Doctor-Assisted Suicide Is Officially Legal in Quebec

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
fear and ignorance would be my best guess

Fear of what? Ignorance of what? It's pretty simple. These people are dying and suffering immensely. Why do people want them to continue suffering? It seems like they understand this completely. They're objections are ridiculous.

I think it breaks down to them simply being *******s. They want the dying to suffer because they hate people.

Apparently the gods prefer it.
A wise wag once remarked, there is no hell as Gawd would not have us suffer twice.

Hell is eternal suffering and life is only temporary. Maybe people against assisted suicide think we need the practice.

Seems to me that those opposed can't or won't differentiate between medical care and end of life care. Or that both can actually have their place without interfering with each other.

I bet they can, but they just won't. How many times have we made the same arguments over and over again on this forum? Some people are just thick.

I am not sure how to take that question but i think it is the end of suffering the goal here , oh and some dignity.

I realize now that my post was grammatically ambiguous.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I bet they can, but they just won't. How many times have we made the same arguments over and over again on this forum? Some people are just thick.

I often wonder just how many of those same people would argue in favour of the death penalty. Because that would be some twisted thinking.

If any Dr needs help killing himself, I'll gladly help him on his/her way to the afterworld.

So helpful! You've got such a big heart. :D

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I do understand that is a fear for some, that we will start offing people before they are ready to go...I don't think we should have to die in gurgling agony because some may abuse the system

let's make it okay for their relatives to come and have their last horrah together instead of pretending that cocktail is just a tad more pain killer...(if you are lucky of course)

let's make everyone lucky who wants to be lucky

maybe make it a part of our living wills saying when I reach the place of no return this is what I would like...and go from there

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

It should be expected, this dying with dignity.

I do understand that is a fear for some, that we will start offing people before they are ready to go...I don't think we should have to die in gurgling agony because some may abuse the system

What's to stop anybody from doing that now? That it's illegal? That hasn't prevented homicide form occurring yet. I find it very difficult to believe that the only thing stopping some people from committing homicide is that it's against the law. You either have it in you to do that or you don't, the law be damned.

Having anything decreed as being illegal does not prevent it from happening. All it does is provide a reason for punishment once you've done it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It should be expected, this dying with dignity.

What's to stop anybody from doing that now? That it's illegal? That hasn't prevented homicide form occurring yet. I find it very difficult to believe that the only thing stopping some people from committing homicide is that it's against the law. You either have it in you to do that or you don't, the law be damned.

Having anything decreed as being illegal does not prevent it from happening. All it does is provide a reason for punishment once you've done it.
true that, very true