Far too many idiots running the country!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually I didn't see anything in the thread stating that the internet or anything else would be provided for free.

Probably not, but it's not the most important thing lacking in this country. While it may be quite important for the high rollers, they have the wherewithal to communicate by other means and believe me they are not going to starve to death while it may be within the realm of possibility for the have nots. Let's even things up a bit and spend $3/4 billion for food, housing and clothing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Let there be NO addition, improvement, or even repair to Canadian infrastructure until the very last Canadian has good food and a nice house (except the Induns. F*** them).

Some infrastructure is very important................roads, bridges, water lines, telephone and some are just a luxury! Food trumps all of them. :) A lot of the Indians are the best people!

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Probably not, but it's not the most important thing lacking in this country. While it may be quite important for the high rollers, they have the wherewithal to communicate by other means and believe me they are not going to starve to death while it may be within the realm of possibility for the have nots. Let's even things up a bit and spend $3/4 billion for food, housing and clothing.

Given the amount of commerce generated by the internet, claiming that it is not a high priority is akin to claiming roads are not a high priority. The internet is part of a modern nation's basic infrastructure and not having decent access to it is similr to living in a region poorly served by other forms of communication. If you want money for food, housing, and clothing then it is a good idea to have a modern economy that can generate that money.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
JLM was a labourer during his working career. His experience with the internet is emailing dirty pictures and jokes to his buds and visiting web forums. He has no real concept of what the internet is and how integral it is to the economy.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
the internet is only "really important" ( we have had world economies without it eh?) if you want to get rid of cash and gold.
it's only a speedy version of the back page off a comic book
(but cannuck likes it, that's prolly why: it's about his speed )

...and about getting rid of real money...like India is doing
say
how's that workin out?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
the internet is only "really important" ( we have had world economies without it eh?) if you want to get rid of cash and gold.
it's only a speedy version of the back page off a comic book
(but cannuck likes it, that's prolly why: it's about his speed )

You got that right, not to mention most of what he spiels is utter and total garbage. Cannuck's ONLY ability lies in denigrating others! :)

Given the amount of commerce generated by the internet, claiming that it is not a high priority is akin to claiming roads are not a high priority. The internet is part of a modern nation's basic infrastructure and not having decent access to it is similr to living in a region poorly served by other forms of communication. If you want money for food, housing, and clothing then it is a good idea to have a modern economy that can generate that money.

Competent people can live a productive life, as I do, without depending on the Internet! For me it provides some entertainment, but I was well entertained long before the internet.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Competent people can live a productive life, as I do, without depending on the Internet! For me it provides some entertainment, but I was well entertained long before the internet.

You are retired. You are no longer productive. Only the simplest people would even suggest the internet isn't a vital component of a robust 21st century economy.