Ezra Levant ordered to pay $80,000; judge cites ‘reckless disregard for the truth’

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
But ezra doesn't leave it on anonymous forums. He puts it right out there, in your face, on public television and print. There are MANY that take this idiots ramblings as being the God's honest truth. That fu cking racist wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and knocked his teeth out.
He does tend to ramble on and on....when I watch one of his show...it's only the first 10 or 15 minutes....after that I know the rest of the hour is just gonna be a repeat.....

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
He does tend to ramble on and on....when I watch one of his show...it's only the first 10 or 15 minutes....after that I know the rest of the hour is just gonna be a repeat.....

It was no different when he owned the Western Standard. He wrote like he speaks.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Appeal will overturn this stupid judge.

Merry Xmas Walter, we know you're lurking........

Today Ontario’s Court of Appeal ruled against me and sided with Khurrum Awan, the former youth president of the Canadian Islamic Congress who sued me more than seven years ago.

The three judge panel — led by a Jewish judge, Kathryn Feldman — upheld the trial decision against me, and the $80,000 judgement, plus the $70,000 cost penalty, plus $15,000 more for the appeal. So $165,000 dollars — all for a Muslim activist who never told the court that he lost a single penny because of my comments.

Stand With Ezra

You can read the full court ruling here.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
$80000 sounds low compared to all the free publicity ezra has received from this.
$165,000 dollars ------- The three judge panel — led by a Jewish judge, Kathryn Feldman — upheld the trial decision against me, and the $80,000 judgement, plus the $70,000 cost penalty, plus $15,000 more for the appeal. So $165,000 dollars

And we will see if his free publicity pays off by how much in donations his new supporters send him....

And sure enough he's already trying to milk his faithful followers. Stand With Ezra

I lost a big court case today, and I think freedom of speech for all of us has suffered a setback.

I’m going to apply for permission to appeal this to the Supreme Court of Canada. I’m not sure if they’ll grant us permission. But we’re going to try. My lawyer says that will cost approximately $10,000.

If you share my belief that we cannot let this ruling stand, please help me cover the costs of applying to the Supreme Court by visiting StandWithEzra.ca

And as usual trying to make it sound like he's a martyr for free speech...

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut. Doesn't change the fact it's a blind squirrel. Ezra is an idiot. Unfortunately, he's right some of the time but only the nutters care

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Yikes!! Many many people in the media are happy they've never had to step in front of this judge!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Everyone knows that people like Ezra are fukking heinous liars.

You reap what you sow.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut. Doesn't change the fact it's a blind squirrel. Ezra is an idiot. Unfortunately, he's right some of the time but only the nutters care

I agree that most of his stories do begin with a grain of truth, but he quickly buries that under layers of extreme right spin, exaggeration and and outright misinformation. He's a hack who's only followers are those of like mindlessness.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
These 'Human Rights Tribunals' are abominations to any Justice System.

They really are kangaroo courts. They are devices of indoctrination and enforcement of a political ideology. They form the advance guard of the Judicial Tyranny that has been imposed on Canada through the Charter and an unfettered, reckless and irresponsible SCOC and court system.

The Tribunals The Charter have to be revoked to reestablish the Sovereignty of Parliament, Legislatures and the will of the people over these debauched judicial clowns.

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
This is hardly even news. Anyone who had read or listened to anything Levant has written or said knows that he is a first class liar.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
This is hardly even news. Anyone who had read or listened to anything Levant has written or said knows that he is a first class liar.

Clearly you are jaded.

Most of the time, he doesn't lie, he just shines a different light on the facts. If this bothers you, you must be miserable around lawyers, politicians, priests, traffic cops, union officials, journalists, car salesmen, children, etc.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Clearly you are jaded.

Most of the time, he doesn't lie, he just shines a different light on the facts. If this bothers you, you must be miserable around lawyers, politicians, priests, traffic cops, union officials, journalists, car salesmen, children, etc.

Rubbish. He's a big, loud clown.

I'll bet that you got sucked in by Trump, too.