Don't move to Clearwater, BC and area

What is most important to you in a place to live?

• Recreation options

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • safe housing

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • lack of radon/radiation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • polite, welcoming community members

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Most of the small little towns are quite the same and can be quite standoffish and leery of newcomers.. back in the early 1980s I move around a fair amount tring to find work and pretty much everywhere I went all the men pretty much thought I was trying to steal their wives and girlfriends and their jobs. LOL
Mosquitoes and wasps can be pretty well bad anywhere so blaming that on Any town just doesn't cut it.
Pretty much every small town I lived in they rolled up the sidewalks after five clock except maybe for one restaurant and bar.

it could probably take a year or maybe even two to be accepted and that's if you don't have any major confrontations with the locals.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
You have a point in one respect small town people don't want people moving into
an area and changing things and increasing property values and generally being
a pest. Of course larger towns in BC don't want people moving their either like
things the way they are I suppose
BC has seen population growth especially in the Okanagan a lot of foreigners from
Alberta and Eastern Canada

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Warning about Clearwater!!

My family and I are writing this to advise those wishing to move to BC CANADA on why NOT to relocate to the town of Clearwater and area. We are newer to the community and have lived all over but this place is really not what BC is all about. Property is cheap, the town can be a resume builder, but at a high price.

Why you don't want to live in Clearwater,BC and area:

1. outsiders are not welcome - everybody is cliquey and paranoid about anyone new.
2. wasps - they almost look like bees, but they are aggressive and bite over and over for no reason. They swarm your car and then chase you in droves when you get out, only to sting over and over.

Sounds like a post written by someone who has been spoiled rotten all their life and if something didn't go her way she'd fly into a tantrum. You don't get to call all the shots there, dearie and sometimes you just have to put up with some sh*t, wherever you live. Get used to it. :) :)

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
If BC was as great as people said more than 1 in 12 Canadians would live there.

Silly comment. For the most part it is economic growth that drives population increase. But just in case you haven't noticed Vancouver Island has tens of thousands of retired former residents of the Prairie Provinces.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Silly comment. For the most part it is economic growth that drives population increase. But just in case you haven't noticed Vancouver Island has tens of thousands of retired former residents of the Prairie Provinces.

yes, we have been on the island since l980, new Westminster/surrey area before then, and more people than not, whom I chat with were not born in
b.c., and are surprised when I tell them we were.

Rad68

Aug 30, 2016
Before moving to Clearwater my partner and I came across this post and we laughed about it.Sorry to say but the original poster was so correct!I have lived in a few different small towns and there is something very wrong here in Clearwater. we HATE it here and wish we never moved to this Dumboville. The residents here are clearly stunned rednecks.They need more amenities here for sure but if you try mention anything people complain.The people are rude and ignorant. Im wondering if the original poster marigold did you and your family ever get out of here?We are trying our best to get out!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Before moving to Clearwater my partner and I came across this post and we laughed about it.Sorry to say but the original poster was so correct!I have lived in a few different small towns and there is something very wrong here in Clearwater. we HATE it here and wish we never moved to this Dumboville. The residents here are clearly stunned rednecks.They need more amenities here for sure but if you try mention anything people complain.The people are rude and ignorant. Im wondering if the original poster marigold did you and your family ever get out of here?We are trying our best to get out!

Fairly ignorant post as indicated by outsiders complaining about the denizens. A little hint for you, the residents will probably be happier to see you leave than you will be to get out. I'd be surprised if you've contributed anything of value to their community. :)

Fairly ignorant post as indicated by outsiders complaining about the denizens. A little hint for you, the residents will probably be happier to see you leave than you will be to get out. I'd be surprised if you've contributed anything of value to their community. :)

P.S. Upon viewing your profile I wasn't surprised to see you haven't made any friends yet.:)

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Only 3 things wrong with ?Clearwater...You, the original poster and my fiancee's ex-husband.

I'm thinking we would all be happier if they just left the planet.

Rad68

Aug 30, 2016

P.S. Upon viewing your profile I wasn't surprised to see you haven't made any friends yet.:)
I just joined this forum....I have real friends not friends that live behind a computer screen.

I just joined this forum....I have real friends not friends that live behind a computer screen.
P.S. Upon viewing your profile I wasn't surprised to see you haven't made any friends yet.

that was in regards to that statement

Only 3 things wrong with ?Clearwater...You, the original poster and my fiancee's ex-husband.

Very original! But sadly there are more then three things wrong here.

Rad68

Aug 30, 2016
Fairly ignorant post as indicated by outsiders complaining about the denizens. A little hint for you, the residents will probably be happier to see you leave than you will be to get out. I'd be surprised if you've contributed anything of value to their community.

Your a very angry human....Either the Whisky bottle is empty or your Banjo broke....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Fairly ignorant post as indicated by outsiders complaining about the denizens. A little hint for you, the residents will probably be happier to see you leave than you will be to get out. I'd be surprised if you've contributed anything of value to their community.

Your a very angry human....Either the Whisky bottle is empty or your Banjo broke....

It's probably the banjo again.

Rad68

Aug 30, 2016

LOL!

Hes to busy watching Deliverance which by the way I heard was based on Clearwater...

Will you at least come to our monthly Pancake Breakfast?

As long as theres no banjo players and people have teeth

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

LOL!

Hes to busy watching Deliverance which by the way I heard was based on Clearwater...

Will you at least come to our monthly Pancake Breakfast?

As long as theres no banjo players and people have teeth

They'll all take thier teeth with them to an occasion like a picnic.