End the Lockdown

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
j4wn

When will people realise that the Ruling Class are literally telling us that we don't matter anymore. Dignity being stripped in the name of safety. Slowly, bit by bit, until they are stamping on our faces. Will we even have Funerals in a few years time or will they just throw us in mass graves?

Ian Smithies

This is beyond the realm of sick and inhuman.

Dave Lane

I'm shocked at this video, you cant even comfort your own family at a funeral this is disgusting

Mr Man

Covid 19 can detect empathy and compassion, so our humanity needs to be banned until we can get this non issue virus, with a 99% survival rate for those under 82 years of age under control. Welcome HELL!!! Sorry i mean Britain 2020.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
“STOP!” National Disgrace - Unedited 🎤 📺 It’s Come To This...
Disgraceful and appalling...the unedited video with audio.

This is what those covidiots are doing to us all. It is because of them that we see things like what we saw in the video going on. The majority have all become nothing more than a bunch of sick and pathetic diaper mask wearing/social distance/isolation bunch of crazy in the head buffoons. They are all wearing face diaper masks so what the hell is the problem here? Our dear comrade leaders and the communist globalists are all having a good laugh at the expense of those mask wearing buffoons who have decided to give up their old normal life and freedoms for a new communist like normal slavery life. Gawd dam sad indeed.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
j4wn
When will people realise that the Ruling Class are literally telling us that we don't matter anymore. Dignity being stripped in the name of safety. Slowly, bit by bit, until they are stamping on our faces. Will we even have Funerals in a few years time or will they just throw us in mass graves?
Ian Smithies
This is beyond the realm of sick and inhuman.
Dave Lane
I'm shocked at this video, you cant even comfort your own family at a funeral this is disgusting
Mr Man
Covid 19 can detect empathy and compassion, so our humanity needs to be banned until we can get this non issue virus, with a 99% survival rate for those under 82 years of age under control. Welcome HELL!!! Sorry i mean Britain 2020.

No one wants to talk about the 99% get better statistic but they all seem to prefer to want to talk about the 1% who die. That is all most buffoons can think about. And the lying corrupt politicians and the lying corrupt media are all to willing to talk about how many people have died from this Convid 19 farce. Orwell 1984 is here today. Enjoy. Lol.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Yayyyy Let’s Lockdown!!! 80 Pubs GO BUST Today - told you...

It’s so depressing. The price of this 🤧- now we’re paying...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo1ruRuKzzQ&t=16s

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No one wants to talk about the 99% get better statistic but they all seem to prefer to want to talk about the 1% who die. That is all most buffoons can think about. And the lying corrupt politicians and the lying corrupt media are all to willing to talk about how many people have died from this Convid 19 farce. Orwell 1984 is here today. Enjoy. Lol.

I've been saying from the start that the lockdowns were wrong. And I'm being proven right. More and more people who were in favour of the lockdowns are starting to see what a big mistake it was.

I went to a couple of pubs in Chester today. I had to wear a mask upon entering. I couldn't go to the bar, so I had to take a seat straight away - and the staff told me where to sit. I was then allowed to take my mask off - I had to in order to drink. So why make us wear the mask in the first place? I couldn't go to the bar in case I gave them the Chinese flu or they gave it to me - so instead a barmaid came to my table, asked me what I wanted, then came back to me, gave me my beer, I paid her, then she went away, came back, and handed me my change. So instead of me going to the bar, the bar staff came to me! What's the point? Ridiculous and farcical.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Thousands sign anti-lockdown petition: The Great Barrington Declaration

Professor Jay Bhattacharya from Stanford University has joined 6,000 other health experts in signing the Great Barrington Declaration, a global anti-lockdown movement.

Bhattacharya says the lockdown is more harmful than Covid: "Young people face very little risk from the infection... they face much greater risk from the lockdown... in the US, one in four young adults seriously considered suicide in June".

"Tracking cases is not the right method. The right method is how well we are protecting the vulnerable... the rise in cases tells us nothing".

Bhattacharya says the lockdown has done more harm than good: "This is probably the biggest public health mistake I have seen in my career".

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Blackie...

Resident Brit who is trying sooooo hard to make like his opinion matter and thankfully most others in Britain are smarter and follow actual science.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Blackie...

Resident Brit who is trying sooooo hard to make like his opinion matter and thankfully most others in Britain are smarter and follow actual science.
Which science is that ? The scientists that say mask wearing is ineffective?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Blackie...

Let's follow the science, then, shall we?

Thousands of scientists around the world are signing the Barrington Declaration against lockdown.

Signing it in this video are:

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

Click the link in the video to follow the science and sign it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Signed by

Medical & Public
Health Scientists

Medical
Practitioners

General
Public

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Great Barrington Declaration

As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza.

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.

Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

On October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States, by:

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

Sign here: https://gbdeclaration.org/

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Great Barrington Declaration
As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.
Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.
Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.
Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza.
As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.
The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.
Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.
Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.
On October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States, by:
Sign here: https://gbdeclaration.org/
The UK had 17,000 new cases of COVID yesterday. Per capita, that is more than America gets. If anything, I expect restrictions to tighten, so the hospitals do not become overwhelmed.

More people in the UK are dying of the flu than coronavirus.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The speech Boris should make:

'Friends, Zoomans, countrymen, lend me your ears. I come not to appease Covid but to bury it. For too long our great nation has cowered before this vile interloper.

I promised to run the most open and transparent administration in history. That is why, with this brutally honest and unprecedented progress report, I am determined to level with you.

For the past six months, we have sacrificed our economy — and indeed our sanity — on the wonky altar of this pandemic. Even old Bojo went a bit doolally after my own brush with the Grim Reaper.

I would like to believe that what we got wrong, we got wrong for all the right reasons. At the outset, we knew as little about this pestilence as the Chinese know about the Duckworth-Lewis method for deciding cricket matches.

It was a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. And in the words of one of my distinguished predecessors as Prime Minister, we were 'frit'.

We relied too heavily on the boffins, who were none the wiser than anyone else. While early precautions were only prudent, we kept the country in lockdown unnecessarily, because we didn't have a clue about what to do next.

I confess that most of the time we have been making it up as we've gone along, hoping like Micawber that something might turn up.

If we continue to be guided by 'the science', the consequences will be catastrophic. The so-called experts want us to lockdown again because they won't admit their mistakes.

'Their predictions have turned out to be an inverted pyramid of piffle. They are like some sherry-crazed old dowager who has lost the family silver at roulette and who now decides to double down by betting the house as well.

It is time for me to Take Back Control. As another of my famous predecessors once said: scientists should be on tap, not on top.

Our overreaction to this fiendish bug has already done to the economy what Vesuvius did to ancient Pompeii.

The Covid scare has inflicted more damage on London than the Luftwaffe.

But we beat the Hun and we can beat corona, not by huddling in our air raid shelters but by recapturing our Blitz Spirit.

As of Tuesday, all restrictions on freedom of movement and assembly are revoked, along with those ridiculous road closures, bike lanes and widened pavements.

Face masks may be worn by Nervous Nellies, but no one will be fined for not wearing one. Social distance if you wish, but we trust you to use your common sense.

British people should be able to make their own choices with all the freedom and exhilaration of our woad-painted ancestors.

We will stop lecturing you on the need to lose weight. That is a personal choice. Yours truly has managed to shed a bit of adipose timber, but my policy on cake has always been pro-having it and pro-eating it.

There is absolutely no one, apart from yourself, who can prevent you, in the middle of the night, from sneaking down to tidy up the edges of that hunk of cheese at the back of the fridge.

It's your funeral, and as of Tuesday the number of mourners will no longer be limited to 30. The Rule of Six has been ripped up.

The Seven Dwarfs are restored to their full complement. Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's back to work we go. And any civil servant who refuses to report back to the office on Monday will be dismissed summarily.

This is the not the end of the beginning, or even the beginning of the end, this is the end of hunkering down and hoping for the best.

We shall fight Covid in the streets, and in the pubs, and in the theatres.

We will fight on the beaches, too, once we've cleared away all the dinghies arriving from Calais.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Most people stand about as much chance of dying from Covid as finding Elvis on Mars, being decapitated by a Frisbee or reincarnated as an olive.

Naysayers and doom-mongers may warn this new libertarian approach is reckless and will end in disaster.

But, my friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters.

So let freedom ring out once again. No more timorous Septic Isle. The standing army of Covid marshals has been demobbed. The boffins have been put back in their box.

The Two Ronnies of Doom have been cancelled. So it's good night from me, and it's goodnight to them.

Goodnight!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...ies-Doom-heres-speech-Boris-Johnson-give.html

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Ford locking down Toronto/Peel/Ottawa again.

It seems there's some sort of virus going around.