two each since the war....

Canadian Election Results: 1867-2008

But since confederation the cons have the libs beaten 6 to 4 in the popular vote.....

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I have a question for you Teddy. You've posted 75 threads since you joined Canadian Content, and in every one of those 75 threads you've demonized Obama, or Justin Trudeau, or students who voted for an increase to student loan programs, or anything politically to the left of Neoconservative ideology.

So the question is, was this thread of yours, featuring a fair response from Rex Murphy to much of the demonizing language leveled at Harper, intended to be ironic? I agree with a lot of what Rex says but am wondering if you're aware of the cognitive dissonance between your position and that which you're supporting from Rex.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have a question for you Teddy. You've posted 75 threads since you joined Canadian Content, and in every one of those 75 threads you've demonized Obama, or Justin Trudeau, or students who voted for an increase to student loan programs, or anything politically to the left of Neoconservative ideology.

So the question is, was this thread of yours, featuring a fair response from Rex Murphy to much of the demonizing language leveled at Harper, intended to be ironic? I agree with a lot of what Rex says but am wondering if you're aware of the cognitive dissonance between your position and that which you're supporting from Rex.

Good luck getting a reply from Teddy, let alone an intelligent one. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest maybe Neo Naziism should be ruled out- to put it tactfully-:)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Good luck getting a reply from Teddy, let alone an intelligent one. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest maybe Neo Naziism should be ruled out- to put it tactfully-:)
Well according to the left....if we just listened to them (they know best):roll: we should all sit around the campfire..... (after giving all our money to a liberal government so they can redistribute it while giving a good part to their cronnies)......sing Kumbaya and everything will be honky dorry.........

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
I'm sorry but you will have to re-adjust your figures I believe they have two each since the war....

Canadian Election Results: 1867-2008

But since confederation the cons have the libs beaten 6 to 4 in the popular vote.....

- DS ... I said that in the past 60 years - 1952-2012 - there were only two governments with 50% or more of the vote, namely Dief's in 1958 and Mulroney's in 1984. I was almost correct but the election I thought was in 1952 was actually in 1953 so I hereby amend my comment to only two governments with 50% or more of the vote in the past 59 years, LOL. Thanks for looking it up and thereby correcting my seniors' moment.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
So, I'm guessing here, but it sounds like it is OK to piss on a dead man's grave but not on a live one.

How am I pissing on anyone's grave by listing some of the controversial actions that the person committed? Seriously, I am not a Trudeau fan because of the way I judge his actions and relate them to my values and priorities. I am not a Harper fan for essentially the same reasons, but I don't understand the level of vitriol for someone who has not committed acts on the same scale.

I think Harper is a hypocrite and a liar, but so are 99% of politicians. I just happened to vote for his party because I thought they were/are the lesser of the evils (like JLM and thousands if not millions of others). Now that's a personal judgement based on my values and priorities so I can understand that others with different points of view will deviate from that, but where is the justification for the demonification?