Food Stamp Recipients Outnumber Women Who Work Full-Time

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What is this statistic supposed to mean?

The minimum wage in the US is far below a living wage, so a lot of people who work full time still qualify for(and need) food stamps. Hell, some of these low wage employers are helping their employees sign up for food stamps and other social assistance programs.

I bet they all have Smart Phones, and flat screens, and Cable.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This is real!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I think they pay for a house phone here. I'm not sure.

It would be a great way to keep track of people wouldn't it?

Do they do mail out?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Do they do mail out?

They won't in BC. Most people don't know but if your land-line is disconnected (except when done at the pole) you can still call 911 and get through

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Do they do mail out?

Sure they could do that but as one guy that exploited the system showed... he got himself a whole bundle of them.

I think Petros... the biggest difficulty you'll have is the limited time you will spend in the states to learn the ins and outs. To get the most for nothing.

I can tell how wonderful it is seeing the EBT card pay for 80% or so for a bill at store, then a big wad of cash is taken out to pay the difference... then loaded into an Escalade.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Sure they could do that but as one guy that exploited the system showed... he got himself a whole bundle of them.

I think Petros... the biggest difficulty you'll have is the limited time you will spend in the states to learn the ins and outs. To get the most for nothing.

I can tell how wonderful it is seeing the EBT card pay for 80% or so for a bill at store, then a big wad of cash is taken out to pay the difference... then loaded into an Escalade.
I hear that man. I remember giving a neighbor a ride to the welfare office years ago, I sat there waiting and watched this woman park her Mercedes, go inside, and come back out stuffing her check into her Gucci handbag. Nearly shat myself. I so wanted to go over and slash all her tires and smash the windows.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I should get a USA Rail Pass. Free upgrades to first class with a sleeping room for two (50% off companion fare) if you have a scooter and you can drink with the German tourists instead of the locals in Coach and avoid getting robbed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I should get a USA Rail Pass. Free upgrades to first class with a sleeping room for two (50% off companion fare) if you have a scooter and you can drink with the German tourists instead of the locals in Coach and avoid getting robbed.

Obama's Aunt came here on a vacation visa and never left. She was ordered to leave by a judge twice. Instead of leaving she just went back to her free apartment and continued collecting all of her entitlements.

I hear that man. I remember giving a neighbor a ride to the welfare office years ago, I sat there waiting and watched this woman park her Mercedes, go inside, and come back out stuffing her check into her Gucci handbag. Nearly shat myself. I so wanted to go over and slash all her tires and smash the windows.

That is so common here. Everything will be provided for you if you chose to completely drop out of the work force. You will be able to live a decent life all paid for by the tax payers and all the free time you'll ever wish for.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Obama's Aunt came here on a vacation visa and never left. She was ordered to leave by a judge twice. Instead of leaving she just went back to her free apartment and continued collecting all of her entitlements.

That is so common here. Everything will be provided for you if you chose to completely drop out of the work force. You will be able to live a decent life all paid for by the tax payers and all the free time you'll ever wish for.

You got some nice golf there? I might have to relocate.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

This story doesn't exactly sound true. Was it some sort of giant novelty cheque so that you could see what it was?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Are the benefit workers over worked/underpaid or indifferent? Or are there loop holes in the formula for signing up?

These stories are outrageous.
I think the thesis is "because some people defraud the welfare system, the welfare system should be shut down."

Funny how that logic doesn't extend to the banking system.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Are the benefit workers over worked/underpaid or indifferent? Or are there loop holes in the formula for signing up?

These stories are outrageous.
That's certainly one way to label them.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
This story doesn't exactly sound true. Was it some sort of giant novelty cheque so that you could see what it was?

I watched her pull it out of the envelope and tear the stub off. She was right across the street about 5 yards from me. I don't know if the bag was real Gucci or a knock-off but the Mercedes was real enough.