Food Stamp Recipients Outnumber Women Who Work Full-Time

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ya, what a bennie that is.. Ante-up 50% of your income for iPhones.

Just another shamless display of favoritism directed at the rich (or maybe I should replace 'rich' with 'employed')
It's all in what dodges you can take advantage of and how important dodging taxes is to you.

No rich person has ever paid 50% in Federal income tax, unless they inherited their wealth. Anybody who'd pay 50% is too stupid to get rich.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It's all in what dodges you can take advantage of and how important dodging taxes is to you.

Evading and avoiding are 2 different things.

No rich person has ever paid 50% in Federal income tax, unless they inherited their wealth. Anybody who'd pay 50% is too stupid to get rich.

50%?... Pfffft, that's if you're lucky.

Factor-in the State/Provincial tax, Muni taxes, VATs, State/Prov Sales taxes, eco-taxes, Sin taxes, let alone the hidden ones and you'd be lucky to pay only a paltry 50%

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
To get rich you have to be three things, smart ruthless and extremely cheap.

Wanna know what is really neat? People without iPhones work less and have more free time. Weird huh?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I never evade. Just avoid.

Factor-in the State/Provincial tax, Muni taxes, VATs, State/Prov Sales taxes, eco-taxes, Sin taxes, let alone the hidden ones and you'd be lucky to pay only a paltry 50%
Figuring in all of that, I pay maybe 10%. Just a matter of knowing where the escape hatches are. I don't, but my money guy does.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
> petros and his wife work hard, make good coin

> everybody gets mad

:lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Kinda begs the question: Exactly what do you do with your time?

Old school sh-t like talk to and boink my wife, enjoy real life conversations over real beer, cook real foods and sometimes I do crossword puzzles if I can find an antique store that sells pencils

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Y'know, whenever people start whining about how bad the rich have it, and how happy and comfortable the poor are, I feel compelled to point out that anybody who wants to can be poor. Ain't hard.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Y'know, whenever people start whining about how bad the rich have it, and how happy and comfortable the poor are, I feel compelled to point out that anybody who wants to can be poor. Ain't hard.

Who is saying that the poor are comfortable?... You want to add that in, you can take full credit for the comment.

.. And you're right, being poor is really easy; but striving for middle class, let alone wealthy earns you extra special derision from society and the tax dept, let alone a lot of long hours, sacrifice and risk.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
penny whistles, moon pies and iPhones with unlimited data plans will it take to make me poor again?

Who is saying that the poor are comfortable?... You want to add that in, you can take full credit for the comment.

.. And you're right, being poor is really easy; but striving for middle class, let alone wealthy earns you extra special derision from society and the tax dept, let alone a lot of long hours, sacrifice and risk.

I lost a whole year of eh1eh's life in taxes.

I didn't have to spend six years in university or do 12 hr shifts on 28/14 turn arounds, or spend month upon months away from my family in other
Provinces or nations where work was to get to this point. It was all handed to me on a platter

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Specifically? EagleSmack, for one. You really don't recollect his rants on how good welfare recipients have it in Massachusetts?

Maybe in Canada. Down here I don't recollect the IRS deriding anybody. As far as "society," it's probably just racism.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Specifically? EagleSmack, for one. You really don't recollect his rants on how good welfare recipients have it in Massachusetts?

I don't know the facts first-hand, for all I know, his comments are based in fact.

Regardless, I never made that kind of statement

As far as "society," it's probably just racism.

You sleep through OWS?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't know the facts first-hand, for all I know, his comments are based in fact.

Regardless, I never made that kind of statement

You sleep through OWS?
Pretty much. What's your alternative? Criminalise expressing negative opinions of the 1%? Mandatory sensitivity training in public schools?

I'm not sure what the solution is, but I too have felt the lash of oppression when people say nasty things about me for my money. And it has made me weep bitter salt tears.

All the way to the bank.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Pretty much. What's your alternative? Criminalise expressing negative opinions of the 1%? Mandatory sensitivity training in public schools?

I'm not sure what the solution is, but I too have felt the lash of oppression when people say nasty things about me for my money. And it has made me weep bitter salt tears.

All the way to the bank.

We all have the chance(s) to choose to be either the Lion or the lamb.