Electric Vehicles Could be Worth $3.6 Billion to the Ontario Economy

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Electric Vehicles "could' be Worth $3.6 Billion to the Ontario Economy

The latest report from the Windfall Centre argues Ontario’s economy could benefit from the production of electric vehicles (EVs) to the tune of $3.6 billion by 2025.
"Could"....& this was posted in 2014. If you need to bribe business to build them, and bribe people to by them....I'm not so convinced.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Are taxpayer subsidized industries really worth having?

As opposed to everyone having a government job? No doubt it is a buyers market to be able to choose where to set up shop. Each interested jurisdiction giving up more than the next to attract business.

Also really all about the employees being able to pay their mortgage and service the banks. Print more money if you have to.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I’ve heard that the federal and Ontario provincial governments with Unifor somehow in the mix have agreed to hand FORD 1/2 a Billion dollars today to upgrade a plant somewhere in Ontario so it can start pushing out electric cars. I don’t know what it’s like elsewhere but the percentage of actual cars on the road out here Hass to be less than one in five I’m assuming. It’s either trucks or SUVs for about 80% of traffic if not more. Maybe it’s different elsewhere....

I thought it happened pretty fast. Now I know why. Electric vehicles currently make up one percent of the market.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Volkswagen
Automakers Ford and Volkswagen have announced a partnership today that covers a number of areas, including autonomy (via a new investment by VW in Argo AI) and collaboration on development of electric vehicles. ... Both automakers will also remain independently and separately owned.Jul 12, 2019
techcrunch.com › 2019/07/12
Ford and Volkswagen team up on EVs, with Ford the first outside ...

Will VW share their software to curb emissions as well?