Don Cherry makes news in America.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You seem to be missing the fact that people are mainly addressing what he SAID, not what he wore, even the post that you felt warranted that picture.

And you have to admit DaS, that was off, even for Cherry.

Dunno, watched a call-in show at noon on tv.... It was about half and half for and against Cherry.....and those people came from Toronto....go figure:lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Everybody seemed to miss the point that Don Cherry dresses that way for attention too...that's his shtick... It wouldn't be Don Cherry otherwise, if he wasn't loud, extravagant and didn't get people's shorts in a knot.

Not to mention obnoxious. :lol:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
It might be useful if Mr. Cherry stuck to something he knows something about - as soon as he figures out what that is.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Don Cherry has under achieved at everything he's done except shooting his mouth off.....not surprising that YJ would be a fan. One has to wonder if YJ's wife has a problem with the lack of importance he places on finishing the job (something Cherry has failed to do numerous times in his forgettable hockey career).

Yeah I wish I had his under achieving paycheck.

I find it laughable that everyone was so surprised after they "ohh and awed" when they heard that he would be doing the ceremony. They come out shooting their mouths off and then they're aghast when the bulldog they've been poking actually bites back. Sounds like the Pinko's can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Decorum is something yet to be seen in Toronto City Council. Even by leftys and commies like Paula Fletcher.

Example:
Paula Fletcher the Councilor for City Decorum

Sorry folks can't figure out how to embed this, but its a gem.

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
There is a button for inserting links....looks like the earth with some chain links. You should see up by the font selections when writing a post.

Okay thanks. I thought you left. Hence the edit on my post.

I went back and fixed it and probably have confused everyone.

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Don Cherry has under achieved at everything he's done except shooting his mouth off.....not surprising that YJ would be a fan. One has to wonder if YJ's wife has a problem with the lack of importance he places on finishing the job (something Cherry has failed to do numerous times in his forgettable hockey career).

Cannuck, please tell the world what YOUR achievements are.

And note that a personal attack may be credible if it is based in fact. For your information, you can look up the word "FACT" in the dictionary, since it is a distant stranger to just about ALL of your posts, to which you subject unsuspecting victims on this forum.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

And note that a personal attack may be credible if it is based in fact. For your information, you can look up the word "FACT" in the dictionary, since it is a distant stranger to just about ALL of your posts, to which you subject unsuspecting victims on this forum.

Be nice Y.J. - Not everyone is a fan of Cherry, I certainly don't regard him as an authority on much, except he is loyal to Canada and he is able to recognize aggressiveness, on the downside he's opinionated and a bit of a bully about it, he's definitely egotistical, he's loud, he likes to draw attention to himself and he dresses like a clown. What do you admire about him?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Don Cherry has a lot of support in Toronto. Most of it isn't coming from the left wing mind you. He's a good guy, but has a few edges as any interesting person does. He was brought in to blast the lefties and he did exactly what he was supposed to do. The Toronto Star jumped on him when they found out he was asked to come to the ceremony and so he was just kicking them and a few others right in the nut sac. It's a bit surprising that people could be so easy to suck in as this. Ford isn't my first pick but the next few years will be interesting and we'll see where he goes with it. Toronto like all large cities needs a good shake up once in a while. Well the place is shaking now baby!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Fact - YJ doesn't think finishing is very important

Fact - Cannuck wonders what Mrs YJ thinks of YJ's thinking.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

So you can't defend Cherry's lack of ability to win the big games so you then go after someone who thinks Cherry is a baffoon?

Wow.

Fact - YJ doesn't think finishing is very important

Fact - Cannuck wonders what Mrs YJ thinks of YJ's thinking.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Avro, so you can't defend your attack on Cherry's alleged lack of success by telling us your own.

If you can not "FINISH" this argument by convincingly listing your own success story (in your delusional mind probably over-shadowing the record of Don Cherry) you have no place to criticize either Cherry or me.

BTW, I disagree with Cherry in most things, including calling European hockey players all the derogatory names he called them, but when it comes to his political views, I agree with him.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Avro, so you can't defend your attack on Cherry's alleged lack of success by telling us your own.

If you can not "FINISH" this argument by convincingly listing your own success story (in your delusional mind probably over-shadowing the record of Don Cherry) you have no place to criticize either Cherry or me.

BTW, I disagree with Cherry in most things, including calling European hockey players all the derogatory names he called them, but when it comes to his political views, I agree with him.

I would love to tell what I have done with my life YJ, but I don't think it would be worth the while.

Since you like to denegrate people who have done well for themselves but don't agree with them politically perhaps you can share with us what you have done.