Duchess of Cambridge goes into labour

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
When Catherine and William step out ....

When they what? She's expected to 'step out'? Half the women I know tore from hither to yonder when giving birth. Another quarter were sliced open like turkeys being gutted for Thanksgiving. And she's expected to step out?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
When they what? She's expected to 'step out'? Half the women I know tore from hither to yonder when giving birth. Another quarter were sliced open like turkeys being gutted for Thanksgiving. And she's expected to step out?

Perhaps they will use a cardboard cutout for the occassion.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I think it's a hoot. Most likely do. Harmless stuff. More palatable than the latest hollyweird celebrity giving birth or their detox announcement.

Most people like the Royals I think. Even if in a sideshow kinda way. Their country doesn't have one, wishes they had one or has one but the odds are they'll never see one stuff.

If you want spectacle, wait until The Queen passes.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
She's paid enough for it. Walk it off, girl! Rub some dirt on it!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It has been announced that the fountains in Trafalgar Square will be turned either pink or blue upon the future monarch's arrival. So, too, will Toronto's CN Tower and even the Niagara Falls. 30 landmarks around New Zealand will be turned either pink or blue.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
You can go here for live Sky News coverage. When Catherine and William step out of the Lindo Wing with Prince ? or Princess ? - which could be later on tonight or even tomorrow - Sky News will, of course, be covering it live: Royal Baby On The Way: Live Updates

There's still no news of what's happening. Sky News are currently reporting on what is going on at the Middletons' family home in Bucklebury, Berkshire.

Always look on the bright side of ..Birth....

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
When they what? She's expected to 'step out'?

Charles and Diana stepped out of the Lindo Wing in front of the world's press with newborn William and then newborn Harry.

William and Catherine are to do the same. It's tradition.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well if she's one of the lucky ones who can easily walk about after giving birth, kudos to her! If she's not, I hope the country is intelligent enough to let her buck tradition in favour of not torturing an already tortured body further.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
It's been 31 years since a future monarch was born.

If Michelle Obama was giving birth right now do you think nobody would know about it? I can't imagine for a second that the wife of a US President would ever give birth without the media ever reporting it, leaving the public in the dark.

At the end of the day, the wife of the future king giving birth to a future king or queen is a newsworthy event.

Tony Blair named in paternity suit...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well if she's one of the lucky ones who can easily walk about after giving birth, kudos to her! If she's not, I hope the country is intelligent enough to let her buck tradition in favour of not torturing an already tortured body further.

You don't even know whether or not the baby has been born. Catherine could have given birth this morning, for all you know. We won't know until the announcement is fixed onto the easel at the gates of Buckingham Palace. We could see the royal couple and the new baby at the entrance to the Lindo Wing either later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

When Princess Diana gave birth to William she and William were out of hospital the very next day.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You don't even know whether or not the baby has been born. Catherine could have given birth this morning, for all you know. We won't know until the announcement is fixed onto the easel at the gates of Buckingham Palace. We could see the royal couple and the new baby at the entrance to the Lindo Wing either later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

When Princess Diana gave birth to William she and William were out of hospital the very next day.

Suffice it to say any scenario is possible and we'll likely know about it within 24 hours! -:)

What is the big deal, people change Political Parties all the time.

Good one Goob! -:)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Don't have a bird for Christs sake.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
"Get the doctor, quickly! HRH is channeling Queen Victoria!"

"Ugh! We command you to get this thing out of us, NOW!"

"Never mind the doctor. Put in a call for an exorcist. Stat."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The important lesson here is that what happens with two people will necessarily happen with two other people! -:)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Worshipping the state again?

It's like the North Koreans who cried when Kim Jong Il died.

Such a bizarre obsession and worship of the State.

Labour? it'll be the first time she's ever worked.