Far too many idiots running the country!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Too bad the idiots have run away from this thread. I'd love to hear why they hate economic development. It's not surprising that the ones that do are Trumpites. They aren't the brightest bunch

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Unfortunately there are some simpletons that can't understand we are talking about two separate standards here................apples and oranges if you like. I'm all for jet travel, high speed internet, fast cars, big houses, fancy boats and I believe everyone should have the opportunity to acquire these things - tier 2, but they aren't necessarily things the gov't should be obligated to provide. Then there's the other standard, nutritious food, warm clothing, pure water, pure air and safe housing. Those are the minimum standard for basic decent living- Tier one. Now I don't think the Gov't should be getting in a flap to be providing "tier 2" stuff before everyone in the country has access to "tier one". The Gov't should see the OPPORTUNITY is available for people to acquire whatever they want. It shouldn't be providing it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Government isn't obligated to do anything. Fack some people are thick. The government should invest in infrastructure to help grow the economy. Its been incredibly successful in the past.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Looks like we can look forward to 65 cent to a dollar with Trump in charge.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
That's part of the plan... provide everything for free and create a comfortable, dependent class of Canadians. When they can live a comfortable life of leisure on the backs of the working class they will certainly reward their liberal masters with their votes.

Actually I didn't see anything in the thread stating that the internet or anything else would be provided for free.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The leaders don't care about poor people in canada, but they likely can't really get rid of cash at some not to distant point in the future, like India or Venezuela are trying to do now with verying degrees of success, without everyone being wired up

Government isn't obligated to do anything. Fack some people are thick. The government should invest in infrastructure to help grow the economy. Its been incredibly successful in the past.

government is obligated to do something dolt
government is obligated to govern

well, at least all the idiots are not at the top